Special Ops Paintball: The New Blackcell Line - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The New Blackcell Line Some items that we may want. Rate Topic: -----

Poll: What Vest/ Rig idea would you like? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

What Vest/ Rig style do you like?

1. Idea 1 (6 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. Voted Idea 2 (10 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Idea 3 (4 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   alanch90 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:27 AM

View Postger, on 05 October 2010 - 02:45 PM, said:

I get the point. Bigboss is just asking SO to produce items that are readily available. What I didn't point out in my initial post is the fact that those items are also available from quality American manufacturers as well as the cheap chicom knockoffs. What Special Ops does is produce amazing, unique, quality items for paintball players. Their designs are by paintball players for paintball players (right?) & they are specific to paintball which is what makes them special - you won't find a knockoff Dagger X vest available for $29.95 including free shipping from Korea.

"Why would anyone buy those lower quality chinese crap pieces?" Simple, money talks. Many paintball players don't mind buying cheap then replacing that item w/ more cheap ones three times over before hitting the price point of quality gear.

I'm not saying the idea is bad, just that it isn't likely profitable for SO to keep an inventory of these designs.

Case in point: a few years ago, a former SO soft goods designer developed a plate carrier called the Scorpion Prototype. It's featured on the main page for Blackcell as a matter of fact: LINK. The reason it never made it into production was because it was cost prohibitive - the time/material required for each vest would've driven the retail price too high. Lucky for me I managed to snag it a couple years ago during one of their famous SO Soft Good Sales they used to put on in the BST's here on the forums. I love the thing & have used it ever since. LINK to the page in the Player Gallery w/ pics of the vest.

I appreciate the discussion - just that SO does a great job of designing one-of-a-kind paintball soft goods, not rehashes of items that are already out there. Again, if someone wants design number three w/ custom Interlock panels on the back or other custom work, then SO would be happy to do the work.

EDIT: link to pics added

hey ger, could u please post some more pics of that vest of yours?

#17 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:20 PM

I just see all the cool stuff that the troops and Special Operations units are using and I just think that SO can make it tailored to our needs as players. I still love my Operative vest yet, I would also like something that is more low profile and still allow the use of all the stuff I have on my Operative vest.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#18 User is offline   lonewolf1000 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:34 PM

i dont like any of the vests, but i like the MOLLE back idea, i wish they had a forge vest MOLLE back
Officially Recognized Sniper #7

#19 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:44 PM

View Postlonewolf1000, on 28 November 2010 - 07:34 PM, said:

i dont like any of the vests, but i like the MOLLE back idea, i wish they had a forge vest MOLLE back

They do:

http://shop.specialo...molle-back.html

Though I've noticed recently a few things are NOT in the store anymore...ie. the stock class stuff :( glad I got some when I did...! Though I could probably custom order.

#20 User is offline   voodoo 

• Black Ops Apocalypse Rogue Squad (B.O.A.R.S)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Voodoo

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:40 AM

How about a specialized vest for tank hunters/bunker busters? Something very light weight, attachment points (Molle and sling) with pouches designed for J69 and nerf rockets. With molle tank pouch for front or back attachment. Designed with mobility in mind.

Regards,
Posted Image
~XTREME REIGN~B.O.A.R.S

#21 Guest_customer_service1_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:50 AM

Hey guys,

Ken from Spec Ops. We are re doing the whole site as you can see. Everything will be back on the site in time. We will support all of our old gear but it will be custom only. We have 2 New Vest Systems coming out which we will have a full line of attachments and such all designed around the new vests. Actually they are working on the prototypes now in R&D.

Operative vest. I do like it. We dont have a sample here though if you would be willing to share for a week if i pay shipping.

ken

#22 User is offline   voodoo 

• Black Ops Apocalypse Rogue Squad (B.O.A.R.S)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Voodoo

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:27 PM

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

How quickly can you put together a heavy back forger in specops digi? I want to purchase the front portion from your clearance section, in specops digi.

Thanks!

This post has been edited by voodoo: 01 September 2011 - 12:30 PM

Posted Image
~XTREME REIGN~B.O.A.R.S

#23 Guest_NAS-Ken_*

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:11 PM

i think i have the Forge Heavy Back in SO Digi. i think its the new version with the fully enclosed pods and new removable elastic belt system.

I will check in the morning and let you know. If not like 2 days and we could have one shipped.

Ken

View Postvoodoo, on 01 September 2011 - 02:27 PM, said:

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

How quickly can you put together a heavy back forger in specops digi? I want to purchase the front portion from your clearance section, in specops digi.

Thanks!

#24 Guest_SOP-Ken_*

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:44 AM

Yep. We have one of the full encloses pod style forge heavy backs in SO Digi in stock. http://www.specialop...heavy-back.html

Ken

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users