• You cannot reply to this topic

E-vents has this ever happend to you?

#16 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Galihad

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:17 PM

View Postkubihibi, on Nov 17 2007, 03:14 PM, said:

Ok tool, unless it is in a major organ, a burst blood vessel won't "hurt" you. And a paintball will not crush your trachea. At most you will have a "bruise" for about 2 weeks, a little blood, and some choking right after being shot. F'in tool.

wow... I'm glad that my safety concern has been reduced to a he said she said flame war.... :blink:

anyways while the neck is important, lets get back on focus, and that is to ask people with E-vents whether or not they have been shot underneath the mask. to see if this is an isolated incident or a wide spanning problem that needs to be brought up to the Empire company
Christian paintballers -beating the hell out of satan with tiny balls-
Sabre #117
My feedback!:click here

#17 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:04 PM

it happen i think it happen to a guy with a dye i3 pro he got hit in the jaw but if you have a long face the vent leave a part of the jaw unprotected
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#18 User is offline   Got Snipers 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 November 2007 - 04:27 PM

I have never used E-Vents and do not know many people who have. However, this can happen with any mask- I have seen 4 of my friends hit in the jaw more than once, and I have been hit twice (all within the past 2 years). This has happened with masks by JT, Tippmann, Dye, and one other company. It isn't so much the mask as it is the angle you are hit at- a mask with more protection extending further down the neck is going to prevent this more often, but a jaw shot is always possible.

#19 User is offline   six one alpha 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:six one alpha

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:08 AM

At the risk of wadeing into a "stuff" fling here, please let me add my two-cents. "Carotid" (as in artery) comes from the Greek word for "Deep Sleep". Stay with me here, I'll get to it. We've all seen "Sleeper Holds" or the real equivalent "a choke hold". The carotid artery in the right side of the neck has pressure (or "Baro") receptors in it. This acts as a safety to prevent blood pressure from rising too high thereby causing ruptures of vessels in the brain, leading to a stroke, ( Cerebral Vascular Accident, C.V.A.,ETC.) Still with me? Good. So prolonged pressure to the carotid causes an increase in pressure, which leads to a compensitory drop in heart rate and blood pressure throughout the body leading to unconsciousness. Repeated impacts of 3.2 gram paintballs moving at 270 fps COULD in rare cases cause this to happen. Remember that as we are all individuals, each person will suffer damage at different rates. It is also possible to suffer vascular damage ANYWHERE on the body from a hit, develope a bruise, develop a blood-clot from that bruise, have that clot break free, float through the circulatory system to the heart, pass through the heart to the lungs causing a pulmonary embolism (often fatal), or pass back through the heart causing a heart attack (often fatal), or pass back out through the heart, be pumped up to the head, and cause the afore mentioned stroke. :wacko:

Sorry for the long-winded note but it can't be said any other way. Yes, it is POSSIBLE to die from a shot to the neck, but spending too much time sitting in front of a computor can cause blood pooling in the legs, leading to clots, leading to ETC. Makes me want to go for a run!! :)

Does this help? Guys, ANYTHING can happen eventually given the neccessary conditions.
By the way, I wear a JT 260 and have taken shots to the neck and throat. The E-Vent might not cover as much as some, but if you don't want to take the chance, wear something else.

Peace? End of "Flame War"?

This post has been edited by six one alpha: 20 November 2007 - 09:58 AM

61A-EYES AND EARS
Can one mind make a difference? EVERY difference is made...ONE MIND AT A TIME!

#20 User is offline   six one alpha 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:six one alpha

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:56 AM

thanks Proto. Better now? Thought my censorship was enough. Guess *** wasn't, know better next time. :laugh:
61A-EYES AND EARS
Can one mind make a difference? EVERY difference is made...ONE MIND AT A TIME!

#21 User is offline   Zamamee 

• something witty
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Zamamee

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:23 PM

I have had E-vents for the past 8 months and I've never taken a shot to the mouth/jaw. I actually think Flex-7's or Proflex's are worse for mouth/jaw protection. I just recently gave a friend a fat lip after hitting him in the rubber part of his Proflex's.

