Special Ops Paintball: Need help finding a new paintball pistol - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need help finding a new paintball pistol Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   AABELAC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:PB SHADOW SNIPER

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:25 PM

As the topic states I was wondering what is a good/great paintball pistol? Please post prices. Thanks! :)
^AABELAC^

#2 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:50 AM

View PostAABELAC, on 02 May 2011 - 05:25 AM, said:

As the topic states I was wondering what is a good/great paintball pistol? Please post prices. Thanks! :)

I won't show prices as am in the UK and could not comment on US pricing.

This is dependant on how you wish to use it. If as a sidearm then Delta 68 / Ariakon / Warsensor and other similar pistols are adequate.
These tend to be Spyder based, typically had a top tube magazine wiht 10 shots, but may take 12 if you drop into the breach as well. Expect about 24 good shots on a 12 gram. The disadvantage is that you always commit to a 12 gram even if you do not fire all day, if you do not empty and remote 12 grams with care you blow o-rings, and with some models there is the risk of blowing CO2 onto your hand or launching a 12 gram in the air if you do not change with care.
There can also be HPA line adaptors available.

For a single or twin shot there are the Goblin solo / deuce.
http://www.goblinpaintball.com/

For oldschool cool there are PGPs, Crossmans, Splatmasters and many more.

The current 2 key pistols are the Tiberius and the TPX, which can be used as primaries.
http://www.tiberiusarms.com/
http://www.tippmann....px?category=tpx

The Tiberius comes as two options - either a pistol (T8 / T8.1), or a switchable pistol / rifle (T9 / T9.1).
The .1 models have the option of standard paint or firststrike..

Both the Tiberius and TPX are standard magazine fed, the TPX magazines hold paint only, the Tiberius magazines take both paint and CO2.
This means that the Tiberius has a larger hand grip and may not be suitable for young players with small hands.

The Tiberius benefit is that with what I feel is the optimum of 3 magazines each loaded with a CO2 cartridge give you the ability to reload paint in each magazine 3 times before the CO2 becomes low. Haveing 3 magazines on the go means you can quick change the magazine to be ready, and top up the paint when you have the opportunity. (Magazines have the good effect of being blown out a little when ejecting and then seal the CO2 - you can eject into the palm of your hand with the next magazine ready between thumb and finger got fast reloads) The magazines also have a clicker on the bottom so you can count the times it has been reloaded with the same CO2.
The disadvantage with carrying multiple magazines is you have committed 12 grams in all of them. Therefore when I played with 3 magazines I always used 3 12 grams minimum per day even if I did not use the shots.

With the TPX the 12 gram goes under the barrel and magazines are more compact and cheaper. The 12 gram is not punctured until you pull the trigger the first time (therefore double tap your first shot - and if you do not shoot you never need to puncture a 12 gram)
You can carry as many magazines as you like to reload. But the disadvantage is that you are committed to the 12 gram and have to change it when empty which may not be a conveniient time - probably having to change 12 gram and magazine at the same time.

Both the Tiberius and TPX have remote line adaptors for HPA.
For the Tiberius you fit the adaptor to one of the magazines, which means you have to eject and reload the paint each time.
I did this effectivley with the Tib as primary at last years NvS in the UK with 1500 players, however I was in the command chain so spent a lot of time runnning around shouting.
I would reload even if only shot 2 or 3 to keep the magazine full, and on some occasions was in full firefights reloading for 8 shot tubes mid fight.

For the TPX you must have an empty 12 gram loaded, and drill a hole at the back to fit the HPA adaptor. You can then carry as many magazines as you want and constantly reload.

#3 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kaosukoden

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:13 AM

I currently use the Tiberius T8 with a First Strike conversion kit. It's not quite the T8.1 (has a slightly better regulator) but it does fire First Strike rounds. As a pistol player I can honestly say that the First Strike rounds are the best thing for a paintball player, especially one who is playing with a limited amount of ammo. check the links in the previous post, because he's hit it dead on the head. The key difference between the TPX and the T8 for most players is the size of the grip. The T8 uses air in the mags, so the grip is slightly larger. For people with small hands, this can be annoying. I thought the TPX grip was too small, but that's just because I'm used to playing with my T8.

I heard this once before, but if you like the Halo, go with the Tippmann TPX. If you like Call of Duty, go with the Tiberius T8. But personally. I say the T8.1 is your best bet. (or if you go with the T9.1 you can customize it into a rifle or pistol, or combinations of both to your liking)

#4 User is offline   AABELAC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:PB SHADOW SNIPER

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

Thanks, I've really been looking into the TPX because that's the one everyone talks about. I had a Kingman Chaser and it kept chopping balls so I took it back to trade for a rifle. If anyone can think of any other pistols please post them WITH prices please. Thanks.
^AABELAC^

#5 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:30 PM

Go Tiberius
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#6 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

I would like to cast my vote for the Tippmann TPX. They're incredible.

