TPX Modding Mods for the tpx

#1 User is offline   FIFTY CAL 

• 1 shot... 1 miss... OH **** RUN
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:FIFTY CAL

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:10 AM

What can be done to the TPX?

I'm pretty interested in turning a TPX into a low profile sniper for ambush sniping.

I would really like to know if you can put a stock on it.

BTW.... I'm not very skilled at doing major modifications.... i.e. milling, dremel, things like that
|Posted Image
I reject your reality and substitute my own

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:30 AM

Because the grip houses the paint you can't attach a stock to the bottom. The back of the marker doesn't have a stock mount. It looks like you'd have to custom build a stock to slide over the entire grip.

Can you attach rails to the top? Maybe modify a stock to attach to the rail?
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   Firemage 

• Otaku
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Firemage

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:00 PM

I have an idea where you use longer top bolts to attach a extra top rail and include a adaptor to the back that could take an A5 stock or the like, i'm thinking about making one with my father (a professional metalworker)
-Gabe, Rpger, Otaku, Detroiter
From the shadow of the Glass Palace
"Speramus meliora; resurget cineribus"
"We hope for better days; it shall rise from its ashes"
A motto to live by.

#4 User is offline   FIFTY CAL 

• 1 shot... 1 miss... OH **** RUN
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:FIFTY CAL

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:07 PM

Puzuma, on Nov 18 2009, 11:30 AM, said:

Because the grip houses the paint you can't attach a stock to the bottom. The back of the marker doesn't have a stock mount. It looks like you'd have to custom build a stock to slide over the entire grip.

Can you attach rails to the top? Maybe modify a stock to attach to the rail?

Yeah... It would require some drilling... but I'm very nervous to start putting holes or cutting a marker... I dont want to be out $220

you know what i mean? lol
|Posted Image
I reject your reality and substitute my own

#5 User is offline   _MaC_ 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:01 PM

Not for the TPX but the concept is what I wanna show

Glock Carbine Conversion

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Another one...

From CAA Tactical for Glock pistols too...conversion kit Pistol-Assault Rifle RONI G1

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:35 PM

Why in the world would anyone want to cary a carbine sized weapon that fires pistol sized rounds? Looks really cool though.
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Wh0pp3r 

• Squad Marksman
  • PipPip

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:18 PM

Sub-machine guns. Correct me if I'm wrong but SMGs are essentially carbine sized weapons firing pistol ammunition.

This post has been edited by Wh0pp3r: 04 December 2009 - 02:21 PM

-Vinny
T9 Longbow

#8 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:25 PM

It looks like the FMG9. Does it fold too?
Posted Image
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#9 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:07 PM

Wh0pp3r, on Dec 4 2009, 02:18 PM, said:

Sub-machine guns. Correct me if I'm wrong but SMGs are essentially carbine sized weapons firing pistol ammunition.

Yes, but they get the advantage of a higher ROF. All those pistol conversion kits are stupid, it's just strapping a load of expensive and heavy junk on a pistol. You want a shoulderable weapon that fires a small round? Buy a carbine. It's probably less then the pistol or the attachments, let alone both.

Anyways, to the OP: The TPX is a poor basis for a rifle-type conversion, not without creating a whole new clamshell. There's no extra material to attach a stock or anything to do, about the only way would be to expoxie some sort of mount on the back.

If you want something that's mag-fed and stocked, buy a Tac-9. It's better then the TPX in every way.

#10 User is offline   WrathOfTheGods 

• WrathOfTheGods
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:WrathOfTheGods

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:24 AM

Marauder, some people like being able to convert their pistols into a carbine, nothing wrong with that. And also with glocks you can make them full auto with the correct trigger group and a $200 tax stamp. Just like paintball or any other hobby, it all just depends on how much you wanna spend.

OP: As I just said it just depends on how much you wanna spend, and how badly you want your project to be based on a TPX. Where you said you don't have major mod skills, than maybe it would be easier picking up something else to work on till you get comfortable doing major mods.

#11 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:27 AM

Wh0pp3r, on Dec 4 2009, 03:18 PM, said:

Ok, I'll correct you. SMG's are typically MUCH smaller than carbines often featuring folding or fully colapseable stocks or not having a stock at all. Thwy are also typically bigger than pistols even though they fire pistol ammunition. That being said why would anyone want something smaller than a carbine but bigger than a handgun but that fires pistol rounds?

The answer is the extrememly high rate of fire provided by smg's. It's a trade off:

If you use an smg in place of a pistol you lose the ultra light ultra compact design of a pistol but you gain an exremely high rate of fire, increased magazine capacity, and slightly better range and accuracy.

Or if you use an smg in place of a carbine you lose the increased range and accuracy of a carbine, and the increased stopping and penetrating power of riffle ammunition but you gain a still higher rate of fire and a lighter more compact weapon design.

See? Either way you gain just as much as you lose if not more, but with this whole pitol with a carbine body attached to it design:

You LOSE the range, stopping power, penetrating power, and acuracy of a carbine
You LOSE the increased magazine capacity, AND rate of fire of an smg...

and all you gain is a little bit more range and accuracy.

IT's basically a bigger heavier smg with no automatic firemode and a really small magazine, and seeing as how the hole point of an smg is that it's smaller than a carbine with a higher rate of fire and more ammo than a pistol, the whole idea of a carbine sized pistol seems pretty useless.
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:44 AM

Aw man. I wrote all that only to find that Marauder beat me to it!

Oh well. BTW Marauder, most carbines fire full sized riffle ammo. Also I doubt anyone could find any pistol that's more expensive than any carbine. Unless it's a really cheap sweatshop produced chinese carbine and a REALLY high end pistol, in which case: no fair. Now carbine cheaper than the pistol AND the kit... he's probably right about that.

Also I don't think anyone said there's anything wrong with convertine pistols to carbines, just that there isn't anything particularly usefull about it... and there's not. And yeah some gocks can be made automatic... but you still wouldn't have that big ol' "banana clip".

Furthermore. No that kit doesn't fold up like the fmg. The grip has to fold too. The FMG on the other hand... awesome idea, an smg that folds up and fits in your pocket! Now if all pistols were automatic and those kits could fold up like that... then the whole kit thing would have my blessing...

Oh one other benefit of the kit things, you'd be able to share magazines between your sidearm and your primary, which might come in handy in some zany improbable but still possible situations that I don't care to spend my time thinking up right now... still not worth it though...

Edit: One Last Thing

Sombody needs to rock a T9 in the carbine set up with extended mags as a primary and a T9 Pistol with standard mags as a side arm, cause that would be sick! I'd do it myself but I don't have the mulah$$$

This post has been edited by Shipwreck!: 10 December 2009 - 01:58 PM

A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:41 PM

Wha if something like this was used? or does itnot accomplish quite what you want?
Posted Image
attaches to the tpx and doesnt alterthe actual marke in anyway otherthan that you attached it.
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users