• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sniper 2 use and wear concerns Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   runway227 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:50 AM

I am purchasing a sniper 2 off of this guy on MCB. It is an older gun, made in 1999. He has assured me that it is in perfect working order and from what ive seen it looks amazing. But I am concerned that since it is an older gun I am sure it's been around, and all of the thousands of rounds of paint that have been through it may have worn the internals. If anyone has any insight into the world of autocker wear and tear, that would be just terrific.

thanks,
runway227

#2 User is offline   Side-Swipe 

• Born in the USSR, I have no country to call my own
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Side-Swipe

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:35 AM

I mean as long as it doesnt have a Tungsten hammer, the body is fine. Autocockers hold up fine, the most wear and tear you will see is in the anno on the body caused by the backblock moving. Or if it has a metal frame not the composite common to that time, it will have some wear on the trigger frame from the time it was a semi. Those are the only places the parts really rub on each other.

#3 User is offline   Spud01 

• Pump-Ninja
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:14 AM

View PostSide-Swipe, on Jan 29 2009, 02:35 AM, said:

I mean as long as it doesnt have a Tungsten hammer, the body is fine. Autocockers hold up fine, the most wear and tear you will see is in the anno on the body caused by the backblock moving. Or if it has a metal frame not the composite common to that time, it will have some wear on the trigger frame from the time it was a semi. Those are the only places the parts really rub on each other.

Side-Swipe is right. As long as it is properly maintained autocockers will perform fine for many years.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users