• You cannot reply to this topic

Tiberius vs. TPX Pros and cons from people who have used them Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Incisions 

• Treehugger
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Incisions

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:46 AM

I'd love to hear peoples opinions on whether I should buy a Tiberius 8, 8.1 or a Tippmann TPX. Also, what are the main differences between the Tiberius 8 and 8.1? Please only comment if you've used at least one of the markers listed above. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   D.B.D 

• Snipar4
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Snipar4

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:25 AM

I have used the TPX and found it to be a little front heavy. Obviously it's larger than your average handgun, but it's paintball, not war. Otherwise, it was accurate and had no problems with breaking paint. (Shot it in the winter, so don't know if that makes a difference or not)

I do believe, the T8.1 is First Strike capable, and the T.8 is not.
Aim for anything that is visible, most of my shots are either leg, elbow or head... that is if you see me first.

#3 User is offline   redthirst 

• AVOID THE NOID!
  • PipPip
  • Location:The South <-- this used to be more specific... but then somebody snitched on me.
  • Brigade Name:WrightPower

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:33 AM

The main difference between the Tib and TPX is 12 gram in gun or in mag and that the TPX can currently be run on remote. The main difference between the 8.0 and 8.1 is that the 8.1 comes stock with the ability to shoot First Strike rounds and, theoretically, will eventually come with an upgrade to allow running a remote.

I went with the TPX because I got a good deal on it, the mags are much cheaper, and, I prefered having the 12 gram seperate from the mags.

Basically, if you want to shoot FS or prefer air in mags, go with the 8.1, if not, go with the the TPX... I don't see any reason, unless you get an amazingly good deal, to ever go with the 8.0.

This post has been edited by redthirst: 01 March 2011 - 09:35 AM

Masters of awesome whom I don't BOINK with: Montresor, long_baller, JerseyPaint, Deschaine, brokepballer, Frontier Bill, Bookworm, TREE FITTY (he's a zombie), THIS COULD BE YOU!

#4 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:54 AM

Here is how I break em down

Tiberius 8.0
- Usually on sale
- not FS capable (not an issue if you dont want to shell out the $$ for FS rounds)
- 12ie and paintballs inside the magazine.
- pierces upon loading.
- mags are fairly expensive although usually you can find them used in deals for good pick-ups
- Can use all Tiberius barrels

Tiberius 8.1
- FS capable
- Enjoy? same as 8.0 in almost every other aspect
- Can use all Tiberius barrels, but if they are not FS capable then you lose your FS loading

TPX
- Needs "new" mags to stop balls from breaking inside, can also be fixed by only loading 7 instead of 8 paintballs.
- "new mags are cheaper then Tiberius
- paintballs and 12ie are separate so you can use the entire 12ie before putting A new one in.
- pierces 12ies upon first shot ( technically trigger pull, then you pull it again to actually project the ball)
- generally cheaper then the Tiberius pistols
- Have nice aluminum triggers.
- Take A-5 threading but for some reason the decided to not allow regular A-5 barrels into the marker...

TiPX
- Same as above for the most part. except the new mags dont break paint.
- anybody else want to add to help?

#5 User is offline   Incisions 

• Treehugger
  • PipPip

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:10 AM

View PostEskimo, on 01 March 2011 - 11:54 AM, said:

Here is how I break em down

Tiberius 8.0
- Usually on sale
- not FS capable (not an issue if you dont want to shell out the $$ for FS rounds)
- 12ie and paintballs inside the magazine.
- pierces upon loading.
- mags are fairly expensive although usually you can find them used in deals for good pick-ups
- Can use all Tiberius barrels

Tiberius 8.1
- FS capable
- Enjoy? same as 8.0 in almost every other aspect
- Can use all Tiberius barrels, but if they are not FS capable then you lose your FS loading

TPX
- Needs "new" mags to stop balls from breaking inside, can also be fixed by only loading 7 instead of 8 paintballs.
- "new mags are cheaper then Tiberius
- paintballs and 12ie are separate so you can use the entire 12ie before putting A new one in.
- pierces 12ies upon first shot ( technically trigger pull, then you pull it again to actually project the ball)
- generally cheaper then the Tiberius pistols
- Have nice aluminum triggers.
- Take A-5 threading but for some reason the decided to not allow regular A-5 barrels into the marker...

TiPX
- Same as above for the most part. except the new mags dont break paint.
- anybody else want to add to help?

So if you use the old TPX mags, you will break paint unless you load 7 instead of 8? So Tippmann released "new" mags to remedy this? Am I understanding this right?

