Special Ops Paintball: Worst Injury Out In The Field - Special Ops Paintball

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Worst Injury Out In The Field What happened to you.

#31 User is offline   JJaxx 

• Sneaky S.O.B.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:JJaxx

Posted 03 December 2006 - 06:12 AM

The worst thing that has happend to me was... twisting my knee. That was about it. Had a limp for a few weeks and it went away.
My Feedback!
Team Capt. of Shadow Force. "Fear the shadows"

#32 User is offline   SilentMarksman 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SilentMarksman

Posted 03 December 2006 - 06:22 AM

Bruised hips, sprained ankles, nothing too serious.

Oh yeah I forgot I took a hit from a really hot rental gun and it cut my elbow up, but w/e any hxc paintballer will keep playing with bleeding elbows.
:)

#33 Guest_TM SNPR_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 December 2006 - 07:12 AM

a bruise the size of a softball on my leg and a broken toe nail, that it about the extent of my injuries, not to bad.

#34 User is offline   ROMAD 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 03 December 2006 - 07:26 AM

Injuries are sadly part of our game. I had a very good friend fall off a rock onto another one. We thought he broke his spine and back. We were not at a park, we play deep in the New Hampshire woods. This man who was injuried is 6'6" and weighs over 300lbs. I was aware to move him was not a option. All of us combined could not carry him out. Thank God his injuries we not as bad as we orginally thought...and we did get him out of the woods slowly.

We now have changed how deep we go in the woods, so if we need to evac a injuried guy we can do so. We also make sure that when we play there is a LZ (landing Zone) to get a medivac chopper in if need be.

This post has been edited by ROMAD: 03 December 2006 - 07:27 AM

#35 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 03 December 2006 - 07:32 AM

The worst I've had are the normal bruises. Worst I've seen? A broken wrist.

I had been playing for about a year. One of the guys had talked a female friend of his into playing and she agreed.

We had all arrived at the field around 8:30 am (this was in Middle Sackville NS, or was it Upper Sackville?) and thankfully it was looking to be a really nice day. The field owner and refs ran us through the safety briefing, pointing out the need for masks, how the mechanical safety on the BE nightmares worked and the garbage can where you discharged your marker before turning the safety on and leavening the field.

The morning went great. We broke for lunch and swapped stories and listened to what the only female player had to say. Up to that point she was having a blast. We finished eating, remade the teams and hit the field again after a reminder of goggle safety, and field boundaries.

We were into our second game of the afternoon. it was limited to 30 minutes but the horn went off after 15. We all returned to the safe zone, most of us thinking the game was won. We were wrong.

It seems she had been under fire and dove for cover. Somehow she landed on her right wrist. It wasn't swollen and she said it didn't hurt. There was no bruising. Between her and the refs they had decided that it was a sprain. When asked if she wanted to go to the hospital, she said no and just wanted to sit out for a bit and hope that she'd be ok to play another game later.

We finished playing around 5pm and headed home. The next day I called my friend to see how his friend was doing. That's when I learned she had broken it.

Thankfully she accepted it as part of the game. The following year she returned to play again.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#36 User is offline   PliskinAJ 

• ^^ i got dirt on my face ^^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PliskinAJ

Posted 03 December 2006 - 07:59 AM

I was in dead sprint and i put my leg in a pot hole. Dislocated my knee and faceplanted in the ground. As i fell i tried to roll to protect my marker but the rear sight of my A5 just ripped a line across the back of my hand.

Then a newb lit me up as i was in a puddle of my own blood.

#37 Guest_Mitch likes Pumps_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 December 2006 - 08:17 AM

My worst injury? I tripped heading back the safe zone. I lost a ball or two. It didn't hurt.

-Mitch :ninja:

#38 User is offline   Commando7 

• Commando 1 Paintball
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2006 - 09:20 AM

A couple weeks ago I was at a full sprint through my woods trying to get far up the field and I tripped and landed on a bunch of really big rocks. It swelled up and was pretty big for about two weeks. It still was really bothering me two weeks after the swelling was basically gone so I went to a doctor. I'd bruised a bunch of stuff under the knee cap so I've been out of sports and everything for about a month and a half now. I'm just starting sports, gym, etc. slowly now. Wasn't fun, but not as bad as it could of been. Also have had plenty of the simple stuff like rolled ankles, cuts, scrapes, etc.

