Special Ops Paintball: Paintball Barrage leads to arrest - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Paintball Barrage leads to arrest are u kidding me taken from my local paper Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:02 AM

My reaction was, "Good. The little jerks got caught. They're lucky they didn't get killed for being stupid."
I'm less likely to be surprised by stoopid than I am by good fortune.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#32 User is offline   Traakon 

• I came I saw, I ...wait...what was the question?
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Traakon

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:05 AM

I hate it when the edit screws up the post with all the funky things where apostrophes are suppose to be
Death is just a passage...so bring more paint!!!

#33 User is offline   Deuceds02 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Mr. Deuce

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:18 AM

Puz u say "Everyone on this forum likes to have fun and loves paintball. None of us want it to be used in such an asinine manner and we certainly do not want members who promote such behavior here."

This is exactly my point of reference for "are you kiddin me" i didn't think i'd have to clarify that this is wrong to a forum full of avid paintball players...

#34 User is offline   mr. thunderclese 

• killah
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mr. thunderclese

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:18 AM

View PostDeuceds02, on Apr 15 2008, 09:53 AM, said:

I gotta ask this cuz it really makes the point, when u 1st read this story what was your initial reaction... I'll bet it was along the same lines "as are u kidding" any logical person knows jumping out the trunk of a car shooting something at a cop is the dumbest thing you can do. i guess common sense was the reference, but as they say common sense ain't common.

i was wondering about this filter as well since on the original post i didn't swear or try to dodge the filter what was filtered was "effing" w/ no e

I understood exactly what you were getting @ as I had the same reaction, unfortunately there are a lot of people around here who like to toot their own horns and act like they are some kind of gods or something :P . I've learned to tune them out for the most part it just gets a tad bit annoying @ times. As far as these dumb kids go I'm really surprised they didn't get killed WOW talk about STUPID!

#35 User is offline   Deuceds02 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:22 AM

View Postmr. thunderclese, on Apr 15 2008, 12:18 PM, said:

I gotta ask this cuz it really makes the point, when u 1st read this story what was your initial reaction... I'll bet it was along the same lines "as are u kidding" any logical person knows jumping out the trunk of a car shooting something at a cop is the dumbest thing you can do. i guess common sense was the reference, but as they say common sense ain't common.

i was wondering about this filter as well since on the original post i didn't swear or try to dodge the filter what was filtered was "effing" w/ no e

I understood exactly what you were getting @ as I had the same reaction, unfortunately there are a lot of people around here who like to toot their own horns and act like they are some kind of gods or something :P . I've learned to tune them out for the most part it just gets a tad bit annoying @ times. As far as these dumb kids go I'm really surprised they didn't get killed WOW talk about STUPID!

ok, i thought it was me for a second, i'm glad someone agrees, i guess i'll stick to just lurking around and looking for tips, if this is how u get treated when u try to contribute to a forum that you enjoy. I doubt i'll post anything here in the future. I hope this is not how you treat people at your fields of play b/c this would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

#36 User is offline   SWAT SAINT 

• SAINT of SWAT
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SWAT SAINT

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:53 AM

Deuceds all that was being said in the begining was that the way it was read with out speaking with you was as if the person who wrote the post did not agree with the arrest of the suspects(The dogding of the filter also didnt help the veiw of the post.) Upon speaking withyou Im sure we understand that you are on the right side of our little world we call paintball. We in no way treid to attack your charector since you seem like a good role model for our sport. Thereis no needfor anyone to get hot under the caller over a mis comunication.
John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

#37 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:59 AM

Miscommunication destroys threads. Seriously. :mellow:

Why don't we all just calm down now, but I do have to originally side with Puzuma and Thalion. We forum folks have to write in a way that properly represents our views. That is why I typically have long posts and use icons -- to try and be perfectly clear in what I wish to convey.

Anyway, I have no tolerance for idiots like those in said article.
Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues

#38 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:00 AM

View PostDeuceds02, on Apr 15 2008, 12:18 PM, said:

Puz u say "Everyone on this forum likes to have fun and loves paintball. None of us want it to be used in such an asinine manner and we certainly do not want members who promote such behavior here."

This is exactly my point of reference for "are you kiddin me" i didn't think i'd have to clarify that this is wrong to a forum full of avid paintball players...

Deuce - The way you meant it is how I took it. At first I didn't understand what the commotions was about. Nobody's fault. Just something to remember for later.