#22 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 23 December 2007 - 07:54 AM

A paintball went under my Profilers and hit my lip. It hurt and was bleeding.
Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#23 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2007 - 04:26 PM

well I think I'm going to chalk it up to a freak accident... probably along with your profilers.

I was also informed that my friends e-vents that he wears were used, and found on the field that he simply put a new lens on.... I love smart people... I also say all this simply for the fact that I am getting some vents and it would be a little hypocritical for me to think they are unsafe and wearing them :)
Sabre #117

#24 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 25 December 2007 - 08:09 PM

I usually wear a Proto Switch mask. I've taken hits under the mask before. It just depends on the angle the shot comes from. I've shot a guy on the chin before. He dove into a bunker that was perpendicular to mine. This guy was lying on his back, I came around a rock wall and shot him on the ottom of the chin. Its just depends on the angle.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#25 User is offline   gameystar333 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PYROPAINTBALLER

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:25 AM

i can't afford those masks but it is good to know that if i ever look around what not to buy good post man
guy "How come you guys didn't arm the bomb"
aimforthetrash "because we all died"
my crowning forum achhivement
Feedback here soon.
I support Mike and TechPb. Put this in your sig if you do too.

#26 User is offline   lonegunm4n 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:lonegunm4n

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:57 AM

I know this might be a bad thread to bump, but I'll add my .02 cents anyway....

I wear a V-Force Profiler.

I've been hit under the mask a few times. Most of those come from the paintball hitting the mask, the mask giving away and allowing the paintball on it's course to my face. I've only had one shot that actually curved up under my mask and hit my left cheek.

Honestly, I feel that the Profiler isn't the greatest mask out there for mask hits. The mask itself is designed to be small and compact, and offer a lot of flexibility, for those who seek bounces. However, those are also the same drawbacks. I find hits that happen on the mask part (mainly the very bottom edge of the mask), tend to force the mask out of the way.

About the only thing anyone can really do is start emailing the mask manufacturers and get them to start adding more protection. One company, Save Phace, offers a completely solid mask. If you believe your mask flexes too much, they might be a company you want to check out.
well, it's a futuristic modern world
but things aren't what they seem
someday you'd better wake up
from this stupid fantasy
-Bloodstains by Agent Orange

#27 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:35 AM

If you're worried about mask protection, buy a VForce Shield. The thing is huge.

As for me, I used to wear a JT Flex mask. I took shots in the rubber parts. They always bounced.
Then I got a VForce Grill (because I like being able to actually change the lens). One game, some (expletive) noob came over the top of his bunker and unloaded. Lucky for me, my bunker was in front of his (he was behind me, we were on the same team). One of his dozen shots went between my cheek and mask, busting on the inside.

Could it be possible this is what happened in the case of the Original Poster? He took a shot from behind and it went in the mask?
I didn't quite follow what happened, so I'm just throwing that idea out.

By the way, the Grill is the best mask I've ever worn, and that list includes E-Vents, Profilers, and I3 Pros.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#28 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:46 AM

well in response Pirate I actually currently own and use a Shield so thanks for the tip :laugh: good to know you approve

what went down was that he was hopping from bunker to bunker at my 11 o'clock to my 10 o'clock I shot in the lane and a ball hit him squarely in the cheek underneath his mask. I have a friend who just got some E-vents and is enjoying them alot right now so I'm hoping it was just Murphy's law in play against the guy I was playing. I'm working on getting some Grills myself so no worries there. :happy:
Sabre #117

#29 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:04 PM

I wear a Proto Switch FS and I have had one weird incident.
Some users may have noticed a gap in between the lens frame and goggle, indicated by the red arrow in the pic. In a game, I was on the inside of a building, near a window. I looked out the window, and there was a very dumb player from the other team right on the other side of the window. For whatever reason, he decided to pull the trigger when he saw me. I was probably less than a foot away from his muzzle when he shot me, indicated by the yellow circle. I instantly couldn't see with my right eye because it was full of paint that had shot up into the goggle through the gap.
Posted Image
I don't know how big of a safety issue this is, because a paintball couldn't go through it, but shell fragments could potentially hurt the eye. It would be nice if it could be eliminated.

#30 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 17 February 2008 - 05:14 PM

Tape it up. Or maybe add some putty/caulking. Seal that sucker up.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users