This post has been edited by $ARGE: 03 December 2006 - 09:23 AM

Pump User #90
Automaggot #121
Commando 1 Paintball Team
"If there was a fire in your house and the first thing you would grab would
be your paintball gear, put this in your sig."

#39 User is offline   The-Militia-Man 

• I have a bullet with a name on it!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Militia-Man

Posted 03 December 2006 - 10:58 AM

i dislocated my knee cap while playing once and if you want to see some thing sick look at them drain my legg of blood! http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gyey3o3lP9k

i dislocated my knee cap while playing once and if you want to see some thing sick look at them drain my legg of blood! http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gyey3o3lP9k
I got my sig removed because it broke a rule that never changed, I was so upset that I made up a story about how the rules changed, even though they didn't.

#40 User is offline   Hobs 

• Corporal Punishment Captain
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Hobs

Posted 03 December 2006 - 11:08 AM

Funny, as soon as I saw this thread, I know Chibbs would mention the cliff thing. (dont worry it not me who did this) Let me see If I can get some pictures of this up.

Attached File(s)

#41 User is offline   darkwolf0982 

• Nut of Real steal weapons and armies.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:darkwolf0982

Posted 03 December 2006 - 11:27 AM

View PostBlaze008, on Dec 3 2006, 12:15 AM, said:

Ran into a random tree acouple times, nothing worse then that.

im sorry but i got to crack on u for this,did u see the tree? lol
Metallica- one of the best bands ever. Hell yea.
Im very sneaky. I could be behind you right now and you turn around. Im not there. Why? Because i zapped infront of you,and you dont know it. Then you turn back and im right behind you again. I keep zapping so much you think your crazy. Then i tell you, i just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance to get the sneakyness i bought. Then were playing paintball and I WAS in front of you shooting you till i zapped in back of you to shoot you.

#42 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2006 - 02:40 PM

I was playing at my friends houde and was walking on this log to flank them. Then the log snaps and apparently it had thorns. Big ones! So I felt a sharp stinging pain in my calf. So I look back and see a 6 inch thorn about an inch into my leg. It went through my BDUs then my my combat boots and finally my leg.

#43 User is offline   Commando7 

• Commando 1 Paintball
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:06 PM

View Postdarkwolf0982, on Dec 3 2006, 01:27 PM, said:

View PostBlaze008, on Dec 3 2006, 12:15 AM, said:

Ran into a random tree acouple times, nothing worse then that.

im sorry but i got to crack on u for this,did u see the tree? lol

Speaking of which I was at Skirmish USA one time. It was the last game of the day and to use up the last of your paint, we were playing you weren't out until you couldn't take the pain any more. Our team was in the castle (not the Tippmann Castle, one of the smaller ones, the Dye Castle maybe?). Somebody threw a smoke grenade and this guy charged us, he got lit up, but kept running with his head down. He was at a dead sprint when he ran right into a tree. Everybody stopped shooting him, and we yelled down to him, hey you ok. He just kinda moans then says "Yea, I'm ok. I can't move my arms or legs, but I'll be ok." He got up after a couple minutes, but not one of the brighter moves I've ever seen.
Pump User #90
Automaggot #121
Commando 1 Paintball Team
"If there was a fire in your house and the first thing you would grab would
be your paintball gear, put this in your sig."

#44 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:07 PM

Luckily the worst thing that has happened to me so far is a few scratches from briars. So really, I've never been injured on the paintball field. Knock on wood.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#45 User is offline   drummerdude1234 

• "dude call PETA!"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Drummerdude1234

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:57 PM

one time my ghillie suit caught on fire..cuz some numbskull threw a HOT smoke gernade at me..im just glad the fire retardnt lasted long enough for me to get that thing off :D

Broadsword # 3 I like Moes!!!! Check Out My Band-Here!
if you've ever gotten shot in the crotch, put this in your sig! Drummers secret plan "Speical" member #11 Are you in a band?

Share this topic:

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users