Neplusultra thread sw michigan players wanted Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   mongoman 

• mongoman
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:104914

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:57 PM

hmmmm got this news on pbn

talked to glenn on sunday at the tournament he told me to bring all that i can. theyre having about 3 church or corporate groups coming out 70+ ppl counted.
try fitting them on the 6 fields available =P not going to happen. Big Game for us =)

#32 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:13 PM

So will I see you guys there on Sunday then?

#33 User is offline   mongoman 

• mongoman
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:29 PM

no still sat the 18th

#34 User is offline   omega11 

• HONOR AND RESPECT
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:omega11

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:54 AM

A great day for paintball yesterday........the weather was great, and everything was perfect

Our next play date is Nov 1, at Duck paintball, a private field in the Mattawan area(1-5 pm, rentals available, first come first serve, hpa, co2, paint, good people)...........drop by the team website on hop on the forum if you have any interest....
Praise be to the Lord my Rock,who trains my hands for War, my fingers for battle....Psalm 144:1

Neplusultra Paintball

#35 User is offline   mongoman 

• mongoman
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:15 AM

Yes great day of play

Thank you to DSH for treating us so well

#36 User is offline   omega11 

• HONOR AND RESPECT
  • PipPip

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:05 AM

yes.......it was Golden(xball gold that is)............
Praise be to the Lord my Rock,who trains my hands for War, my fingers for battle....Psalm 144:1

Neplusultra Paintball

#37 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:02 PM

Not a problem gentlemen. Looking forward to seeing you guys out there again. Omega mentioned something to me about possibly coming out in the winter time. Of course it depends on what kind of winter we have.

#38 Guest_Stramn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:18 PM

how sw in michigan are yall?

#39 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:39 PM

Neplustra is based out the Kalamazoo/Portage area. They play at Victory Paintball in Benton Harbor, Hole In The Wall Paintball in Bangor, and a few other fields I cannot think of at the moment. They also attend scenario and big games in Michigan and Indiana.

#40 User is offline   omega11 

• HONOR AND RESPECT
  • PipPip

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:01 AM

Some of us are heading to Fort Knox in Winamac Indiana, On Nov 8th to play in the Spaceballs themed scenario......All details can be found here http://www.fortknoxpaintball.com/

We are playing For Lone Star(Ty of Brutal Anguish).......it should be a bunch of fun........Good Guys or Bad Guys, it does not matter......Come and have some fun on this great field......

Neplusultra Paintball

#41 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:41 PM

I wanted to attend that one too. Unfortunately I have a practical exercise for fire academy this saturday.

#42 User is offline   omega11 

• HONOR AND RESPECT
  • PipPip

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:31 AM

Spaceballs game was a blast.......the weather held, and Ty did a great job leading us to Victory.........

We will be posting up some play dates for the winter months pretty soon.......

Neplusultra Paintball

#43 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chaos

Posted 15 November 2008 - 05:14 PM

Hey guys. I was wondering if any of you have though about going to the Judge Dredd Scenario game Hosted by Viper, at Sherwood next May. Last years game was phenominal. It started everything that lead up to this game. Last year was the showdown between T and Hawk. Hawk was slated to win by a large margin, but T pulled out the upset victory. I think this was largely in part because every team from Michigan that went, played on T's team. Michigan teams like Great Lakes Rangers, FUBAR, Delta Ops, RagTag Renegades and many others showed up to help T to victory. T VS Hawk was just the warm up. The winning general, T, now gets to face off against TB. He has played over 170 scenarios in the last 7 years, yes you heard me right. He is 9-1 as a general. T is a really fun guy to play under, and TB, well, he's cocky and can be a jerk at times from what I hear, but he has the tallent. So for this go around, I say we put Michigan paintball on the map, get as many teams as we can from Michigan to this game to support T for another Victory. They are expecting 700-1000 players for this game, I would love for over 150 of those to be from Michigan.

This is a 26 hour scenario game, with night time play. Nerf launchers and night vision are allowed. Nerf launchers must either be manufactured, or home made 12 gram launchers. Hope to see some of you there!

here is a lil more info from T:

“T” vs “TB”

There’s a whole lot of buzz about an upcoming 26hr scenario game at Sherwood Forest in La Porte, Indiana. The game is to be held in 2009, on May 2nd & 3rd and will be a continuation of the Judge Dredd series. The talk around the water cooler is they are expecting 700 – 1000 players!

