• You cannot reply to this topic

help with a project salvo Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   No Fear 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Death_C.A.P.S

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:03 PM

I need help with 2 things... 1. I bought a proto barrel with a 98c thread for my project salvo but it doesn't tighten in right. I find my self tightening my barrel constantly on and off the field any suggestions on how to get it to fit better? Also I bought the bt bipod and bipod adapter for all barrels and yet on the proto barrel it didn't fit snug of course and slid up and down the barrel so I used some tape to secure it, it fixed the sliding of the bipod but will the tape since it is covering the holes in the barrel decrease accuracy or velocity or nething? Now accuracy isn't realy important cuz I modded this gun for heavy gunning but if it will mess up my gun ill remove it ? What r ur views?
Team Death C.A.P.S-No_Fear

#2 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:58 AM

Is there an o-ring on the barrel? If no o-ring is present the barrel will come loose as the marker cycles. Sounds like you have the tape covering the porting on your barrel. All it will really do is make the marker sound a little bit louder. If it affects the velocity, it won't be by much.

#3 User is offline   No Fear 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Death_C.A.P.S

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:50 PM

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on 27 July 2010 - 09:58 AM, said:

Is there an o-ring on the barrel? If no o-ring is present the barrel will come loose as the marker cycles. Sounds like you have the tape covering the porting on your barrel. All it will really do is make the marker sound a little bit louder. If it affects the velocity, it won't be by much.
tried an o ring didn't really make a difference I'm just going to use the stock barrel for now
Team Death C.A.P.S-No_Fear

#4 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:08 PM

Put some teflon tape on the barrel threads, should tighten it up to where it won't come loose on you.

This post has been edited by blackcelldrumr15: 02 August 2010 - 11:08 PM

Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#5 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:08 AM

Taping up the ports increases velocity, as long as you chrony ok then don't worry about it.

#6 User is offline   chasbronson 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chasbronson

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:17 PM

Are the case half screws tight? Ecspecially out at the barrel end? Does the stock barrel stay tight?If it does ,the new barrel probably under machined a little.Clean the threads well,apply several coats of black finger nail polish to the threads ,let dry thouroughly before putting in.We used it for loose A-5 adapters too.If the stock barrel is loosening too. Take marker apart,[totally]lay 220 wet dry emery cloth on a flat surface[formica,glass, etc,]Spray with wd-40 or similar and flat surface sand the mating edges a little. That will tighten up the whole marker,so concentrate pressure towards the front.Take this time to polish the internals also,so tightening up the marker will offset the polishing clearance.Be careful not to get overzealous as to change the stock clearances too much.Polish a little dont grind or sand off large amounts.

#7 User is offline   chasbronson 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chasbronson

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:24 PM

View Postslinkyaroo, on 03 August 2010 - 06:08 AM, said:

Taping up the ports increases velocity, as long as you chrony ok then don't worry about it.

I never gave that one a thought,It makes sense.I sometimes carry a flat line [No ports]in a fanny pack so I can hide and swap on the field if need be.I usually run a fully spiral ported barrel that is real quiet.So this would mean that when I change barrels, I am probably upping my velocity also,intersting?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users