• You cannot reply to this topic

Speedball Q-Loader? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mike7822 

• Aloha!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MIKE7822

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:32 AM

I have an Ion and play speedball, how easy would it be to play speedball with a q-loader?
I don't like how there is only 100 rounds in it but how does that affect you when you play speedball?
Also, what is the maintenance like on the q loader system?
03 Prostock Pump ♦ 08 Ego

#2 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:West Staines Massive

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:37 AM

I've seen plenty of people play with a q-loader. I have to. The rounds aren't a big deal for me, although i'm used to playing with a 10 rnd stick feed.

Some people have huge issues with maintnence. Everyone either hates it or loves it, i've never met an in between.

You might try a warp feed.

This post has been edited by Tu_Padre: 15 June 2008 - 08:38 AM

Group:banned #16 Feedback: SpecOps +14/-0 MCB: +2/-0

#3 User is offline   mike7822 

• Aloha!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:42 AM

i would try a warp feed but since you have to put it on one side then when you switch hands there is alot bigger target sticking out of the side of your marker. I like the Q-loader because i would just put it under the barrel which would be a smaller target. Also, if i buy the 500 round system what else do i need to buy for it to mount on my marker? I have no External upgrades on my Ion so far. How easy is it to change pods in game? Thanks

This post has been edited by mike7822: 15 June 2008 - 08:42 AM

#4 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:46 AM

View Postmike7822, on Jun 15 2008, 11:42 AM, said:

i would try a warp feed but since you have to put it on one side then when you switch hands there is alot bigger target sticking out of the side of your marker. I like the Q-loader because i would just put it under the barrel which would be a smaller target. Also, if i buy the 500 round system what else do i need to buy for it to mount on my marker? I have no External upgrades on my Ion so far. How easy is it to change pods in game? Thanks

I can't really see it being any smaller of a target or making any difference, since your mask will be above your marker anyways. Just tilt your hopper into the bunker as best you can.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#5 User is offline   mike7822 

• Aloha!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:46 AM

what is the maintenance on the Q-loader?

#6 User is offline   euglow54 

• Bring it...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:euglow54

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:49 PM

I don't like the idea. The reason for the q-loader (IMO) is to reduce the profile of the marker. In speedball, you lean your hopper into the bunker. The q, whether mounted on the side or underneath, make you a bigger target. Add to that the limited storage per pod and the expense, and the fact that most electronic hoppers can keep up with a quick finger makes it a poor choice.
IPB Image
Kill by Necessity, Capture by Design
"Well, euglow54 might be the exact reason to keep the full head gear... " -Armory

#7 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:12 PM

I had a Q-loader and will never own one again. They were a pain to load, if a ball breaks in the pod, that pod is done until you can take the time to break it down, clean it and let it dry. It was too much work and not a lot of result.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#8 User is offline   Mitch Force 

• [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2008 - 10:36 PM

Just try breakshooting with one, then you'll hate it when you make your back bunker and have to switch pods out. Plus you have to worry about your $25 pods.

#9 User is offline   B-boo 

• Behold the Proteus.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:B-Boo

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:34 AM

View Postmike7822, on Jun 15 2008, 01:46 PM, said:

what is the maintenance on the Q-loader?

I used to have trouble with my Q-loader all the time. the maintenance is mainly getting the length of the tube just right because if you don't it becomes a literall "paint blender" I almost gave up mounting it on my 98C until I found an awesome way to mount it from open sights LLC on these forums! there are a lot of people who use it but the biggest danger is the tube coming out on accident when you are getting hit or changing Q pods. I love my Q-loader now and only have the occasional mess ups but they are my fault not the equipments.
Attached File  pic3.JPG (38.21K)
Number of downloads: 30
but like the other guys said i would not try it for speedball, I think it would offset the balance of you marker and with the compact design of most speedball markers today, it would be cumbersome and I think it might get in the way. there are better loaders for speedball

This post has been edited by B-boo: 06 October 2008 - 11:36 AM

"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, others achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."- William Shakespeare

PTI Certified Basic Airsmith #2773 : UE Paintball Club Member

#10 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:20 AM

View Postmike7822, on Jun 15 2008, 11:42 AM, said:

The point of the warp feed is so you dont have to switch hands. It can easily go left or right without switching hands. I had the warp feed on my Tac-One and it was sooo much easier to shoot on both sides of the bunker without trying to concentrate enough to switch hands. Its a very nice setup.

#11 User is offline   Kheph 

• Mackenzie's Dad
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kheph

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:25 AM

I played some speedball with mine this weekend.......I did just fine with it....

The Bad: lower capacity means changing pods frequently....I usually went through 2-3 pods per rounds....I carried 5 on me...so you had to take time to switch pods and hope no one rushed you while doing so. Lower capacity also meant that I could only get 2-3 rounds in before going back and reloading my pods....I will solve this by purchasing more pods.

