• You cannot reply to this topic

opsgear stock =junk+wasteofmoney

#16 User is offline   arclight642 

• Safety is all of our concern.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:arclight642

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:26 AM

On pain of distressing the mighty Puzuma, I will sound off on OPSGEAR stocks, but not the AK one. However, since the original post was a negative against all OPSGEAR stocks, here is my .02 grams of CO2.

-----------

Product: OPSGEAR A5 MP5K-PDW Folding Stock

MFG: OPSGEAR

Materials: heavy continuous plastic with metal springs and pins

Condition: new/excellent

Ease of Install: simple, but a bit tight with the push pins first couple of uses

Review:

I ordered this stock at 0200 through their website with a credit card and it arrived 3 days later. Stock was in new condition with strong packaging. Made of thick strong, continuous plastic, with metal springs and pins, this stock arrived with no damage or blemishes.

Installation was the same as an A5 buttcap, with only the removal of two push pins and a couple machine screws necessary. However, the first few installation/removals were a bit more difficult due to the very tight fit of the push pins through the plastic holes. While it was a tad annoying to have to tap the push pins through, and use a screwdriver to wedge them out again, this created a VERY solid match between A5 and stock.

This stock operates just like their videos said it would. A simply-learned hand motion snaps the stock positively into the open position, from where it will not close unless another simply-learned hand motion is employed to disengage the fastener/clamp/grabby-thing and swing the marker closed. I have used this stock in many day long, impact intense days of woodsball and it has never failed to operate properly.

The stock is sufficiently long that I can screw in most 9-20oz bottles of CO2 to run air-on-gun, and with a slight adjustment of marker position, I attain a secure firing platform in the pocket of my shoulder and chest like a real rifle.

The only possible point of stress I see on this marker is on the fasterner piece where the stock part secures to the endcap part when closed. After hundreds if not thousands of open/closes, the plastic has begun to wear at point of contact and in the future may allow for the stock to close without intent, if the proper angle of impact were to occur. This has not happened yet, and I am unsure how much more wear will result, so its a wait and see game.

I give this stock a 9/10.

-----------

Posted Image

Posted Image

Again, with apologies that this is not the AK stock. However, the post did smack all OPSGEAR stocks around, so its time to smack back :wacko: Also, a squadmate of mine has the folding AK stock and has had an identical experience to myself.

arclight642

(*EDIT: neato bold effects for ease of reading*)

arc

This post has been edited by arclight642: 13 September 2006 - 08:28 AM

IPB Image

How many balls per second are you going to miss me with? --unknown baller

Do your duty, no matter what may come. --Jacques DeMolay

#17 User is offline   vargg 

• giggidy giggidy giggidy goo
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:vargg

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:29 AM

ok listen 1st of all i guess this wasnt intentionaly a review i didnt see the area to put rant or rave.

2nd until i get a pic up go to milsimog.com and under opsgear another guy it happened to has good pics of it.

3rd humor me and take your stock off and look at the area i was talkin about look at where the guide pin sits. its drilled out there and you will see the insert,not as easy as when its broken but lemme know if yours looks out of center or crooked.is really obvious in the area drilled out.

4th i sure as hell wasnt intending to write an english paper or novel i was ranting.meaning i was thinking quicker then i could type so be it no offense.
thank you for making my review all proper and such but id of givin it a 1or 2. its a shame too not a bad lookin stock.
at this rate prolly gonna say screw it and cnc my own. but kinda last thing i like doin after im done machining lol,more machining.not to mention reinvent the wheel.got a a5a2 stock but like the folder style.not a big fan of jcs either so.
ill get pics up later. and oring idea is great like the 98.never seen 1 in an a5

This post has been edited by vargg: 13 September 2006 - 09:31 AM

#18 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 13 September 2006 - 01:16 PM

For future refernce place rants in the GPD or lounge depending on the rant.:D
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#19 User is offline   djsupahfly 

