• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lube the 3-way Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:16 PM

Quick question here, what should I lube the 3-way with and how do I get to the o-rings on the 3-way?

I have an ANS GX-3 if that makes any difference, and its a belsales hollowpoint 3-way.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:23 AM

any air tool type oil is fine, whatever you normally use on your cocker.

How to get to them....remove your grip, now you should be able to pull the whole shaft right out of the threeway by pulling back on your timing rod. If it goes thru the reg/vertical adaptor, you will need to remove that as well. Some three ways you can remove the rod out of the front, once you disconnect the coupler in the bakc of the threeway, you will know if you can by if there is a set screw at the frontend of the threeway or not. Most just pull out the back, towards the frame. It will ahve either two or three orings.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:43 AM

Is dow 33/militia fine by any chance?

I don't have any oil at the moment
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#4 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:00 AM

not sure to be honest...i never have used any type of gel lube in paintball, i have always stuck to oils and such. Flyweightnate would know, as would some other cocker gurus...but i honestly have no idea...i assume it would be fine...but assuming can lead to bad things.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#5 User is online   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:23 AM

I'm not a lover of taking 3 ways apart after every use. I guess you can put a drop of oil on the end and work it through the 3 way manually.

I believe if the ASA needs oil then the ram, lpr, main reg and valve also needs it too. Hence I oil through the ASA and fire it through.

#6 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Meline

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:23 PM

I use Dow 33 to lube my 3 way, and every other O-ring including reg piston o-rings, every year when I do my pre-season maint. After that I don't mess with it. I don't use any oil (It seemed to me that the oil and Dow 33 didn't mix and I had better results with lubrication with just Dow only). Then when I play I pull the bolt and lube the bolt orings with Dow as well.

Also when I first started out I would also lube the ram annually as well but after a few years it didn't look like it needed it so now I lube the tri-annualy.
CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users