Special Ops Paintball: x.o. industries paint - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

x.o. industries paint awesome stuff! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:00 AM

ok there is about 4 types of x.o. paint and i'll put my review in here from the lower quality to the best

spectrum- a very nice, affordable paint. i used this after my mom accidentally bought it (i use menace mostly) and of course i was pretty ticked off. i took it to the field and i got a very nice surprise. it worked great! every ball was very round, no dimples, and since it was cold it made it break very well. if it was cold i would deffinently use that stuff again
8/10

v1- a very common paintball that my team uses. great practice stuff. i used it last weekend and its very nice. no breaks in my gun, hits the target, no dimples. great stuff. in colder weather it might work better
8/10

menace- oh boy, menace, one of my teams tourney paint. its great stuff and is the second highest quality paint from x.o. it breaks whenever we want it to, no dimples, accurate, bright fill, brittle but not too brittle. great for cold or hot weather.
9/10

vein- vein is the highest quality x.o carries. its amazing stuff. its bright, no dimples, dead-on accurate, thick (i watched a kid try to wipe it, he didnt get away with it because its that thick) consistant, brittle, a little too brittle that it doesnt work good at all in the winter, but right about now it works flawlessly
9/10

thanks for reading

conor
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

#2 User is offline   Raziel66 

• What would Chesty do?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Raziel66

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:05 AM

Sounds good, I've never looked at their paint before. Are the prices reasonable?

#3 User is offline   ahmad_a45 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:23 PM

View PostConor1148, on Apr 9 2007, 09:00 AM, said:

After my mom accidentally bought it

So so sad :happy: , ur mom buys u paint, man ur lucky :P

#4 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:40 PM

The field I play at uses spectrum and I agree that it is pretty good paint for its price. The field charges $40 a case so I'm guessing it retails around $30-35. Its very round and has an extremely tough shell. The fill has perfect consistency - you can see it when it hits and is difficult to wipe but washes off easily. The balls have a stiff shell with no oil coating. The ones I use have a solid turquoise shell with white fill.

The only problem I have with them is that they are very small bore. With cold weather and low humidity I have to use the silver detent ring on my phantom (the smallest ring). Im not a strong believer in the paint-bore match theory but I do believe that with a big enough gap it will lower accuracy and efficiency.

Overall its decent paint, excellent for the price. I second an 8/10
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#5 User is offline   tauman5263 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:54 PM

i used spectrum last sunday for speedball at my field and it shot somewhat accurately. granted, i was using a tippmann with co2 and an expansion chamber. i was getting about a 1 foot [diameter] shot spread. the fill is excellent. for $40 a case, this paints recieves a 8.5/10 from me.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Content inappropriate

#6 User is offline   SOGSnakebite 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Snakebite1967

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:36 PM

I use XO Spectrum paint all the time very well made accurate paint

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic