• You cannot reply to this topic

Looking into Pump. I'v done some research. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:51 AM

Alright, so I always have liked pump markers, And I played with my buddies old school PGP and I loved it, So I have been researching and looking around at different pump markers.

I would like to buy new,

To start, I would only like to spend a maximum of 250$ for the marker itself, and thats in Canadian Prices. so highest im looking at in American prices are 200.$ If I can find cheaper im all for it. Im not against used markers, so If I can find a nice deal im all for it.

As far as the physical pump marker I have looked at CCM, Autocockers, Sterling, Phantoms, Azodin markers and a few others. As of this moment I have been looking up at the Azodin Kaos Pump,
And I really like it, I have read reviews, watched videos on the marker and it seems like a performer. plus its only 150$ which is around 175$ Canadian.

I havnt heard to much about the trilogies, and I would like to know more.

If I can I would perfer under barrel pump, and im open to Stock or open class, I think I would like Open class better.
I have held PGP's and Phantoms, I have shot phantoms before, although they belonged to other players.

Any suggestions for me to look at or research into?

( Im not pumping my Automag. dont go there. )

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 29 June 2009 - 11:55 AM

#2 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:09 PM

Look for older Snipers. If you're looking at WGP's, 05 and earlier are where it's at. :) They sound like what you're after, sub 200 and underbarrel pump.

On the other hand, Phantoms make an incredible OC gun, most people don't even think about them past VSC. :D A RF body, L-stock and a UC kit, be it Wevo, Rainman, or Punisher's if you can get your paws on one, makes for an incredibly smooth auto-triggering machine. :dodgy:

Either way, check out the B/S/T at www.mcarterbrown.com if you're not already signed up there. If you are, GET A PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP! It's most definitely worth the $10 per annum.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#3 User is offline   THE GIVEN DEATH 

• BYAH!!!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE GIVEN DEATH

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:31 PM

I too have heard very good things about it, I think Mike from TechPB did a review on one and had nothing but good things to say as well. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but they come straight from the factory with a hitman mod if you so choose to use it. If you snag one of these, use the extra cash to snag a .685 CP one piece, I think they're like $30ish new.

On the other hand, I just built a trilogy pump for a friend of mine, and it's actually pretty darn good. Not to mention the marker itself was scored on ebay for 60 bucks almost brand new. The PMP pump kit I put on was another 40, and very easy to do. So now you're only up to $100, give or take. At that point all you need is a barrel, and if you want to get REALLY crazy you could throw a decent regulator on there with the cash left over.

The best advice anyone can give you though is get what YOU like. Figure out what feels best to you. It may not be the prettiest, but If you're one-shotting like dirty harry, you know what to get. Test out the Kaos, put it through it's paces against some 'cockers or something. Considering the price tag on them, I doubt a good shop is going to give you a hard time if you want to shoot some rounds through one. And definitely agreed with Sparta, JOIN MCB!! They love the pumpers over there....Good luck in finding your true pumper!
"So apparently, my entire team felt that it was totally necessary to storm up the left side and get wiped out, leaving me with two pods, half a hopper, and thirteen trigger happy psychos bearing down on the last player left alive thirty seconds into the match. Thank you, guys." -Me at my last game.

My Feedback

#4 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:39 PM

thanks, im not to intrested in a phantom unless I get can a used one, becuase they are still higher priced then my original intentions.
I have a few autockocker barrels from my mag so im fine, I may end up usuing the stock barrel if I decide to get the Kaos becuase of the triad ball retention system, or I could use my 6.86 Deathstix which I use on my automag.

I was looking at the triology and I found that a new pump kits goes for about 60$ CAD,

Also, pinnical paintball sells the Kaos right at 175$ Canadian ( who had a good guess, Eskimo did!)
and i have delt with them in the past, plus its near Toronto

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 29 June 2009 - 02:24 PM

#5 User is offline   mike7822 

• Aloha!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MIKE7822

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

I have a trilogy, that I also got for $40 USD and the marker for $60 USD. All I put on it was a CP .685 One Piece. I like it, but I find mine to be very unconsistent. When I chroned I jumped from about 260 to 164, this could be me, but just a warning. I feel a reg could help this, but I am getting a Pre 2k Freeflow pump in a trade so I'll manage for now.
03 Prostock Pump ♦ 08 Ego

#6 User is offline   Spud01 

• Pump-Ninja
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

I suggest the KP. The only problem I've had/heard of is that its LOUD. But its a great shooter and I have had no problems with it. Easy to take a part and clean. I suggest a reg to help with consistency and a barrel kit wouldn't hurt.

