• You cannot reply to this topic

magazines? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   crazy chris 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:wallieburger

Posted 28 April 2007 - 02:37 PM

My friend asked me a very good question, "what do magazines do on a paintball gun?" now I said I have no clue, is it just an empty case, does it hold paint, air...ect. and what I mean by magazines is like the ones you put on the new X7 from tippman, thx

#2 User is offline   RifleSwampy 

• Formerly Rifleman164
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Swamp Fox 7

Posted 28 April 2007 - 02:40 PM

The mags on the X-7 have a small tool kit with wrenches and lube inside, but other than that, just for looks.

#3 User is offline   xkpxfattyxx 

• Say WHAT?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2007 - 02:43 PM

some markers have working functional mags. and some are for looks. and others are small tool kit

#4 User is offline   D.E.A.D. EYE 

• Bow Chicka Bow Wow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gunner99

Posted 28 April 2007 - 02:44 PM

Click the link in my sig and look for the T68
Digitally Dangerous

#5 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2007 - 02:46 PM

You can put a reg or x chamber in there, you can hold tools and if its large enough paint,some think it helps them balance there gun better then a bipod,and some say it looks cool.

#6 User is offline   SPEDcial Forces 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:11 PM

View PostGwac, on Apr 28 2007, 02:46 PM, said:

You can put a reg or x chamber in there, you can hold tools and if its large enough paint,some think it helps them balance there gun better then a bipod,and some say it looks cool.

Regs and expansion chambers have to be circular...hate to burst your bubble. Bipods universally suck. They'te prettymuch for looks, or tool storage in outlaw games.

Only Rap-4s and such use in paint mags that look like real gun mags. Some paintball guns like the longbow or various pistols have mags which are basically tubes full of paintballs with a spring. You could make a reular paintball gun except pistol and longbow mags with a bit of ingenuity though.
"A bad day of paintball is one where I never get hit. If I don't look like I got date-raped by an octopus by the end of the day, thats a bad thing."

So you want to know why it's called an A5?

If I could assemble a new regulator for a paintball gun, I could build a liver. How hard could it be?

Automaggot #79

I'll bet you $10 the above post is telling you to buy an automag.

#7 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:18 PM

ATS and T68Gen5 guns are .68 and use the mag to feed paint. The RAP5 and RAP4 are .40 or .43 and are magfed paint as well.
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#8 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:44 PM

View PostSPEDcial Forces, on Apr 28 2007, 03:11 PM, said:

Regs and expansion chambers have to be circular...hate to burst your bubble. Bipods universally suck. They'te prettymuch for looks, or tool storage in outlaw games.

Only Rap-4s and such use in paint mags that look like real gun mags. Some paintball guns like the longbow or various pistols have mags which are basically tubes full of paintballs with a spring. You could make a reular paintball gun except pistol and longbow mags with a bit of ingenuity though.

Um, when i said some people i was reffering to preference. This guy is an opsgear fan boy(HE has a scimitar in his car), and said that. Maybe he is lieing so he doesnt look dumb maybe he isnt. Hate to burst your bubble but it has been done, you can look on alot of sites, they basicaly got a realy wide mag and put an x chamber in it. Also regs can be thin(aka sidewinder,cp,gladiator,ect).

This post has been edited by Gwac: 28 April 2007 - 03:57 PM

#9 User is offline   Badmintoner 

• Peace!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:48 PM

View PostGwac, on Apr 28 2007, 05:44 PM, said:

View PostSPEDcial Forces, on Apr 28 2007, 03:11 PM, said:

Um, when i said some people i was reffering to preference. This guy is an opsgear fan boy(HE has a scimitar in his car), and said that. Maybe he is lieing so he doesnt look dumb maybe he isnt. Hate to burst your bubble but it has been done, you can look on alot of sites, they basicaly got a realy wide mag and put an x chamber in it. Also regs can be thing(aka sidewinder,cp,gladiator,ect).

Exactly. The magazine doesn't have to be the shape of the x-chamber/reg (oh, shock!).

But as people have said- looks, feeding paintballs (like RAP markers), holding tools and crap that aren't allowed on the field, holding regulators and expansion chambers, or custom modified to do whatever. Quite a few, though, are just for looks, or being used as foregrips.

#10 Guest_Jester3_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:55 PM

It adds +25 Hit Points. :D

#11 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• If I cant dance, I dont want to be apart of your revolution.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:french t0ast

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:07 PM

View PostJester3, on Apr 28 2007, 07:55 PM, said:

It adds +25 Hit Points. :rolleyes:

But not when I have on my level 10 grill.

This post has been edited by french t0ast: 28 April 2007 - 06:07 PM

<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Representing the Hate five oh! (850-Ska-core)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/thespanx" target="_blank">The Spanx (Our folk/indie band)</a></div>
<div align="center"></div>

#12 User is offline   P 1 IVI P 1 N G 

• Team Stealth Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:P 1 IVI P 1 N G

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:41 PM

Many paintball magazines act as an expansion chamber or a remote line adapter. Some, like the stock X7 magazine, hold tools, others are functioning magazines, and still others are just for looks. It really depends on what magazine we're talking about.
Every time somebody shoots at someone who isn't wearing a mask, someone drowns a sack of puppies.
Every time somebody purposely overshoots someone, a dolphin is harpooned and eaten alive.
Every time somebody wipes, a family of bunnies gets run over by a Steamroller. That's why they have to reproduce so fast. Theoretically, that's how dinosaurs became extinct.

Team Stealth Official Site---HEMOG

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users