• Mr. Supah Fly
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Djsupahfly

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:50 PM

Wow, i have an ops gear 36c folding stock, i have dropped it on cement the first time i got it, dropped it, slammed it to the ground hit it against things, NOT ONE SCRATCH OR DENT. super easy to install. i give that a 10/10
ops gear g36c body kit, put it thru rain, and the same abuse and even more as the stock, once again not even a scratch or dent anywhere. Ops gear knee pads and bipod, just as durable. I buy everything from there and have not had one single complaint. If you want milsim they are my first choice, sorry you havent had good luck, but my friend has the AK stock and he beats the hell out of it and its flawless. So i guess you are unlucky my friend. I highly suggest them to anyone looking for any kind of gear.
Slow is Smooth
Smooth is Fast

PB Sale, barrels, summer gear, guns, etc.

#20 User is offline   vargg 

• PipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2006 - 04:53 PM

trying to get pics up

This post has been edited by vargg: 28 September 2006 - 05:02 PM

#21 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:weeebeep

Posted 15 October 2006 - 12:17 PM

just my 2 cents. but my 98c came with said buffer o-ring.

Maybe you shouldnt loose things that seem so simple, they could be essential! (i learned this on my spare o-ring! BUMMER DUDE!!)

now i was thinking about this for a while, but the buffer o-ring thing has me really going! is it possible to smooth the action out by making a REAL car stock? the one with the built in buffer? from the sounds of things it would make things smooth as hell!! just relocate the buffer oring between the bolt and power tube, install the stock and, voiala???

#22 User is offline   vargg 

• PipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:03 AM

View Postweeebeep, on Oct 15 2006, 12:17 PM, said:

just my 2 cents. but my 98c came with said buffer o-ring.

Maybe you shouldnt loose things that seem so simple, they could be essential! (i learned this on my spare o-ring! BUMMER DUDE!!)

yes i know 98c come with the oring .the a5 doesnt have a lose oring buffer so please know what the hell u are talking about b4 u post.the buffer oring is built into the a5 endcap. now the opgear stock does not have this buffer oring built in. but my specops a5a2 does. and so does any other quility stock. like my friends tapco car stock.also both of these stock are made of metal. or at least where they mount into the a5. and for the record my stock replacment that ops gear has promised me still hasnt arrived. maybe ill get it for xmas. and on that note as soon as it gets here its for sale . any takers?

#23 User is offline   arclight642 

• PipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:20 PM

I'd be interested in chatting with you about your OPSGEAR stock........why dont you drop me a PM if you are serious about selling and we can chat.

arclight742
IPB Image

#24 User is offline   Lt. Head-Shot 

• Boredome leads to Greatness!! and broken bones
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt. Head-Shot

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:19 PM

i realize this is not about their ak stock - but has anyone seen their demo of their stocks - the guy does pullups on an a5 strapped to the upper level - i thing thats pretty insane - so why did yours break? - also - has anyone used an opsgear sliding stock (mp5) - i heard that they were ok

here is a link to their stocks and look around - you will find the demo

http://www.opsgear.c...category.150/.f

This post has been edited by Lt. Head-Shot: 19 October 2006 - 03:22 PM

Pump owner #135
Captain of the Stock Class Mafia - Pump Team

#25 User is offline   vargg 

• PipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:41 PM

i realize this is not about their ak stock - but has anyone seen their demo of their stocks - the guy does pullups on an a5 strapped to the upper level - i thing thats pretty insane - so why did yours break? - also - has anyone used an opsgear sliding stock (mp5)

yes my friend has the slider . its the same that rap 4 sells it is also total junk.he was sooo disapointed after spendin over 100 bux on it.all i know is he used it for like a day and he had a spec ops a5a2 stock the following week. i wont give a review on something ive not used so if u would like to know more info ask builtforcomfort
as far as the folder read the post it says y i dont like it . i had 2 brake in the matter of 3 months. they replaced em but they took their sweet time sending it back took em over a month to return it to me both times . 2nd time i insisted they pay for the shipping for me to send it to them. they said they would reimburse me if i encolsed a receit. i did as they asked and after about 3 weeks i called em and asked wtf where is my new stock and they apologized and had no clue why it hadnt shipped yet. i also reminded them to reimburse my shipping and they said they would. of course when i finally got the stock they boned me and never payed my shipping. not my problem anymore i sold the p.o.s.
maybe i had bad luck.2 times? nahhh. and far as pull ups who cares . not impressed . i know what i know. and buy at your own risk.they got bad track record by me. not just their stocks all their gear get failing grade by me.but thats another subject.