Why all the hype? What is everyone so excited about? For those in the know, the game is being billed as “T” vs “TB”. To understand the hype, you first need to understand the story. So, here it is… from my perspective…

My name is Tim “T” Erickson. I started paintballing 5 years ago and I, like many of you, was hooked. Two years later I decided to start a tactical team, which soon developed into one of the top scenario teams in the Midwest, Team WOW, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

I’m a very competitive individual on and off the field. I’m also a bit of a clown, like to have fun, joke around, and spend time with friends. In 2005 we attended our first scenario and I quickly began to watch and study those who appeared to know what they were doing. In my quest for knowledge I found one teams name kept rising to the top… Thunderstruck. For those of you who have ever played with or against them, words like: intense, committed, knowledgeable, creative, driven, and intimidating have been used to describe them.

One member of Thunderstruck has a reputation which has caused many to either love or hate him. His name is TB. He has played in over 170, 26hr scenario’s in 7 years. Yeah you heard me right, 170! His record as a commander is 9 wins and 1 loss. Whether you like him or not, there’s no denying the fact that he knows how to play, and win, a scenario game. He studies the rules extensively, looking for any advantage which will give him supremacy on the field. The very attribute which drew me to scenario games was that of “Intelligence”. True scenarios are designed to challenge you not only physically, but mentally. Many games have been won through superior thinking, planning, and implementation. TB is a master at this. He’s driven to dominate his opponent and crush them into submission.

It than became my goal to command against TB. To face him head to head on the field of battle. So my quest began…

Over the last 3 years I have commanded at 6 events and won 5 of them. The biggest challenge I faced in the beginning was recruiting. You see, many of the teams in this region were loyal to each other so it made recruiting difficult at first. So, we decided to recruit some of the lesser known teams who desired to get more involved in scenario games. I’ve been told many times, “There’s no way you’ll win with those teams.” Yet, time and time again, we’ve won. I say “We” because there is no way I could have won these games without the commitment and dedication of those who have joined us. I believe in unity. I believe teams who unify together with one common goal and purpose, are a great and mighty force to be reckoned with.

After talking with TB about battling against him, I was told Hawk from 1st MG (at the time, he is now with Hellbent), also wanted to take him on. He too had been planning and preparing to meet TB head to head. So, TB in his infinite wisdom decided to let Hawk and I battle it out to see who would get a shot at TB. Hawk vs T took place this year in May. The word on the streets was Hawk was expected to win, seeing as he was a protégé of TB. Well, for those who were at the game… it didn’t play out that way. It was a well fought game, but in the end Hawk couldn’t pull out the victory.

So now, we are planning for the game of the century. Next May will be an incredibly intense game. If you’ve ever wanted to play in a game that would push you to your limits, this could be that game. I’m looking for teams who love to battle with one common purpose. Who love to play with honor and intensity. I don’t care if you have little or no scenario experience. I believe every player is valuable and your presence at this game could make the difference between a win or a loss.

If you’ve received this letter it’s because someone believes you posses the qualities of a winner. So join us on the paintball battlefield for what could be one of the greatest games you’ve ever played.

The reffing in the past has been exceptional. The field is one of the best in the country, and the teams who will be with us will welcome you with open arms.

Thank you for considering this event and joining us to defeat TB.

“ T ”

#44 User is offline   omega11 

• HONOR AND RESPECT
  • PipPip

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:49 AM

WE were there last year, and we plan on being there this year(09).........hopefully with larger numbers..........

This should be a great game.............I know TB is XO for Living Legends as well, I hope this does not cause some of his recruited teams to pick Dredd or Living Legends..........

Neplusultra Paintball

#45 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chaos

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:08 AM

Yeah, I know you guys were there last year. Sorry, it was mostly just a copy and paste job that I have posted about 10 other places to other teams. Just trying to get the word out to everyone right now. Glad to hear you guys are gonna be there again! If some of TB's teams are picking between one or the other, that's good for T. TB is going down!

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users