Special Ops Paintball: CAN I CALL MY BROTHER A HAMMER ? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CAN I CALL MY BROTHER A HAMMER ? Rate Topic: -----

Poll: CAN I CALL MY BROTHER A HAMMER ? (25 member(s) have cast votes)

CAN I CALL MY BROTHER A HAMMER ?

1. yes (5 votes [17.24%])

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

2. no (21 votes [72.41%])

Percentage of vote: 72.41%

3. just tape another barrel on to kill the two barrel argument (3 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   commandocraig 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:commandocraig

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:56 AM

His setup is an A-5 with flatline, ape/jcs e-grip, low pressure kit, male palmers, remote, 24oz CO2, fully upped 300+ cyclone.
He carrys 9 pods + hopper.
His rof is suposed to be caped though we witniss 27 bps peaks acording to an x-chron radar. In SIMIAUTO he consistantly walks/rocks his trigger over 20 bps.
In a 15 min. game at SC Village he regularly empties his paint suply and bums paint from any willing soul around.

#2 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

• dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:01 AM

he didnt rock a trigger on an a-5 to 20 bps and he also didnt hit 27 bps in full auto. Just telling you how it is.

He is not considered a hammer, hammer is someone with a multi barreled marker such as the double trouble. The hammer was invented so spec-ops could sell specific custom markers. He is a broadsword, although if i were you i would forget the positions.
RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback

#3 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:29 AM

He'd be a heavy rifleman, so the Broadsword if you'd like to go by the SO positions.
-Ty :laugh:

#4 User is offline   pballplaya69 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:clrblindguitrman

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:08 PM

i consider anyone unloading a large amount of paint in a short time a "hammer"

#5 User is offline   SHOOTSWITHEYESCLOSED 

• ?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHOOTSWITHEYESCLOSED

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:34 PM

call him whatever you want. the double trouble does seem to be a staple to the position. the player makes the position imo. if he is able to sit in a defensive position and lay down paint like crazy then he is a hammer. If he is further up in the fight then he is probably a broadsword. The positions seem almost identical. so... call him whatever.

if he is bumming paint from everyone you should call him a bum.

#6 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:31 AM

if (Barrels < 2);
Boolean Hammer = false;

#7 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:15 AM

well first of all, your math is off. even pro players can barely hover around or above 15 bps on speedbal markers (lighter,tighter trigger pulls than tippies allow), on semi auto. next, 27 bps on a single a-5 is physically impossible. the most ive ever squeezed out of an a-5 is 25 bps, and that was in 3 round bursts, with the only stock internal pieces being the rear hammer and valve (that includes the cyclone).even then it was unreliable at best. either the chrono was counting how amny balls were fired, or the batteyr was low and it malfunctioned. even the APE board is capped at 25. just re check the facts, alls i'm saying.

as for hammer or not, i woud say that the d/t really is the big gap between broadsword and hammer. i used to run around with 13 pods, a 20lb c02 tank on a scuba harness and a 98 with a gatlin crank... for a little while i called myself a hammer doing that until i made a DT. then i saw how much difference there really is between a d/t hammer and a single gun broadsword. i would call him a broadsword with a hammer attitude, which is still a great thing. but the d/t is what separated the men from the boys. just ask anyone whose gone up against one.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#8 Guest_PaleRider_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:08 PM

In a word NO
What is a Hammer

#9 User is offline   Custom Cowboy 

• Heavy Gunner in a Kilt
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Custom Cowboy

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:20 PM

If he is a Jewish New York cop who lays down the law in the most Kosher way possible while fighting the evil Santa Clause, then yes. He can be called the Hammer.
www.shatteredangelspaintball.com

#10 User is offline   Rattlesnake 

• Klapperschlange
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:{[D4]}The Rattlesnake

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:51 PM

View PostCustom Cowboy, on Jun 30 2008, 03:20 PM, said:

If he is a Jewish New York cop who lays down the law in the most Kosher way possible while fighting the evil Santa Clause, then yes. He can be called the Hammer.

lol cowboy that was great

#11 User is offline   the hittmann 

• I'm watching you
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:the hittmann

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:28 PM

In a 15 min. game at SC Village he regularly empties his paint suply and bums paint from any willing soul around.

