Special Ops Paintball: Phenom upgrades and after market parts - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Phenom upgrades and after market parts Opinions? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   LoD 

• Lord of Death
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:LoD

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:01 AM

So, I'm getting a new Phenom in a day or two. I'm wondering what upgrades you guys have used and recommend. I hear the TechT MRT Bolt helps a lot with efficiency and accuracy and less chops. I'm also interested in the TechT Cyclone Upgrade Kit. Also wondering if anyone has ever used something like the Zero Kick hammer.

Basically, I want to make my Phenom pretty nice because I have a feeling I'm going to have it for quite a while. Now before I get flamed with "omg noob those don't do anything!" Well, that's why i am asking. I've seen youtube videos of the MRT Bolt where by just replacing the bolt, because it was lighter and more efficient, their FPS went up 30fps and he had to cut off some air to it. And I've heard from a personal friend that after market bolts increased his accuracy. So obviously there's at least a little truth to some of these. But that's why I'm asking you guys, to see what you think and check out any after market recommendations.

Thanks.

My Feedback Thread
"I look at it as an opportunity to bloody up the hammer some more. Especially now since I replaced the leather wrap and it needs to be worked in." - Puzuma

#2 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:14 AM

righty the Zero kick Hammer wont work in the phenom due to the new bolt design. the phenom is now like a mag, its a blow forward with a spring return. its smooth stock.

the MRT bolt allows a maximum amount of air to pass through in the shortest time, this actually makes the marker more crisp. although due to the lower mass it helps keep the forward pull down. so in theory your accuracy would increase. although in the Phenom there isnt much to start with.
As for accuracy, thats all about consistency, if the bolt design makes for a more consistent shot, you will improve shot to shot accuracy.
(outside of just buying better paint of course)

as for the cyclone mods, not to knowledgeable with em.

hope this kinda sorta helps

#3 User is offline   LoD 

• Lord of Death
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:43 AM

That did help, thanks. So would you say that the MRT bolt would be worth it?

My Feedback Thread
"I look at it as an opportunity to bloody up the hammer some more. Especially now since I replaced the leather wrap and it needs to be worked in." - Puzuma

#4 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:47 AM

not sure, i'v never seen someone with one, or if they did I didn't know about it.
Im hoping someone with experience replys.

#5 User is offline   D.B.D 

• Snipar4
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Snipar4

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:10 AM

I have the cyclone upgrades in my Phenom, to the exception of the squishy paddles and the quick exhaust piston tube... The upgrades for the cyclone are for longer use cause the plastic could wear out over time.

I have the Bad Karma Techt Delrin Bolt installed and i love it. The last game I played, I didn't have the best paint, I still chopped but it's due to the cold. I did notice an increase in accuracy and definitely a decrease in sound.
Aim for anything that is visible, most of my shots are either leg, elbow or head... that is if you see me first.

#6 User is offline   LoD 

• Lord of Death
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:48 PM

What's the difference between the regular MRT bolt and the Bad Karma bolt?

My Feedback Thread

#7 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:38 PM

From what I've read with previous models, most of those upgrades are a waste of money.

Squishy paddles are a good choice, as is the vortex mod (in the case of the old ones), because the soft paddles prevent it from blending, and the vortex mod replaces the plastic ratchet with a metal one that won't snap.

I don't know if the Phenom still uses the plastic ratchet, or if it has softer, rounder paddles. I believe it has improved paddles.

I wouldn't recommend the QEPH or Lightening Rod, nor any bolt or other upgrades (unless you were able to mod a level 10 :rolleyes:)

#8 User is offline   D.B.D 

• Snipar4
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Snipar4

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

The rod in the cyclone is plastic as just was the A5, but the paddles are way improved and there is no need to replace them.

The difference between the MRT and the Bad Karma bolt is that the bad karma is Delrin and aluminum instead of just aluminum, making the bolt a little lighter and improving the efficiency a tad. A new bolt is a improvement over the standard bolt due to the rubber tip that is a little gentler on paint than the standard bolt, as well as the weight difference to improve the efficiency.

Since the bolt is lighter than the stock bolt, they include a metal cyclone nipple with a slightly larger hole, since the bolt was so much lighter there wasn't enough air getting to the cyclone to cycle it.

There is also a new board out for the Phenom, but I haven't tried it nor will I since the standard board is enough for me.

You can also get the Double trigger as well, made by New Designz or Killjoy... but Now Techt has came out with a Fang trigger as well.

Hope this helps.
Aim for anything that is visible, most of my shots are either leg, elbow or head... that is if you see me first.

#9 User is offline   LoD 

• Lord of Death
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:56 PM

Awesome, thanks for the info, D.B.D.

My Feedback Thread

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users