• You cannot reply to this topic

Ask a Sniper Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Radar 

• SKum Dog
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Recon-Radar

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:36 PM

In Vegas we have developed a newer form of mobile sniper. No so worried about stealth and stalking, but are compleatly capable of doing so. We site back untill called apon from the main force or pick a side of the field to dominate, then wait for action. After the ambush we keep moving, moving, moving. Dominate, Distract, and Get the job done. Or, if called up from the rear, we will send a flanker to make a crap load of noise, while me and another "mobile" in a ghillie. are able to move up in relitave comfort of our noise while still haullin but on our bellies. We work on tactics that, when cought, we are able to pull back and set another small trap or flank very fast to catch the opfor off balance.

Mobile
Sniper
Strike
Force

This post has been edited by Radar: 31 May 2008 - 07:38 PM

#17 User is offline   HIT 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:11 PM

Nice to see a teammate out there. I have to back up his words, because he's always on my side and I never have to worry about Zulu Element.

-HIT

#18 User is offline   Stuffy 

• Selling to fund E30.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STUFFY

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:20 PM

Very good read...not alot of stuff that I already wasnt aware of, but I know this will help alot of newer players wanting to learn this position better. Very informative, great job man. And thank you for your service to our freedom. :)

Real men shoot Sheridans.-Marauder_Pilot And the girls arez the devils.-Toki Wartooth

#19 User is offline   REBELS_PEACHZ 

• I have ADD, you wouldn't understand....LOOK A SQUIRREL!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PEACHZ

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:14 PM

First off, thanks for taking time on your leave to keep the thread going. It's been great to be able to take all the info in. I myself am just getting into my sniper game....matter of fact, just watched a thing on the military channel about the Army's Sniper School....that's intense. Here's a question, when you're using your scopes in the field, how do you reduce the glare off then lens? I've noticed while playing with my setup, that the lens on the front (the one closest to bad guy) has a red tint/glare/mirror finish on it. How do you keep that glare from making you a sitting duck? Thanks for you service and your time on here.
Official Sabre #75 If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
Christian Paintballer
Tippmann Owner's Club #112

#20 User is offline   JOE MAC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:38 PM

There are several ways to conceal the front of your lens to reduce the signature it gives off when the sun hits it. You can also do this to binos and other optics.

-Take duct tape and stick it over the lens. Cut a small circle or square in the center.
-Take panty hose or other netting (like window screen or mesh( and cut a small square out of it. Put it over the lens and secure it with a hair band, cable tie, or other device. You can still see through it but it keeps the sun off the lens.
-Get a sun shade for the lens that either screws or snaps onto the front of the scope.

The panty hose/netting/mesh trick works the best. Downside is that it is not as secure as the tape. The tape is most secure but will leave a residue. I personally use a sunshade and then put netting over the end. I use the tape method on binos.

If you wear a ghillie suit with a veil, turn your veil around so the tail drapes over your front when you get into position. Then drape the veil over the front of your optics so the optics is peering through the netting and jute. This is a method that we use if we are doing an op with ghillie suits.

Experiment with other methods. Use your imagination. This job is mostly imagination with a little technique thrown in for flavor.
Don't flatter yourself...you don't really know.

#21 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:29 PM

Yup. I just did the hose method. It works pretty decent. I secured it with tan wide rubber bands. I managed to get my hands on some brown hose so it subdues the black on my red dot.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#22 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:46 PM

Joe, Good work taking what you know and teaching it. Your explanations are brilliant. I don't play sniper, but reading your stuff almost makes me want to. Also, I've found some of your suggestions useful in multiple areas.... Keep it up and thanks a lot.

(BTW, this still ain't stickied......Should be...)

This post has been edited by I.K.E.: 02 July 2008 - 08:53 PM

"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#23 User is offline   TheWeepingWillow 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:22 PM

JOE MAC, the only problem I have with some of your techniques is that some seem very tedious and paintball games rarely go over 30min. Some of these techniques seem like they would take a long time. Any ideas for speeding them up (mostly referring to the setting an ambush/attaching foliage/cutting shooting lanes).

#24 User is offline   Infamous_51 

• official rock and roll clown
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:33 PM

Ah but helpful in scenario games nonetheless. though I also don't play sniper but the sneaking part can be applied everywhere so quite helpful.

-keep it :mellow:

(Go sig yourself) Maybe I will...Maybe I will..........-Epic_fail

#25 Guest_PhantomSniper1_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:39 PM

Very true, they would rock in a scenario game.

#26 User is offline   Infamous_51 

• official rock and roll clown
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:42 PM

Lol...you got your old prof back?

-keep it :mellow:

(Go sig yourself) Maybe I will...Maybe I will..........-Epic_fail

#27 Guest_PhantomSniper1_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:47 PM

Yeah finally...Thanks to WardenWolf. Look at the member number on this one, lol.

#28 User is offline   GhillieMonstar 

• The kid with a ghillie
  • PipPip

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:38 PM

What should i do make or buy one?

#29 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:21 PM

it's customary for snipers to make themselves one,

I on the other hand, bought one, and altered it significantly, cutting away and adding it elsewhere, lighter materials, and conveniently made more easier to wash and maintain it as well, not as heavy, and limited as my other team members ghillie suits.
I can convert my suit into a flage and use it as concealment, negating the all hit count rule
Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#30 User is offline   GhillieMonstar 

• The kid with a ghillie
  • PipPip

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:24 AM

Well because im thinknig of buying because i wouldnt be able to make it and if i did it would fall apart.

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users