Special Ops Paintball: Red Dot for Electro Guns - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Red Dot for Electro Guns Something to mount on the feedneck

Poll: Does this sound like a good idea? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you buy this if you have an e-gun?

1. Yes (17 votes [60.71%])

Percentage of vote: 60.71%

2. No (11 votes [39.29%])

Percentage of vote: 39.29%

Vote

#1 User is offline   Spyglass 

• Buttered Toast
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Spyglass

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:34 PM

I was thinking of how more and more nowadays, you see people in scenario games with electro guns and speedball-based markers rather than woodsball-oriented guns (as of recently, myself included.) However, we still get hit with pangs of jealousy in spite of our expensive guns when we see a tactical-style marker, and I know I wish that I could use a red dot sight on my Invert Mini. Then I noticed that there is a decent mounting area on the cam-lock feed neck of most of these guns. What it Spec Ops made a tightenable ring to go around the feed neck and had either R.I.S. or 3/8 dovetail rails on the side for mounting sight and scopes? There are plenty of products out there that allow you to put rail hardware on your barrel, but that's a little too far from my eye for my preference. If there was some easy, affordable way to attach a sight onto a tourney gun with, I would definitely get one for when I play woodsball and scenario. It would make a nice addition to the T2W stock, wouldn't you agree?

This post has been edited by Spyglass: 24 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

Spam is for sandwiches, not the forums!
Catholic Sniper: More pray, less spray
My Brigade Page
Captain of Team Leviathan
LAW launcher for sale, $75, PM me for details

#2 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:47 PM

While I must say it would look out of place on most, especially my ProMaster, I like the idea of being able to attach a Red dot on mid-level and high-end speedball themed markers, but only for Woodsball and Scenario games like you said.

#3 User is offline   lone star hobbo67 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lone star hobbo

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:03 PM

jp weld a small tac rail on the side of the gun
Imminent Threat,NJ, http://www.cousinspaintball.com/

#4 User is offline   HOUND1 

• VVVCheese Its!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AMRAAM11

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:13 PM

i've shot tourny guns from time to time, and the lack of a sight (or even a line of sight) is really something that bothers me. the hopper mounted sight is a good idea, but you would have to use a pretty low-profile sight so that it wouldn't tick out to far to the side.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   scubasteve186 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:02 PM

if your willing to spend about 50$ they have those armson solar powered sights that are made for center feed hoppers, i bought one before i got my A-5, it works really good, instead of closing one eye, you have to keep both eyes open, actually, ill sell mine for 20$ if anyone wants it, its got some spray paint on it and doesnt have the mounting hardware, but it works fine

#6 User is offline   bitboy12 

• Sniper Dagger Hybrid
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:D.I.Y.

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:12 PM

ya maybe Spec Ops can keep going with the T2W thing and make it into a series of items

#7 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:40 PM

No this is not a a good idea. You can just look down the barrel of your marker and hit what you're shooting at. A red dot is not necessary.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#8 User is offline   Old School Stu 

• I really need to spruce up my profile soon.
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:19 PM

I tried using a red dot on several guns, but I find it easier to just follow the ball paths fired from my gun.

If you still want some sort of aiming device, Brass Eagle sold an LED aiming device that mounts to centerfeed guns. The way it works was that it would produce an optical illusion that would make the two side by side LEDs seem to stray to the side the shooter is lined up with (right for lefties, left for righties) and make a "firing bracket". The problem with this interesting idea waould probably be tunnel vision. I saw one of these on eBay for $5.

Here it is. The BE EFPS.

Seems cool enough to at least try out for the cheap price. :unsure:

#9 User is offline   bitboy12 

• Sniper Dagger Hybrid
  • Pip

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:22 PM

have you yourself used it?

#10 User is offline   Sneaky Big Foot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:56 PM

I agree that would be a great addition to the T2W sounds good to me. Is it necessary that is another question :ninja: .
hybrid player speedball+woodsball its sweet
Cna you raed tihs? piatnblal, sarmt prats, tpipmnan, sohoter ION owner #65

#11 User is offline   Old School Stu 

• I really need to spruce up my profile soon.
  • PipPip

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:36 AM

View Postbitboy12, on Apr 7 2009, 09:22 PM, said:

have you yourself used it?

No. None of the guns I own has a center feed. According to PBreview, though, it does its job, but it is very unnecessary and will give you tunnel vision.

BTW, here is an EFPS NIB on eBay

This post has been edited by Old School Stu: 11 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

#12 User is offline   bitboy12 

• Sniper Dagger Hybrid
  • Pip

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:34 PM

You could always do this- [post="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=87043"]How to side mount a scope on a vertical fed marker[/post]
I havent tried it yet though

#13 User is offline   TheLeftHandofGod 

• If you die we're splitin up your gear
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Left Hand of God

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

brass eagle make a cheap sight that goes on the feedneck but it is not a red dot

Shocker Owner #2
PROTECT THIS HOUSE

#14 User is offline   skanzlemar 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Sporelock

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

This is a decent idea for anyone who likes sights in paintball (personally i don't), however the biggest problem will be creating an extremely tight clamp on that feedneck. If the sight is able to jostle even the littlest bit, your trajectory will be way off, especially when you are shooting 100+ ft. The only time i've ever liked a sight was to place the FIRST shot right on a target that was at LEAST under 30-40 feet away, so maybe you could do it for a distance like that? Long range tho...just shoot and adjust, its the very close shots that people are going to react quickly to, which is why first shot hit or a second shot quickly placed after the first hitting your target.

#15 User is offline   callsignmars 

• ANAMAL RUSH IMMINENT
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ANAMAL

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:50 AM

well, you might be able to come up with a clamp-on iron sight on the feedneck, maybe with a front/rear sight somewhere? you could probably do something cool with beretta-style night sights.

of course a better idea would be to come up with a barrel mounted rail that can be rotated from right to left based on which hand you're shooting with at the time. there'd have to be some kind of notch or lock to hold it in position, but theoretically it should stay sighted so long as its attached to the barrel in a linear position no matter where you rotate it. i'll see if i can't sketch up something and attach it to this when i get the chance.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users