#39 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:09 AM

Had you post this under other circumstance I probably wouldn't have reacted the way I did. In the last week we've had at least 4 bannings (one of which was a banned member trying to sneak back in) and I've lost count of the number of other standard warns that have been given out. Most of the time the forum flow smoothly. This week has just been plain ugly and I'm a bit over wound. I'd love to go out and shoot some paint to mellow out a bit but can't do that due to a hand injury. I can barely hold a coffee never mind a marker. And as much as people want to believe that forum staff are inhuman and don't let personal life get in the way of things that happens too.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#40 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:23 AM

View PostPuzuma, on Apr 15 2008, 01:09 PM, said:

Had you post this under other circumstance I probably wouldn't have reacted the way I did. In the last week we've had at least 4 bannings (one of which was a banned member trying to sneak back in) and I've lost count of the number of other standard warns that have been given out. Most of the time the forum flow smoothly. This week has just been plain ugly and I'm a bit over wound. I'd love to go out and shoot some paint to mellow out a bit but can't do that due to a hand injury. I can barely hold a coffee never mind a marker. And as much as people want to believe that forum staff are inhuman and don't let personal life get in the way of things that happens too.

I'd have to say the Mods and Admins have always been very fair when I have been around. Ghost has given me and some others plenty of leash in topics dealing with religion. If you follow the rules (they exist for a good reason) then you shouldn't have any problems.

Sorry to hear about the hand Puzuma.
Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues

#41 User is offline   Deuceds02 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:54 PM

Just an update on the story: taken directly from 7/8/08 connecticut post

3 in plea deal for paint ball prank
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Article Last Updated: 07/08/2008 11:24:25 AM EDT

NORWALK — Three Bridgeport men have accepted plea deals on charges involving the firing of a paint ball gun at a Westport police officer.
The incident occurred after Officer Richard Bagley stopped a car with a defective license plate light on April 10. When Bagley walked up to the vehicle, its rear hatch opened and one man fired a paint ball gun at him.

Police say that thinking he was under fire, Bagley dove to the ground.

Twenty-five-year-old Jaret Ortiz, 19-year-old Juan Carlos Trinidad-Cosme and 20-year-old Octavio Real were facing more than 20 years in prison.

In court Monday, Ortiz pleaded guilty to assault on a police officer and is facing a maximum of six years.

The other two suspects face a maximum two years in prison.

#42 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:01 PM

I smell... acts... on carrying paintball markers... coming soon... sniff sniff...

faith in humanity -2

However, i do believe people are looking simply at how much jerks the people really are, not what they're jerking around with. Stolen car flashes a bigger flag to me than paintball gun. And when I hear paintball gun I only think about "he assaulted officers" not "he assaulted officers with a paintball gun, those must be bad, we need to ban them." I am SURE most of humanity thinks the same as me. Paintball won't be in danger by these means alone, i feel it takes paintball players to endanger the sport. We are safe from these incidents because we know how to use them safely. The guy could have thrown footballs at the officers, people would laugh, but football wouldn't be banned. I think there are still rational people on this earth

faith in humanity+3

I don't know why, but i'm particularly proud of this post. Just thought you guys should know. How selfish is I.

This post has been edited by TREE FITTY: 08 July 2008 - 01:02 PM

did I die for a second there?...

#43 User is offline   Bobbjoe 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bobbjoe

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

I wish they'd treat it like it was a gun that was used.

I Choose not to Conform to the Stereotypical Conformities that Stereotypical Conformative Society Conforms to.
What now?

#44 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:06 PM

eh, nvm

This post has been edited by T-Freak: 08 July 2008 - 01:06 PM

Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#45 User is offline   Stang  

• Invictus
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:36 PM

View PostDeuceds02, on Apr 15 2008, 12:22 PM, said:

View Postmr. thunderclese, on Apr 15 2008, 12:18 PM, said:

I understood exactly what you were getting @ as I had the same reaction, unfortunately there are a lot of people around here who like to toot their own horns and act like they are some kind of gods or something :( . I've learned to tune them out for the most part it just gets a tad bit annoying @ times. As far as these dumb kids go I'm really surprised they didn't get killed WOW talk about STUPID!

ok, i thought it was me for a second, i'm glad someone agrees, i guess i'll stick to just lurking around and looking for tips, if this is how u get treated when u try to contribute to a forum that you enjoy. I doubt i'll post anything here in the future. I hope this is not how you treat people at your fields of play b/c this would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Everyone here agrees with your stance on the inappropriateness of their behavior. The problem is the way you phrased it it appeared that you were offended by their punishment, not their action. When you proceeded to dodge our swear filter, and then get defensive and mouth off to the administrator it just dug your hole deeper. Simply explaining that you meant the action was offensive to you as opposed to the punishment for it would have been taken much better. If you cant handle being told not to curse in an all age appropriate area and can't handle being punished for behaving badly than I don't want you at my field anyways. Have a good day.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users