He sounds like a person who waste paint at basically nothing and doesn't hit anybody. Not to be mean, but over 1000 rds in a 15 minute game is just ridiculous, he needs to learn how to make his shots count and not shoot a hopper at something he saw move.

This post has been edited by the hittmann: 30 June 2008 - 04:29 PM

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. if you're one of the ones that stays true to proggressive metal/classic rock,put this in your sig.
My favorite mode on a smart parts gun is OFF!!
Save a rock throw an ion.

#12 User is offline   Jonas 

• Woodsball? Sounds fun.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:H

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:33 PM

You have to use two or more guns at the same time be considered a hammer.
Yeah I use an M-16 grip, wanna fight about it?

Best webcomic ever.

#13 User is offline   murdercrow 

• Threadkiller Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderCrow

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:48 PM

View Postthe hittmann, on Jun 30 2008, 04:28 PM, said:

He sounds like a person who waste paint at basically nothing and doesn't hit anybody. Not to be mean, but over 1000 rds in a 15 minute game is just ridiculous, he needs to learn how to make his shots count and not shoot a hopper at something he saw move.

Yeah, sounds like he's just one of those renters who hose hopper after hopper in the staging area before the whistle has even blown. I'd call him a nub until further notice. :P
Automaggot! Paintballin' Punk! "Purple Rambo over here...!"
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

#14 User is offline   T_DEVIL 

• The DEVIL didn't make me do it! I just could!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:T_DEVIL

Post icon  Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:18 AM

View PostJonas, on Jun 30 2008, 04:33 PM, said:

You have to use two or more guns at the same time be considered a hammer.

This sounds like a conversation I once had with a self proclaimed sniper, but unfortunately no! Read the post by Pal Rider.

At one point I use to Dual 2 A5's and NEVER EVER considered my self a Hammer, 1 bad mother yes but a Hammer no. IMHO he is a Broadsword with out a squad to give him direction, even if you have the high volume of paint available a 1000 rds in 15mins. for a broardsword? I sure hope it was a Final battle!

Don't be discourage about a meare title/ position, keep the metality but understand what your capabilities are, if you (hypothetically speaking) came face to face with a true hammer who plays the position proficently, effectively and collectively. You will not only SEE the difference but FEEL it as well.

good luck to your brother!

ABANDON ALL HOPE!

#15 User is offline   commandocraig 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:commandocraig

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:59 PM

THANK YOU ALL WHO VOTED AND/OR REPLIED! (critisim aprecieated)

Ok. He is definatly NOT a hammer.

We tested again today with a camera. The rate of fire was only 15 bps, in full or simi auto.
As for the MATH to figure all this out, it is pretty simple to read numbers off of a display screen. My only explination for the extreamly high rof first reported, is that my chronograph had some kind of malfunction (probibly operator error, but it is so simple to hold against top of barrel 1 inch behind muzzle) The audio report and apearance of balls flying were noticably fewer today. We havent changed batterys in E-grip or chrono since winter. The same chrono said my 98c with supper rt/cyclone maxed at 24 bps.

As for position names. My personal opinion is some titles just sound cooler ex: Dagger>Light rifleman, Heavy rifleman>Brodsward, Hammer>Mobile heavy gunner. I also feel that a squad only needs 3 or 4 types of player to be completly rounded. A Comander is manditory, Dagger/Light rifleman to flank is manditory, optional is what you use for a base of fire, Medium/Heavy/Heaviest. We all want the heaviest to have our backs (I think). Sometimes we need more mobility, and take what we can get.

The regularity that my brother actualy runs out of paint is usualy once in six/eight games or so. And we both often kick a pod of paint to an under suplied baller to keep it fair. Much less all the gun/mask/paint/air loans we provide for homies, just to have enough heads for some good outlaw gameage. BUM AND BUM ALIKE FEMALE DOGS!

For a side note, he does play his role of keeping head down for flanking manover very well.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users