#7 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:42 PM

Respectfully, prices are easily googled, which makes that your own responsibility. If it was something rare, I could see asking prices. But in this case, you can do the work yourself.

Personally, I have an old pgp. I love it for it's charm, but it is not exactly "high performance".
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#8 User is offline   skullcandy1993 

• M-TAO
  • Pip

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:37 AM

I am personally a Tiberius guy, but each of the two main pistols (T8 and TPX) has their own place in the pistol world.

This is the advice I always give everyone who is trying to decide between the two pistols:

The Tippmann TPX is a great SIDEARM, not as a primary. It is light, cheap mags, 1 CO2 needed, has the "first pull to puncture" feature. All of these features make it a great pistol to have riding on your leg.

The Tiberius Arms T8(.1) is a great PRIMARY, not so much as a secondary. It is a heavier pistol, and has the tendency to bounce around on your leg, magazines are expensive, you need a CO2 for every magazine, if you have any CO2 left over you lose all the gas left in every magazine. The T8.1 also has the First Strike compatibility, and the T8 can be converted to use the First Strikes, and that is a great advantage to the T8(.1) as a primary.

Yes, I know that you can run a remote like to either pistol and that gets rid of all of the 12 gram troubles, but it's a pistol and you are probably looking for a sidearm so you won't even be thinking about that.

It all comes down to personal preference, they both function in the same basic way (regulated blow-forward) and they both run off of 12 gram CO2 so it all comes down to form factor and the little quirks like First Strikes or "first pull to puncture". Either way...enjoy the pistol :)

EDIT: Forgot Prices

Very close in price for very similar tech:
New Tiberius T8.1 - 199.95:
http://www.ansgear.c...1blackblack.htm

New Tippmann TPX - 219.00
http://www.ansgear.c...nntpxpistol.htm

HOWEVER! Those are prices for NEW tech...I've said it before, I'll say it now, and I'll say it 20 years down the road...BUY USED! Find a good seller that has some good feedback and BUY USED!!!!!!

This post has been edited by skullcandy1993: 01 June 2011 - 07:43 AM

#9 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:dex.

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:51 PM

He is right, If you get a chance do buy used from a honest seller. I get a little to anxious and impatient then go and purchase something for store price. Only to come across the thing I want the next day for cheaper. It's all in personal preference. I'd recommend if you know some one who has one, or the other, or both to try them out first...expand you horizon and find one that fits you. There are positive and negative things about both. I'd weigh them both out. I personally like Tiberius and only use it for a secondary. Which doesn't happen much, but it's nice to have when you run out of air or don't have time to reload you primary. Anyway with all that Good luck to ya!

This post has been edited by dextonik: 01 June 2011 - 03:54 PM

If you can't hack it, then I suggest you pack it!
I'm on it like white on rice, with a glass of milk in a snow storm.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.
Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW

#10 User is offline   Tick 

• Tick
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Northwest/OK Company

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:10 AM

View Postdextonik, on 01 June 2011 - 02:51 PM, said:

He is right, If you get a chance do buy used from a honest seller. I get a little to anxious and impatient then go and purchase something for store price. Only to come across the thing I want the next day for cheaper. It's all in personal preference. I'd recommend if you know some one who has one, or the other, or both to try them out first...expand you horizon and find one that fits you. There are positive and negative things about both. I'd weigh them both out. I personally like Tiberius and only use it for a secondary. Which doesn't happen much, but it's nice to have when you run out of air or don't have time to reload you primary. Anyway with all that Good luck to ya!

T8 on Ebay $120.00 great gun and the prices go up and down. try both for the feel before you buy! I like the T8 for the large grip TPX felt small and like a toy in my hand. good luck and good hunting!

#11 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

I have a T8 and Two T9.1s...go with Tiberius...the new detents are GREAT!

#12 User is offline   Fenix 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:12 AM

The ACP2 is a pretty good pistol, though not as quick to reload as the TPX or T8/9. I regret selling mine.
The prices here (in Sweden) have dropped considerably since I last looked (around 2007 :P) so I'm considering a T8 or maybe a T9. I'd recommend getting a PGP as a "backup" sidearm. They're cheap and reliable :)

98% of people on this forum will say that Tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 2% that disagrees put this in your sig
Automaggot #116

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users