The Good: I liked that I could at times lay on my side and peek out around a bunker real low with my marker almost completely upside down and pick guys off.....it really gave me some really unique shots..I really like the unobstructed view down the barrel and I don't have a hopper on top showing where I'm going to pop my head up IF I decide to shoot over the top of an obstacle...I've only ever had one ball break inside my Q and yes it sucked but it was my fault because I loaded the pod and had the tube already full of balls (was trying to increase starting capacity).....

Qloaders can be a hassle but you find little tricks to make life easier......for instance....to load...definitely get some type of agitated hopper......make a stand to place it on so you don't have to hold it while loading your pods.. I'm going to mod the hopper so it can hold More than enough paint to load all my pods at one time. Make sure that you have O-rings on your tubes so they don't pop out of your feed neck or the mounting socket....I reinforce mine with electric tape because I have a retarded feed neck and the tube popped out once....Keep your pods clean....learn how to adjust the springs for peak efficiency.

Like everyone says....You either love them or hate them.....I'm a woodsball player mainly...and I really like mine.

Kheph
Khephren
QLoader-Midwest Player Rep.

Proud to be a Christian!!!

#12 User is offline   MeDiC434 

• MeŠiC
  • PipPip

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:25 AM

If you can't honestly completely break down your Ion and put it back together, don't bother with the QLoader. You have to be mechanically inclined to understand the QLoader. People that gripe about it just simply don't understand it. I get the occasional "oh you have a qloader? I had one but the thing sucked and broke balls all the time." If set up correctly, the QLoader rocks. But for speed ball?? That's your call. If you do get it, get the Ion mod kit. The hose mounting will be tighter.

#13 User is offline   B-boo 

• Behold the Proteus.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:B-Boo

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:36 AM

going along with the whole hose problem, on my 98C every time i twist a pod into the socket, the socket moves and then sometimes the tube comes out and paint goes everywhere! I love the Q-loader, and yes I have the socket tightened to the mount as tight as I can get it. are there any suggestions to stop this from happeneing? the pic in my post a few back is of my setup.
"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, others achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."- William Shakespeare

PTI Certified Basic Airsmith #2773 : UE Paintball Club Member

#14 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:59 AM

View PostKheph, on Oct 7 2008, 09:25 AM, said:

I played some speedball with mine this weekend.......I did just fine with it....

The Bad: lower capacity means changing pods frequently....I usually went through 2-3 pods per rounds....I carried 5 on me...so you had to take time to switch pods and hope no one rushed you while doing so. Lower capacity also meant that I could only get 2-3 rounds in before going back and reloading my pods....I will solve this by purchasing more pods.

The Good: I liked that I could at times lay on my side and peek out around a bunker real low with my marker almost completely upside down and pick guys off.....it really gave me some really unique shots..I really like the unobstructed view down the barrel and I don't have a hopper on top showing where I'm going to pop my head up IF I decide to shoot over the top of an obstacle...I've only ever had one ball break inside my Q and yes it sucked but it was my fault because I loaded the pod and had the tube already full of balls (was trying to increase starting capacity).....

Qloaders can be a hassle but you find little tricks to make life easier......for instance....to load...definitely get some type of agitated hopper......make a stand to place it on so you don't have to hold it while loading your pods.. I'm going to mod the hopper so it can hold More than enough paint to load all my pods at one time. Make sure that you have O-rings on your tubes so they don't pop out of your feed neck or the mounting socket....I reinforce mine with electric tape because I have a retarded feed neck and the tube popped out once....Keep your pods clean....learn how to adjust the springs for peak efficiency.

Like everyone says....You either love them or hate them.....I'm a woodsball player mainly...and I really like mine.

Kheph

Not so, loading your hose is what your supposed to do. It might have just been a bad ball or you had to many twists in your spring causing too much tension. Thats what happened to me. I pre-loaded the hose and stuck a full pod in..well the first ball in the pod broke when it smashed up against the first ball in the hose. I took 3 twists off the spring and it worked fine.

This post has been edited by Enhander: 07 October 2008 - 08:03 AM

#15 User is offline   Kheph 

• Mackenzie's Dad
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kheph

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:34 PM

Not so, loading your hose is what your supposed to do. It might have just been a bad ball or you had to many twists in your spring causing too much tension. Thats what happened to me. I pre-loaded the hose and stuck a full pod in..well the first ball in the pod broke when it smashed up against the first ball in the hose. I took 3 twists off the spring and it worked fine.
[/quote]

Hmmm...well, I'll give it another try....I've got to number my pods...I have one pod that the spring tension is off a little and doesn't feed all the balls....and another that I think is a little too strong....but I'm getting real close to them all working perfectly... but that's good to know that you can preload the hose and not squish em..
Khephren
QLoader-Midwest Player Rep.

Proud to be a Christian!!!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users