• You cannot reply to this topic

all sudden my spyder broke! OH NO!! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   125blackfire 

• Stock Class
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:125blackfire

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:37 PM

my spyder xtra broke (cant find another word too describe it) in two places, the first place is the bolt its chipped (see the first picture), and the second thing is the third picture what is this piece called? it wont screw in, and i just unscrewed it, i think its not reaching the hole all away. Ma by a new screw? and what is it called? in the second picture why is that piece sticking out? i had too use my figure too push it in while i took the picture and did that cause the bolt too chip? or is that even a chip?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by 125blackfire: 09 April 2008 - 02:43 PM

The black of the shadows will hide the awesome fire power of 1BPS about hit you!
http://www.cbf.org/site/PageServer?pagename=homev3

#2 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:39 PM

i think its time for a new gun...

else , just try super gluing the detent down...

This post has been edited by Cesar: 09 April 2008 - 02:42 PM

#3 User is offline   Aurora Knight 

• Semper Fi
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Spartan 043

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:42 PM

Your marker doesn't have any problems with it. First off, the bolt isn't chipped, that's the way it's made. Its made to go around the Ball detent. As far as the screw for your ball detent, I'm not quite sure why its not screwing in. Play around with it for a bit...
Otherwise, just use some Lock-tite threadlocker. That will do the job.

This post has been edited by Aurora Knight: 09 April 2008 - 02:44 PM

All Wars are Civil wars, for all men are brothers.
HOTTEST Karnivor EVER! http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=161438

#4 Guest_Cesar_*

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:44 PM

View PostAurora Knight, on Apr 9 2008, 05:42 PM, said:

Your marker doesn't have any problems with it. First off, the bolt isn't chipped, that's the way it's made. Its made to go around the Ball detent. As far as the screw for your ball detent, I'm not quite sure why its not screwing in. Play around with it for a bit...
\
no,the bolt is chipped on the back end of the front "half"

#5 User is offline   125blackfire 

• Stock Class
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:46 PM

oh so it is a ball detent...i try ed screwing it, but the screw isn't going in its most like the screw is cut off a bit. now you say too super glue it? would that really hold it?
The black of the shadows will hide the awesome fire power of 1BPS about hit you!

#6 User is offline   Aurora Knight 

• Semper Fi
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:47 PM

If I see your pic right... it doesnt seem to be "chipped" there either. Looks more scratched to me... Even if a little piece IS missing, it doesnt matter, it won't affect the performance of your marker. I used a Spyder TL-X for the longest time, no problems whatsoever. And you should see how scratched up the bolt is. It's not a prob.

*edit* Superglue may hold for a while, since theres not alot of pressure on that particular piece. Not sure though, Contact Glue would work better IMO.

This post has been edited by Aurora Knight: 09 April 2008 - 02:49 PM

HOTTEST Karnivor EVER! http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=161438

#7 User is offline   125blackfire 

• Stock Class
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:53 PM

my dad just walked in he told me too use lock tight like you did. i see now that it isn't chipped I'm not worry ed about scratches. now this is kinda dumb but where do i applier lube? on the bolt? or just different pieces like the pieces under the bolt? and how much does lube cost?

#8 User is offline   Aurora Knight 

• Semper Fi
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:55 PM

After using my spyder for my first years of play, I found that using lube on the Orings helped alot. Oiling the bolt itself will garantee a nice smooth action. A good place to lube as well would be in the ASA when you screw in your tank, since that protects the Tank Oring from being damaged. Be generous with the lube, I always have a truckload of lube with me, since I pretty much make my bolts swim in the oil :D As for the price of lube, it's pretty cheap, 'bout 5-10$ for a bottle MAX. The best lube I can recommend is Hoppes #9 Gun Oil. You can get some of that at any gun/hunting store, and sometimes in an Outdoor Recreational Store. Hunting store would be your best bet though. However, Don't use any kind of gun oil. Some oils have something in them that eats away the Orings. Hoppes #9 is safe though. :)

This post has been edited by Aurora Knight: 09 April 2008 - 02:59 PM

#9 User is offline   125blackfire 

• Stock Class
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:07 PM

so lube bolt and o rings? or just o rings?

#10 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:09 PM

Just to make sure everyone is on the same page...
The blue circle isn't a chip.
Attached File  101_1256.jpg (321.67K)
Number of downloads: 5

If you use loctite on the detent screw use 222 Threadlocker Low Strength/Small Screw. It'll hold the screw in place but you will be able to remove it later.

Is the screw loose in the hole? Does it wiggle around? If so something may be stripped.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#11 User is offline   Aurora Knight 

• Semper Fi
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:09 PM

Lube both :D You'll notice a VERY big difference between a well lubed bolt and orings, compared to a dry bolt and orings. It feels soo much... smoother.

#12 User is offline   125blackfire 

• Stock Class
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:12 PM

Is the screw loose in the hole? Does it wiggle around? If so something may be stripped.

it wont even go all away in. i can put it in without the detent and it will screw in fine but the detent it wont screw in and it wont reach far enough too screw in

#13 Guest_Cesar_*

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:33 PM

View Post125blackfire, on Apr 9 2008, 06:12 PM, said:

it wont even go all away in. i can put it in without the detent and it will screw in fine but the detent it wont screw in and it wont reach far enough too screw in

you may need a new screw....try looking in a hardware store...

and as for lube... with a blowback mech...just lube everything...if you have any doubts, lube it...

#14 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:57 AM

I take it you haven't read the manual...

Spyders require the bolt and hammer be cleaned and lubed after regular play... Take the bolt and hammer assembly out, clean it, put 1-2 drops of GOLD CUP Marker Oil on the O-Rings and replace, when screwing in the air source place 1-2 drops into the ASA NOT the TANK.
Your bolt is pretty beat up but that won't hinder performance, but you bolt is rather chewed up, upgrading to a lighter bolt wouldn't hurt.

As far as your screw, the threads are worn, replace the screw, take it to Ace Hardware and match it up, make sure the threads and length match, if it's too long it won't work. Also consider calling Kingman for a parts kit or take it to a local store for serious maintance.

#15 User is offline   125blackfire 

• Stock Class
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:32 PM

I take it you haven't read the manual...

Spyders require the bolt and hammer be cleaned and lubed after regular play... Take the bolt and hammer assembly out, clean it, put 1-2 drops of GOLD CUP Marker Oil on the O-Rings and replace, when screwing in the air source place 1-2 drops into the ASA NOT the TANK.
Your bolt is pretty beat up but that won't hinder performance, but you bolt is rather chewed up, upgrading to a lighter bolt wouldn't hurt.

As far as your screw, the threads are worn, replace the screw, take it to Ace Hardware and match it up, make sure the threads and length match, if it's too long it won't work. Also consider calling Kingman for a parts kit or take it to a local store for serious maintance.

no i have'nt when my brother gave me the marker the manual didnt come with it.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users