#26 User is offline   cbrmarv 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 November 2006 - 06:06 PM

Hello everyone. I'm sorry my first post has to be some what negative but I just had to sign up and post.

I believe you had a bad experiance with Opsgear but in one of your earlier posts you said " and btw im a cnc machinist tool and die maker / moldmaker so i think i know a little bit about quality \. i been in the trade for 12 years now. just so u know im not sum snot nosed kid". Buddy, the way you come off you sound like a kid. I mean look at the words your used to express yourself "turd, @#$%in pos is good feel free and, DOO DOO". Dont sound like an adult to me and I wont even comment your cute respelling of common words (enufff, u, becuz, etc).

Come on pal, if the company is as bad as you say they are (which I dont believe because of my many experiences with them) they will either fix the product/products or they will go out of business. You are out to get them one way or another, "i run a field here in rochester so alot of people come through and ask about gear i sure wont be sending any your way". Frankly, it sounds like something an angry child would say. :D

This post has been edited by cbrmarv: 25 November 2006 - 06:07 PM

#27 User is offline   arclight642 

• PipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2006 - 06:25 PM

Just as a little update.....

My friend and I have been using this OPSGEAR AK47 stock in question for weeks now with nothing but flawless performance. It takes a few dozen openings and closings to "break in" but after that, its a smooth, positive open to a sturdy firing platform, and an easy close just like my MP5K-PDW OPSGEAR stock. And I am *rough* on gear.

I am sorry the original poster had such bad luck with his, but from this 'baller's experience, OPSGEAR makes high quality stocks, spend with confidence!

arclight642
IPB Image

#28 User is offline   Mastersgtzeus 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mastersgtzeus

Posted 11 December 2006 - 08:18 PM

Exactly let's just call a spade a spade... his post was completely to make them look bad. I have used the Ak folding stock from opsgear for over a year now.. Flawless performance the entire time.

Half my team uses stocks from opsgear and no one has had a hint of a problem with any version and we play a very hardcore style.

From my experience their stocks are great just like some of the special ops stocks.

#29 User is offline   M.I.C. 

• #1sniper
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:M.I.C.

Posted 11 December 2006 - 08:30 PM

seriously though i mean i have and love my g36 and have not had a single problem (even thought about doing the pull ups once) but i just think that ops and SO are the BEST scenario companys around just my 2 cents :D

- :D thesilentkilla
IPB Image
IPB Image
Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio
NO SUCH THING AS A PAINTBALL SNIPER? WHOVEVER TOLD YOU THAT HASN'T ENTERED MY SIGHTS YET...

#30 User is offline   MadBomber 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MadBomber

Posted 25 December 2006 - 12:57 PM

CBRMARV: FYI, some of the stuff like "DOO DOO" are done by a filter in the SpecOps forum. It takes normal cuss words and changes them to funny things like that. Like (spelled it backwards so it would stay) ssakcaj would actually say something like Stubborn Donkey. Try it. lol
But, I'm with ya on the other things. Becuz? enuffff? I only see those when my 14yr old niece emails me! lol

A CNC operator? And runs a PB field... Do you sleep 4 hours a week?

For those interested, I tracked down the link to the video of the guy doing pull-ups. Damn impressive in my opinon.
http://opsmedia.net/...stocks-demo.wmv

I understand your frustration. However, 2 outa 2 instances of bad luck DO happen. I've had it happen to me a few times with differant stuff (not PB related). Yet others loved 'em... It DOES happen.

I really like the looks of that stock. And, from the video, plan to purchase one. (Not until after I get my Air-Thru from SO :D
FEEDBACK:Please leave feedback for transactions we've done. 22+ / 0-

98% of people on this forum will say that Tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 98% that agrees put this in your sig.
Beware my FURY as I quietly watch you from the shadows. . .

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users