Special Ops Paintball: 2008 SPPL What did you like? - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2008 SPPL What did you like? 2009 What would you like to see different? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#31 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:26 PM

Agreed

As it stands now, though, finding sub 15 hoppers hasn't been a problem for me. We should be fine for 2009.

#32 User is offline   Warchild71 

• I Recruit Killers
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warchild71

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:59 PM

For sure. We still have options today. It will be interesting to see which way this goes in the future.

#33 User is offline   Applegoat 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:APPLEGOAT

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:07 PM

Yeah - Im sure people are tired of hearing about the hopper debate. I see both sides of it (Im for removing the restriction and for creating a severe penalty for those who break 15bps) - but understand there is complexity and cost in implementing anything different than today.

All I hope is that the powers that be at least listen and try to brainstorm a solution. If it doesnt work out, it doesnt work out - but it would be cool if someone smart came up with something.

Some of the earlier posts, well, werent necessarily open to at least listening and trying to brainstorm a solution. Shooting down an idea right away might not be as productive as maybe throwing out ideas to benefit both sides....

IMO, the bigger the SPPL gets, it would be cool to remove more of these more unique rules that are only in the sppl.

Either way - I look forward to the 2009 season - cant wait for the schedule!!

All the best,
M

This post has been edited by Applegoat: 05 December 2008 - 07:07 PM

#34 User is offline   sliip 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Sliip

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:08 PM

Standard across the board qualifier finals. At one event there was no semi finals which meant we were forced to play for 3rd/4th when we only lost one game the whole weekend. The next event there were semis and finals like it should be.

Random brackets and matchups. The brackets and matchups should be random, and every team should be prepared to battle who they get placed with. I know the sppl may not want newer teams to get blown out of the water, but thats what rookie is for.

#35 User is offline   secure 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CSPPL Maverick

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:00 PM

We used the ball cap for Rookie during the 2008 CSPPL season and it seemed to work quite well. It's quite a good idea as it forces new strategy on the teams. It does increase the workload of the referees prior to each match, but maybe it's worth it to attract more players to each level
I've been playing for longer than you've been alive.. and I still haven't been comitted!!
Adrenaline A-Team: more than a paintball team, it's FAMILY:)
I have a Vice.... and I named her Miami....;)
Then I named my SP-1 'Sean'... get it?

#36 User is offline   A5Guardian 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:A5Guardian

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:17 PM

View Postsecure, on Dec 3 2008, 12:50 PM, said:

Ok, in all seriousness, instead of having the league remove the hopper restrictions, why not petition the companies that make hoppers and get them to manufacture one capped at 15bps? Right now we are the ONLY major tournament league that runs at a 15bps cap, so why does ANY player need a hopper that feeds faster than 15 bps?

I totally agree. With all the major tournament leagues moving towards sub 15bps rules, why are all the manufacturers still cranking out 30+bps hoppers? It’s because the market still measures a great hopper by how many balls it feeds. There are so many other things to look at. Low power consumption, quietness, gentleness, great design and looks. The sport will always need good solid 15bps hoppers, and the first company to realize that will do very well with them.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users