• You cannot reply to this topic

Need a versatile Phantom For woodsball and speedball Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   HYPER14 

• I'm stuck at 367 posts...
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:HYPER14

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:01 PM

I've been wanting to buy a phantom since i played with my friend's and it has to be good for Woodsball and Speedball, but i want it to be totally stock class.
Any suggestions? Like what barrels to buy or stocks?
Also another quick questions, What's the webist that's pretty much devoted to phantoms and if you buy one you can pick crazy colors and stuff?

#2 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KWEIMATHA

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:05 PM

A Phantom will do you just fine in either speedball vs woodsball. As for a website try either CCI or Wevo. Stocks are a matter of personal preference. I can't shoot accurately without one, but others on here can'ts stand them.
Aloha, doug
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer.

#3 User is offline   left handed 

• Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:left handed

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:20 PM

Phantom barrel = best stock barrel on the market IMO
Stock = anything you can get your hands on/is comfortable for you

And, doug got it with Wevo and CCI.
Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)

Feedback!

#4 User is offline   CON*RAD 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CON*RAD

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:21 PM

I dont have a phantom yet but I may be able to let you in on some info (getting mine next week).

First barrel size- I hear that a 14in barrel feels almost to long on a phantom. I am ordering a 6in and 14in so i can decide later, what barrel will fit my setup or style best.

Stocks- Its all comfort, I am not ordering one because its pricy and im not sure i will like having a stock that dosn't fold forward when i need it out of the way.

site- Im getting all my gear from wevo, paintball godz, here, and sweet grips from stingerpaintballdesigns.

Its going to be sweet, I also plain to go both speedball and woodsball. My price wont be up to high either, I'm looking at $445.98. which is great for me because i was going to get a g3 and my overall price would have been 800 something for everything( tank, barrel, hopper, clothes, and so on).
AGD- "because quality always shoots straight"

pump player

SOUP

#5 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:West Staines Massive

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:23 PM

wevo. Mike (cci in a single person) is also great to deal with, he can even add custom anno rather than just the "stock" annos normally available.

You could also look here.

Group:banned #16 Feedback: SpecOps +14/-0 MCB: +2/-0

#6 User is offline   left handed 

• Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:29 PM

If I were you, I would get a "brass ano". Looks freaking sick. :wacko:
Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)

Feedback!

#7 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:West Staines Massive

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:36 PM

Brass ano? I gotta see this. Pic?

Group:banned #16 Feedback: SpecOps +14/-0 MCB: +2/-0

#8 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KWEIMATHA

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:43 PM

On the subject of stocks, some people really like them, some don't. I know a couple of people that have started to play here locally that have found that since they are used to using their tanks as stocks with their usual markers (semi/electric) that when they tried to play without the stock, they couldn't hold it steady or shoot accurately. That's the case with me. Too much time with real weapons (11+ years in the Army) and too used to using the tank as stock. I love my L-stock. My wife prefers her T-stock.
Aloha, Doug
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer.

#9 User is offline   left handed 

• Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:44 PM

It's somewhere on the Voided Warranty section of PbN.

Feedback!

#10 User is offline   Weber 

• made of 100% recycled electrons!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:GORGOR

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:59 PM

stocks- not a big fan of either T or L stocks, but i would recomend getting an ACI Turret Stock, it lets you put 5 12grams into the stock with a revoler like system and just rotate it when you need a new one, but your going to have a hard time finding one but mcb has been letting a few go latly (took me atleast a year and a half to find one)

barrel- i would say just stick with the one they give you dont order a 14inch one and i would only recomend getting a smaller one if your going to get a micro pump kit or getting a duckslide.

but phantoms are extremly versatile markers they arent heavy and arent huge but yet still delievers on accuracy, which makes it both good for the woods and the airball and everything inbetwen.

Boulder & Chicken?

#11 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:10 PM

Yea - Turret stocks are about as hard to find as AGD 6-Paks. They're awesome if you do get one though.

In my opinion the stock barrel is about as good as it gets. I personally like the 11''. They're all just about as accurate as one another. Below 8'' and you might notice a drop in efficiency when using 12 grams. It's just a matter of finding something you're comfortable with. After market barrels are alright if you have something specific you're going after - double ported Palmer's barrels are very quiet, and you can get Lapco barrels in smaller bore sizes. I wouldn't consider them to be a real improvement over the stock barrel though.

I personally like L-Stocks. They aren't adjustable like T-Stocks but I find them to be more comfortable. Instead of tucking and pushing them against your shoulder like a standard stock it just kind of rests there. If you plan on laying on the ground it's doesn't get in the way as much.

Ordering by calling Mike at CCI is in my opinion the best. You get to talk to the man making them himself and tell him exactly what you want - it's like a restaurant where you don't have to order off the menu. Wevo will get you the same thing at possibly a slight discount. Bulldog Paintball has the cheapest prices, but you don't really get the same options. It's good if you're looking for standard configurations in silver or black.

And when you order - get a set of detent rings! They prevent roll outs. They really should come standard with marker orders.

Phantoms are great markers - made before the days where people divided paintball into Woodsball and Speedball. It's just a good all around marker that will serve you well in any situation.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#12 User is offline   Agnoeo 

• The lunatics are in my head
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:59 PM

View Postleft handed, on Jul 20 2008, 09:29 PM, said:

If I were you, I would get a "brass ano". Looks freaking sick. :rolleyes:

Where's the brass ano pic?
III - One Ball, One Shot, One Kill South East Brigade Patches Coming Soon! Special Ops Pump Crew
So if a pilot scratches his multi million dollar F22, does that raise his auto insurance rates?? -Legato

#13 User is offline   Lothaen 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:11 AM

Are you really wanting a stock class phantom? Like really really wanting to play stock class?

I find that an open setup has much more versatility (of course).

I find that the stock barrel is okay if your paint doesn't roll out. Even with ring detents, a poor paint to bore match sends my paint all over the place.

I purchased a palmers brass barrel single porting in .685 and I have stuffed some god awful big paint down it and it shoots fine. Accurate even. Plus it is a quiet barrel. Always a plus.

#14 User is offline   Pyrate Jim 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:06 PM

I've used a Phantom in both woods and tourney/speedball.

For woods, I prefer a VSC with a JCS folding stock and 18" CCI Ceramic barrel.
For tourney I find that to be too long to tuck in, and short on air/paint. (but still suitable for rec games on a speedball court)
So for tourney I throw on the DF body, remove the stock and vert 12g changer, swap to a Dye 9" Boomstick barrel and run air on a remote.

It's wonderful to have a marker so versatile.
CT co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6

#15 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:56 PM

Well, your best speedball setup, if you are playing with semis, is going to be Vertical air, with a 3.5oz CO2, centerfeed breech and a 50-100 round hopper. That way, you wont have to worry about reloading. A 3.5oz will give you more than 200 shots, which is hard to shoot that much with a pump in one game. A small hopper could be reloaded with 50 round pods and a PBMafia 5/fifty pack. Get an 11 inch barrel.

The gun will be compact and have more than enough ammo per load.

You could also add a stock if you want, it's really just preference. It will make it longer, but in my opinion, it is easier to pump with it against you shoulder.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users