Special Ops Paintball: New Position- Specops - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

New Position- Specops I know this website is called specops, but i mean the actual role Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MaverickMR2 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:03 PM

I was thinking of having a new position where this guy would be carrying smoke grenades, paint grenades, mines,and remote activated paint mines and other weapons used to sabotage the enemy. The Special Operations positions. This guy would be responsible for hampering the enemy's process to a crawl. They would set up mines to dwindle down the enemy's numbers without actually having to sent squad members to do that. Also to go deep within enemy territory and do everything they can to crumble their defense so that there is no one guarding the flag. Then they would regroup with their squad, inform the commander on where traps are at and whats left of the enemy and then join the assault.

This post has been edited by MaverickMR2: 22 November 2008 - 04:03 PM

The Biggest killer of all, is underestimation.

#2 User is offline   Zzaque 

• Voce nao pode ser serio!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Zzaque

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:17 PM

Is it creative? Yes! Does it sound like a lot of fun? Also yes! Do I think it merits a new position? No!

The positions are nothing short of guidelines so that team members can stick to their strengths and know who is needed for each situation. They exist so that if something happens on the field that is not expected everyone already has a plan of action that will coordinate with the playing styles of the rest of the team.

I look at this from the view point of the commander of the team. If someone requests to go on a mission like this (to create chaos. Yay chaos) I would let him go but I would write him off for the rest of the game. It seems like a lone wolf position. It has potential to help the team but with a super high risk factor. You get stuck out there alone, you have to get out alone.

I like the ideas you present and they add a lot of thrill to the game for both sides, but it is just too specific. It sounds to me like a well equipped sneaky dagger position. Maybe a modification of a sniper. It is just a subcategory of one of the basic positions. Now don't think I am slamming your playing style. I am not! I think that if you are able to pull all that crap off, you deserve some credit. I just don't believe that a new position should be made for it. (And if we did come up with a new position I think you should call it "Maverick" instead of SpecialOp.)

p.s.-Welcome to the forum. Don't worry, not everyone is as grumpy as me! Most of us are pretty cool.

This post has been edited by Zzaque: 22 November 2008 - 04:17 PM

"So, I can't find any Vitamin B-12 pills . . . can't I just give him 2 Vitamin B-6's?"
-A Confused Nurse-

#3 User is offline   Tora 

• Yes, that is Barney. My Barney. No you can't have him.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

Don't worry about positions and just play the game.
sure you can carry that stuff if you want (check with your local field to see if they allow it first), but you don't need a certain position to do that.
FEEDBACK

My momma raised me the be SHAMELESS!

#4 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2008 - 06:27 PM

Sounds expensive and largely impractical. I can't imagine anyone carrying all that and still being quiet enough and fast enough to do the job you describe.

Paint mines aren't particularly effective unless set well and placed on known areas (trails or natural, obvious choke points). If you're playing a more or less natural terrain field, it won't be practical at all.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm all for the sneaky part and causing some chaos part, but I don't see much of this as a practical way to do so. During low-key capture the flag type games, I've been known to try strange things, but the team never relies on it for success. They will take advantage of it, however, when they see something in progress.

New positions haven't appeared on Special Ops because there really aren't any left that focus on teamplay and using each player's strong suit to compensate and help each other. The only one missing debateably is the anti-tank role, which technically does exist as a SO role, but it's limited to games with those sorts of things.
Member of Team Akkadian

#5 User is offline   Zzaque 

• Voce nao pode ser serio!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Zzaque

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:26 PM

I agree that the only role that does not really fall under any other category is that of Tank Hunter. Using a rocket launcher requires a completely different style of play.
"So, I can't find any Vitamin B-12 pills . . . can't I just give him 2 Vitamin B-6's?"
-A Confused Nurse-

#6 User is offline   jim762 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:jim762

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:28 PM

MaverickMR2, on Nov 23 2008, 08:03 AM, said:

I was thinking of having a new position where this guy would be carrying smoke grenades, paint grenades, mines,and remote activated paint mines and other weapons used to sabotage the enemy. The Special Operations positions. This guy would be responsible for hampering the enemy's process to a crawl. They would set up mines to dwindle down the enemy's numbers without actually having to sent squad members to do that. Also to go deep within enemy territory and do everything they can to crumble their defense so that there is no one guarding the flag. Then they would regroup with their squad, inform the commander on where traps are at and whats left of the enemy and then join the assault.

I think that would be a "Sapper" . I could be wrong.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't!
Sponsored by: Urban Ops Armory

#7 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:33 PM

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...showtopic=97433

Please read that.

From what I'm seeing this isn't a viable position, it's a scenario game specific role.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#8 User is offline   TheLeftHandofGod 

• If you die we're splitin up your gear
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Left Hand of God

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:07 PM

This idea sounds really tight but it sounds a little expensive to me. But who knows this could be the next offical specops position.

Shocker Owner #2
PROTECT THIS HOUSE

#9 User is offline   milsim berry 

• PUNISHER
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MILSIM_BERRY

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:45 PM

if you want be greander be one this has been posted befor
Christian paintballer
USMC Semper Fi
LOOKING FOR A TEAM
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:13 PM

I carry half this stuff in big scenario games already. And I don't worry about silly positions.

The problem with this is that anybody could do this equally effectively. It doesn't differentiate itself from the existing positions very well. Plus, half the gear you describe either doesn't exist (Remote mines) or isn't allowed on your average field (Smoke grenades).

#11 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:26 PM

Kid, the best thing you can do is call yourself a position to rank it up but be actually three, like me. Im Basically a Engineer/Sniper/Commander, but my profile says otherwise, that I AM A SABRE... In short, you make your position, not any other way.
Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

#12 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:42 PM

Necroed and re-necroed. Somebody put this zombie down! :dry:
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users