Special Ops Paintball: The super "what is better?" Thread - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The super "what is better?" Thread Rate Topic: ****- 3 Votes

#31 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:20 PM

good post, good for brand newbians

#32 User is offline   insyne 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:insyne

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:21 AM

had I have been a newb, this woulda helped. lol. But seriously, nice. Most people don't utilize your pro shop. Most of the guns are hanging on a wall behind the counter at my shop, I'm sure they'd let you play with it, hold it, and see if it's right for you, considering most guns start at $150 for something half decent. Mine was 200, but I only got a tippmann 98custom. I dunno about letting another player try my gun, but i might consider it... Definatly go to a pro shop if you're going to even think about getting a gun. You may see guns you normally see at Dicks and Sports Authority, or even Walmart...but will they open the package and let you hold it, etc? No. So try em out at the pro shop, and buy it at walmart or something if your return policy sucks at the pro shop. :P Walmart takes anything back, remember that kids...
Practice safe paintball....wear a condom.
<- get your mind outta the gutter.

#33 User is offline   runway227 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:33 AM

I'm looking into purchasing a first gun. I've come down to deciding between a Spyder MR1 and a Tippmann 98 custom. I've used the 98 (they rent them at my field) and I've seen the MR1 used and it looks really good for woodsball. My cousin is has been paintballing for years and he advised me to get the Spyder because they are supposedly more versatile than tippmann. If anyone has any advice on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Runway227

#34 User is offline   roflmywaffles 

• RoflMyWaffles
  • PipPip

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:02 AM

you can also ask pro shops to gas up a marker and let you shoot it a few times.
205 BrowniePoints!

#35 User is offline   Iron Eagle 

• Emotionally Exhausted & Morally Bankrupt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Angry Badger

Posted 14 December 2008 - 05:32 PM

If I had a choice, it would be the 98. Its a decent marker, and its fairly upgradable, more than the MR1.
Ambassador of intelligence, deliverer of logic, mirror to the obvious

#36 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:23 PM

View Postrunway227, on Jun 16 2008, 10:33 AM, said:

I'm looking into purchasing a first gun. I've come down to deciding between a Spyder MR1 and a Tippmann 98 custom. I've used the 98 (they rent them at my field) and I've seen the MR1 used and it looks really good for woodsball. My cousin is has been paintballing for years and he advised me to get the Spyder because they are supposedly more versatile than tippmann. If anyone has any advice on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Runway227

acually I think he is quite right, the MR1 cones with a removable sock, with or without the stock its quite light itself.
The marker can achive much more then a 98 can, I believe that the trigger is a little better, and the fact that its lightwieght will help, Alot

I'd say go for the Spyder.
infact if you can find it in your heart to bump yerself up to the E-MR1 I think you will also enjoy that alot.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users