• You cannot reply to this topic

Reviewing the Airow gun Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Vladd 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Vladd

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:25 AM

ok. i got the airow gun maker and mounted to a wood recurve take down hunting bow. it cost me about $300 in the end. with the wood recurve i had to custom make a offset mount for the plunger/arrow unit. it took me several months to get the marker fire ready. the 50lb draw weight on the bow is too much for me to fully draw, so i cant fire at more then 139 fps. on the first outing, i let my friend try it out and we discovered that the plunger unit was too long, i hadn't cut it short enough, and so shot off the from case and broke the front air transfer case. order parts. in all this i will say that airowgunsales.com is a wonderful group to work with. anyway, the part comes in and the airow gun works again. i moved the mounting bracket back so the plunger wouldn't hit the front case as much, but it still needs to be cut. again, i let a friend try and the same thing happens without broken parts.... great. where lock tight when you need it? non the less. the airowgun is a fun marker and a new unique way to play. there are a few things to keep in mind. its a 20" barrel, so you have a full extended arm plus 20+"... that's one long X plane on a graph. then since i.m using a recuve, the Y plane is 60". i'm glade there isn't a Z plane on this. Quiet, yes. not heart from 10 ft, i don't think so. basicly, its a good marker. major challenge and id say something to use to learn new skill but dont get rid of your semi or pump for this.

#2 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:41 PM

You had problems with a 50lb draw? :D

A few locals at my home field (myself included) bought Airow guns at D-Day '08 for the fun of it. We figured "hey, today it's cheap compared to any other time, and it'll be fun." So far, we all chrono them in at ~230 FPS with a 50lb draw.

I agree, it's not the most practical design out there for paintball, but it is a whole lot of fun and a new challenge to try.
Member of Team Akkadian

#3 User is offline   SNIPADUDE99 

• Stealin a pcinic baskets
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SNIPADUDE99

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:24 PM

this lil thing is very, very fun. I have one on a 70 pound bow, and i get a solid 250 over the chrono. I am a young person who lifts regullary, so i dont find it that tyring. I played a entire scenario game using the airrow gun, i shot a half a case over two days of play, my shoulder hurt like heck, but it was fun. They are fun if you like the challange
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

#4 User is offline   wieczorek24 

• Don't go into the long grass!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chavez

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:26 PM

I've always wanted to try one of those...
it does sound very interesting, if I had the cash I would definitely get one
<div align="center">
<a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=142281&hl=lethal" target="_blank"><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Feedback +4/-0<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></a></div>

#5 User is offline   Dunceb4ll 

• Let's go play with Dynamite!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dunceball

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:33 PM

I would try it but I am afraid my 70 pound bow would jack something up real bad.
THE END IS COMING!!!! AND IT WILL BE UNTIL IT GETS HERE!!!!!!
CAUTION IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP DUNCEB4LL AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.
Feedback

#6 User is offline   doGrepinS 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Sniper Wolf

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:44 PM

What you have to remember though is that he was using a 50# recurve... much harder to draw a 50# recurve than even a 75# compound.

#7 User is offline   Airow Gun 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:03 PM

I'm glad you like it. I personally have been wanting to put it on a recurve bow over a compound. I was just talking to the big boss/tech and he tells me that to get the full performance out of the Airow Gun, you do need a fully extended draw. Also, thanks for liking our service. We really are striving to become better and we take all types of criticism (good or bad) in stride to better our services. We are such a small "family" here, too. I just want to personally say that we appreciate the patience we've had from the public. If you have any more questions feel free to drop us a line or PM me here. I'll do my best to answer in a timely fashion.

#8 User is offline   Shalendar 

• The kittens of my bone marrow are pleased
  • PipPip

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:00 PM

i just got one, but i havent had a chance to use it yet. so far it seems really cool, but parts of it dont feel like very good quality. specifically, the air tube that runs from the front to the back.

"thats my goal, get sigged by everybody on the forums" - Spades -- "who knows when I'll need a barrel in my ASA?" - MIR Sniper
3 types of people in the world: Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs. I am a Sheepdog. -- My feedback (+3/-0)

#9 User is offline   Airow Gun 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:27 PM

Hmm....cheap huh? No offense (taken or given :dodgy:)It might be one of the earlier models. Where was it purchased from? Also, if you do have any problems at all (this goes for anyone) give us a call at 866.349.1130 or you can PM me here. We are currently in the process of updating some of the older units at a small fee. We would like to take care of our existing customers and to let everyone know that the latest generation of Airow Guns are awesome. The fit and finish is top notch and there were some design improvements.

#10 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

I've played around with a few at various events, and it's a pretty nice system. I'm still looking to get together some players with Airow guns and paintball revolvers for a little Cowboy/Indian fun, or something like the CAS (Cowboy Action Shooting) events. I don't have the need for one right now, but they are an interesting and unique product, and the folks that I've talked to that own them seem to like them for the most part.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users