Special Ops Paintball: Is there a place to buy JUST the paintball tank? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is there a place to buy JUST the paintball tank? Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Schecter_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:21 PM

I kind of want a 45/45 because my current 68/45 has a metal tuff skin type outer coating, makes it a bit heavy. I want to see if I can find a smaller lighter tank. I already have a myth reg, one of the better regs on the market so I don't see me needing to spend $150 on a tank where I will take off the reg anyway.

Is there a place to buy new tanks? I checked luxifer(sp?) and seems you can't buy direct from them.

This post has been edited by Schecter: 22 May 2010 - 08:24 PM

#2 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:30 PM

The time I did this I had to buy the tank second hand. Ebay was my choice.

Tank manufactures tend to not selling to the general public so finding a new tank can be tough.

I did see some time ago that Crosfire was selling just the tank on their website. I will go look.

BINGO EDIT!!!

Crossfire tank sale

oh...and moved to air systems....

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 22 May 2010 - 08:40 PM

#3 Guest_Schecter_*

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:40 PM

View PostKrazy8, on May 22 2010, 08:30 PM, said:

The time I did this I had to buy the tank second hand. Ebay was my choice.

Tank manufactures tend to not selling to the general public so finding a new tank can be tough.

I did see some time ago that Crosfire was selling just the tank on their website. I will go look.

BINGO EDIT!!!

Crossfire tank sale

Thanks, but for just a tank they are overcharging. I am hoping to get something for like $60-70. Wonder if I can get someone to trade tanks. It's 08, 5 year hydro.

you've got to remember, I am poor. I have a seasonal job and it doesn't start up until august.

If I had a choice, it would be a 68/45 stubby CP tank w/o a cover. Those things are VERY light.

This post has been edited by Schecter: 22 May 2010 - 08:50 PM

#4 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:51 PM

Didn't Smart Parts used to sell just the tank?
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#5 Guest_Schecter_*

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

View PostStealingYerMail, on May 22 2010, 08:51 PM, said:

Didn't Smart Parts used to sell just the tank?

Yeah, but they have the metal coating and are $140 for just the tank.

#6 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

for that price i seriously doubt that you will find a new tank with a full 5 year hydro ... i just sold my 68/45 for $70 shipped, and it only had 10 mos of hydro left on it. but as you said if you have something you could trade and add the $60 - $70, then you might be in luck ... cruise thru the bst here and on the nation .... they have some good deals there ... just be sure to check the hydro dates that they are sellin, cause a rehydro will cost you about $40

#7 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:14 PM

Crossfire is the going to be the best price for just the tank from any manufacturer.

You might find someone just selling a tank but it will most likely be out of hydro...thanks are what people keep and its easy and cheap to get a new reg tanks are the expensive part.

#8 Guest_Schecter_*

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:48 PM

The name also helps. Ninja tanks, amazing what you can do when you relabel a PE reg. Which is basically what it is, a tuff skin tank and a PE reg.

#9 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:34 PM

View PostSchecter, on May 22 2010, 10:48 PM, said:

The name also helps. Ninja tanks, amazing what you can do when you relabel a PE reg. Which is basically what it is, a tuff skin tank and a PE reg.

Protip-
Ninja, Dye, Empire, Smart Parts and all the tanks where they have that extra layer cost more for a few reasons. Most of the time they weigh alot less and also it allows for players to chip and damage their tank without messing with the structural integrity.

It may seem like meaningless markup but when the extra $20-30 just saved your tank from failing rehydro or a field not accepting it then I bet youll be happy you had it.

#10 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:19 AM

You should look into that a bit more. The regs are similar yes, but the owner servicability of the Ninja is nice and the reg over all is well thought out for that.

The other reason the regs seems so much alike...the guy who owns and operates Ninja...designed the PE regs. He has also worked with most other designs in some fashion so his little touches are here and there in the industry.

He uses the double dipped tank body becuase it is the safest for the end user. That secondary outer layer keeps major structural damage from the fibers.
The tank I saw at DDay last year that was replaced by Ninja had fallen on concrete and seriously cracked the outer shell. But ther was no damage to the inner shell and the tank still held air. It was a very bad crack that looked fatal. They said they were going to take it back to the shop and use it in tests and see just how much damage it could take. They replaced the tank free of charge to the owner.

I really like the company and its products. And when my PE regs die on my Evil tanks then I will replace them with Ninja.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 23 May 2010 - 09:22 AM
Reason for edit: all thumbs typing style.

#11 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:53 PM

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/misc-pa...star-frame.html
That dude is selling an out of hydro Crossy tank for $40. Looks like it could pass easily.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#12 Guest_Schecter_*

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:32 PM

View PostTeddy K, on May 22 2010, 11:34 PM, said:

Protip-
Ninja, Dye, Empire, Smart Parts and all the tanks where they have that extra layer cost more for a few reasons. Most of the time they weigh alot less and also it allows for players to chip and damage their tank without messing with the structural integrity.

It may seem like meaningless markup but when the extra $20-30 just saved your tank from failing rehydro or a field not accepting it then I bet youll be happy you had it.

So, kind of like my tank with an '08 5 year hydro?
Posted Image

I've already got a light CF tank with a coating

I want something lighter

Sure the coating makes it tougher and last longer, but if you have a good NXe full tank cover and take care of your crap you won't have a problem with a raw CF tank.

This post has been edited by Schecter: 23 May 2010 - 06:35 PM

#13 User is offline   Dermeister 

• The_Masterer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dermeister

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:12 PM

I literally just got my tank back from being inspected. It passed, the reg did not.

its a 68/4500 Pure Energy (Carlton Cylinder). its pretty light.

if your interested, i can get pics, exactly weight, and we can talk.

Email me at howard_rothweiler@occ.mailcruiser.com if you wanna talk, id be willing to sell, b/c i cant find a reg by itself lol

thanks.

This Is Where We FIGHT!
S.O.F.A Special Ops Forums are Awesome #2 & CEO

#14 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:29 PM

Can't find a reg?

GA Myth
Ninja

Both are readily available on ebay and from each individual companies web sites. Both are are inexpensive as well.

#15 User is offline   Souleater 

• Well, I HAD 300 posts....
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Village Idiot

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:51 AM

If you want to buy JUST the tank, I would keep looking on ebay.
I recently bought one of a guy on there- he was a supplier for a pro team and had a bunch of tanks left over.
I'm not sure of the actual brand, but it is a very well made tank, practically new '08 hydro, and the best part- $74.95.
:D

Also, about the Crossfire sale- I saw that too. And honestly, the prices weren't THAT great. Especially when the next day I found a guy on PBnation selling brand new Ninja tanks (with reg) for $120 shipped.

So just keep looking. Or maybe calling a few shops (if you have any around) might help.
Posted Image
People who say anything is possible never tried to slam a revolving door!!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of explosives and duct tape.
How's that for a contradiction?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users