#6 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:07 AM

View PostIncisions, on 01 March 2011 - 10:10 AM, said:

So if you use the old TPX mags, you will break paint unless you load 7 instead of 8? So Tippmann released "new" mags to remedy this? Am I understanding this right?

pretty much, the 8th ball was in the "slightly" kinked part of the mag where the bottom lock is, but the spring would push straight up, this caused the ball to be cut along the edge as it was pushed into the straight section. to fix this, just put 7 balls in so the 8th doesn't exist to be cut

the new mags fix this by simply only allowing 7 balls in..... LMAO.

#7 User is offline   archanglmikel 

• He is like fire and ice and rage....
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:archanglmikel

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:17 AM

The new TPX mags also have a two stage spring system to even out the pressure on the first and last ball.

southeast brigade patches coming soon! Archanglmikel's feedback
Avatar made by my wife...please ask before you take...or she'll be forced to use her Freeze Ray.

#8 User is offline   MIDNIGHTANGELZ 

• Ninja Assassin
  • PipPip

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

All crucial points have been hit,

co2 preference is key - Tiberius also has "new airless mags" approaching.. should be $20 mags ...

If it comes down to style .. in theory ..
If you like Modern Warfare / Call of Duty : Tiberius (realistic image)
If you like halo: TPX (futuristic appearance)

Tippman has a bigger name in which more users choose TPX , many people have never heard of Tiberius Arms we're scarce...

If one is frugal about rounds then it would be TipX- 7 compared to Tiberius- 9 rounds.. one in the chamber +8 for Tiberius and TPX is 7 with no consistent success placing one in the chamber w/o breaking.

This post has been edited by MIDNIGHTANGELZ: 01 March 2011 - 03:29 PM

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Incisions 

• Treehugger
  • PipPip

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:30 PM

I think I'm leaning toward the TPX. Even though I can only load 7 shots in, the mags are cheaper and the Tiberius is a little pricey. How's the range?

#10 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:07 PM

The only way range will be affected will be if you are using first strike paintballs in the Tiberious. Otherwise, it will be the same.

#11 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:21 PM

i love my T8 but would recommend the T8.1 because of the rubber detents instead of metal detents.

#12 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kaosukoden

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:04 AM

I love my T8. I have had it for several years now, and recently have played only pistol. I have to admit that I started with a tippmann 98c, and because there were so many options for repairs and such, when I called Tippmann for support they really didn't do much for me. So I went to my local shop and just let them fix it. (Although now I could tear it apart myself and fix anything) But with Tiberius Arms I can honestly say that I've dealt with some of the best customer support ever. Eric (one of the guys at TA) walked me through tearing my gun down and locating the missing spring that popped out at the field. He sent me one, and when the shipping department shipped me the wrong one, he shipped me EVERY spring and o-ring replacement in a bundle for free.

Outside of the customer support side, which may or may not matter if you have a community such as spec ops to help you through anything... I think the CO2 inside the clips are great. I know every likes the smaller grip for the TPX, but after a round or two of using the T8, the ease of which you can swap out mags really makes it worth going for. I don't know if the TPX ejects the mag like the T8 does, but I can say it's epic when you're running, unload 8 shots on one guy, and press the eject button, your mag fly's out the bottom and you grab another one and pop it in to unload on another player. It's just a great feeling.

Ultimatly, you want the First strike rounds. If you're playing pistol, you're not going to be unloading a case of paint in a day. So the cost of the first strike rounds won't increase your play cost by much because you're going to lower your shot volume significantly. First strike rounds are AMAZING. And when I say amazing, I mean AMAZINGLY AMAZING!!! You want to go First Strike if you're willing to shell out a little more for the T8.1. I'm selling all of my guns except my T8 (which I'm buying the FS upgrade for) so I can purchase my T9.1. I've fired First strike during one game (a walk on from out of town had a T9 with FS upgrade... let me use it) and It's worth EVERY penny.

This is all my opinion, and based on my checkbook and play style.

#13 User is offline   MIDNIGHTANGELZ 

• Ninja Assassin
  • PipPip

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:54 PM

Tiberius is a smidg'n more with an EMMENCE amount of Satisfaction..
Ive tried them both.. and now know why I stuck with the initial choice.. you get what you pay for-
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   motherboard1 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

I've used my Tiberius regularly for several years and still love it. I've never used a TPX in game but, I seen first hand the amount of problems people have with it, go with the Tiberius 100 %

I've owned both the 8.0 and 8.1 and used both extensively. There isn't a significant difference beyond first strike compatibility.

This post has been edited by motherboard1: 11 March 2011 - 02:59 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users