#7 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:54 PM

i'd eather use my 3.5 once C02 or my 68/4500.
I have AC barrels already.

oh, I found a local store which sells trilogies for 80$
so 8+6 by my mth equals 14,

So it would come to be about 140$ CAD to buy and pump an trilogy and 175$ for the Kaos Pump, ( which also comes with a hitman mod and a adjustible feed neck, and it is pre-pumped.)

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 29 June 2009 - 09:15 PM

#8 User is offline   runway227 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:47 PM

Dear Eskimo

My first pump came from a nice man by the name of Big_Phil on MCB. pre2k cockers are great for pump and I was able to get mine for a modest 250 Canadian. The value you get in buying used is immense. I checked all the parts for my marker and new it would all be worth over 400. Do what you want, but mostly make sure that when you go to make a decision that you know that you want. Don't buy a marker just because it's cheap, buy it because when you look at it, it seems to scream "buy me."

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Runway227

below is a picture of "Big Blue"

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by runway227: 29 June 2009 - 10:48 PM

#9 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:48 AM

Thanks for the concern runway, Although I should point out i'm looking for something to only puts around with, use as a marker when my friends want to use my mag and something for just plain fun.
If I do decide to go this route then I would like to sell one of my two markers, that one probaly being me starting tippmann.

I know the worth of quality and the cost in which it comes. I'v spent nearly 1000$ just on my mag... I need more hours at work lol :D
I would love for someone to sell the Kaos used, although it just came out. I have searched around on MCB and have found a few sales, although many of them are around 250 and upwards. a few That I have found in my price range I have skipped becuase of the style or the feed. If I can find a uncockeing centerfeed pump near 150$ im fine,

Also im looking at shippin also, spending 150 on a USD marker sounds great but when you convert it into canadian plus shipping your looking at 250$ which was was I wanted to avoid in the first place.

Im very picky with my stuff, so I shall continue to search the Spec ops and MCB forums along with the AO forums untill someting pops up.
Or I break down and buy the Kaos for 175$ canadian which will only take a week to get to me tops. ( the guy lives like 10 hour drive away from me. it costs more in gas then to have it shipped lol)

Edit: Damn, i checked the AO forums.... I want EMAG LOWERS :cry:

new plan, avoid AO becuase my inner mag whore will Explode out of the closet and i'll be poor.
on the other hand one guy still has a Tippmann F/A for 235$. awsome deal.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 30 June 2009 - 09:53 AM

#10 User is offline   Swamphawk7 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Swamphawk7

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:08 AM

*yawn,stretch,good mornin' *

250 will get you a nice pump ~ ALOT of Sniper IIs at our field... we built 3 with old wgp outcast bodies.. cp regs , mine had a ccm frame other 2 with the ans slider i think ? mm springs .all 3 have new freeflow internals . picked those up from a kid here for 25 bucks. I had the old tungsten hammer :D ,, . all 3 have ccm pump kits and a pro tune up by my buddy,, . sold mine to a happy fellow in FLA . other 2 are still sick shooting markers. +/- 2-3 fps and whisper quiet . built another out of a 60 ebay deal . cp reg , freeflow , clamp neck ,on/off sold it to a buddy , shoots VERY good .

buying new is great ! there's no shortage of pump markers and parts around for good prices , you could also consider :
: mix and match...
... build your own !
however ya go , I'd suggest putting a good reg and perhaps a set of internals in your budget . not too much cash and it will turn a very average marker into one that everyone on the other team hates :dodgy:

best o' luck ~

This post has been edited by Swamphawk7: 01 July 2009 - 03:09 AM

#11 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:55 PM

OR

I have a new idea.

I could...

Save up some cash, ( lets say.... hmm...500$)
Sell off my tippmann 98. becuase lets face it, I dont use it. ( although I still love it.)
and then I could start building my own Sniper.

I'll start with a body, grab a frame. Get a nice pump kit.
Get a fancy regulator. New feed neck. Maybe some custom grips.
Then maybe ill take my plan which was for my Automag and have BB do that design on top.... And create a Monster... hm hm..

I'll save up money from the summer and do this over the winter....yea.. i'll need more shifts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: im an idiot. i'll save up some money and when I come back in two weeks i'll look into a pump.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 02 July 2009 - 04:56 PM

#12 User is offline   stolz 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STOLZ

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:05 AM

never buy new, buy used.

everyone is broke right now with the economy and with it being summer people are spending which they cannot afford to spend. If you look in the right places you can find very good used pumps for a fraction of the cost of them being new.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users