Special Ops Paintball: A5 Response - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A5 Response isn't workin properly- low on C02?

#1 User is offline   HoboHunter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:HoboHunter23

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:12 AM

I got my response trigger all set up. But when I hold the trigger back to go full auto, it only shoot a few bullets, then goes back to semi-auto. And when it shoots the few bullets full auto, no matter how high the ROF is turned up, it only shoots it around 3-4bps. But the gun still shoots semi-auto perfectly fine.

Could it be that I'm low on Co2? Because I heard somewhere that the R/T stops working properly before the gun does when it's low on Co2. Any ideas? Thanks beforehand :o

EDIT: I just don't wanna try to empty all my Co2 when it might not even be the problem, because I might still have lots of Co2 left. Because then when I get it filled, the R/T still may not work properly. LOL

This post has been edited by HoboHunter: 18 May 2009 - 05:19 AM

#2 User is offline   Tora 

• Yes, that is Barney. My Barney. No you can't have him.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:19 AM

Wow, your pb marker shoots bullets? Dude I've got to get me one of those.
Why don't you just get your tank refilled and see if that is your problem?
FEEDBACK

My momma raised me the be SHAMELESS!

#3 User is offline   HoboHunter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:22 AM

haha very funny:P Yeah, I could do that, but I don't know the next time I'm playing. Sounds kinda weird, but if the Co2 isn't the problem, then I might be able to fix it before I go play. The pb place is 40 minutes from my house, so the only time i go there is when i play.

This post has been edited by HoboHunter: 18 May 2009 - 05:23 AM

#4 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:06 AM

Do you need a special part to divert the air flow so your response isn't starved of CO2? I know with the 98's my friend had to buy a different powertube or something. This isn't a 98 though.
-Ty

This post has been edited by TyTy: 18 May 2009 - 07:06 AM

#5 User is offline   HoboHunter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:09 AM

I don't know what you mean by a special tube, but there is a tube on the side of the marker that Co2 runs through, and is connected to the cyclone. But I'm just wondering if this is just a problem because I'm low on Co2, cuz I've heard of the R/T not working properly before the marker runs out of Co2.

#6 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:15 AM

It just sounds like you are having a problem finding the sweet spot. R/T's are funny and no two are alike. Each marker has that certain trigger position for full auto.

Is this just recent or have you always had problems going auto with the R/T?

#7 User is offline   Tora 

• PipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:16 AM

^ That's what I was about to say.
You are probably not hitting your markers sweet-spot.
You can not just pull the trigger down the whole way and expect it to go full-auto (you do not have an e-grip).
FEEDBACK

#8 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:28 PM

I would have to say that it is one of two problems.

1) low on CO2

2) trouble finding the sweet spot.

You can weigh the tank to see how full it is. A 9 oz tank weighs about 1.5 lbs on average. A 12 oz tank is about 2 lbs on average. A 20 oz tank weighs about 3 lbs. A 24 oz tank weighs about 3.75 or so. All the weights are full tanks. If all you have is a bathroom scale you can weigh yourself without the tank in hand and then weigh yourself with tank in hand. That should tell you about how much CO2 you have in your tank.

If the tank is full and it still is not acting right, then you have to play with the trigger a bit until you find the sweet spot.

#9 User is offline   HoboHunter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:45 AM

I just weighed the tank- it weighs two pounds, and is a 20oz. So i think that still means theres a fair amount of CO2 in it. I'll try to find the sweet spot again, and if i can't, then its gott be the Co2. Thanks Guys!

EDIT: Just tested it, now i cant find the sweetspot at all. So probably means im low on Co2....

This post has been edited by HoboHunter: 19 May 2009 - 05:52 AM

#10 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:22 AM

View PostHoboHunter, on May 19 2009, 08:45 AM, said:

I just weighed the tank- it weighs two pounds, and is a 20oz. So i think that still means theres a fair amount of CO2 in it. I'll try to find the sweet spot again, and if i can't, then its gott be the Co2. Thanks Guys!

EDIT: Just tested it, now i cant find the sweetspot at all. So probably means im low on Co2....

An empty tank is about 2 pounds. 20oz is the weight or the CO2 the tank can store not the weight of the tank when full.

#11 User is offline   HoboHunter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:35 AM

k guess that means my co2 just about empty. Thanks guys :happy:

#12 User is offline   Sgt Moose 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Sgt. Moose

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:23 PM

If it still doesn't work look at the R/T Tuning Guide, somewhere on the forum. It's stickied, I know that for sure.

#13 User is offline   HoboHunter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:27 AM

Just got my Co2 filled- I can make it shoot fast, but I don't think I'm getting 15bps, even when i turn it all the way up. Im probably only getting around 10bps. :(. I looked on youtube at some videos- doesn't look like anyone is getting 15bps. lol. wow.

This post has been edited by HoboHunter: 20 May 2009 - 06:27 AM

#14 User is offline   Tora 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:43 AM

View PostHoboHunter, on May 20 2009, 09:27 AM, said:

Just got my Co2 filled- I can make it shoot fast, but I don't think I'm getting 15bps, even when i turn it all the way up. Im probably only getting around 10bps. :(. I looked on youtube at some videos- doesn't look like anyone is getting 15bps. lol. wow.

Well, since the legal ROF is going down to 13 bps, you got nothin' to worry about
FEEDBACK

#15 User is offline   HoboHunter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:24 AM

Well....yeah I think I do have something to worry about- I don't even live in N. America, and there isn't a legal ROF here. Secondly, I paid $70 for 15 BPS, not 13, (or 5 BPS in my case...I was getting maybe 10BPS MAX earlier, but not now). I've done the 'checks' to make sure its working properly, but I can shoot faster semi auto than this so-called full auto. I'm gonna send it in to Tippmann, but who knows- probably'll come back the same way. So far, I've had one R/T break on me, sent in the broken parts, they never received them. So they sent me another R/T kit, which I currently am having problems with. So far, my mission to get an R/T to work has cost me around $110 American dollars, and now I gotta send it to Tippmann (which will cost me another $20 or so, because I'm sending in the whole thing so they can make it work). -.- I'm pretty PO'd at the moment. So it'll probably cost around $130 or so, and that's if it works properly when it comes back......I've dry fired about 150 times trying to find the sweet spot. All can get when I find the sweet spot is 5bps.

This post has been edited by HoboHunter: 20 May 2009 - 10:32 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users