• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stiffi Review Rate Topic: -----

#31 Guest_SWATORNOT_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 January 2006 - 04:14 PM

Most tourney players are straight up dedicated to DYE, Empire, or something else and totally bash other competitors. I have acuumulated different barrels over time and it is a bit of money after I look at it, but you have the personal experience and choices for other barrels.

Some people jump right into the top end stuff and do actually save money, but you also lose the sense of "what was it like before this" and you get this idea of a super barrel and are dissapointed. Then a person starts bashing the product or simply just looks for something better and says that the cheaper or other barrel was way better then the high end one... That might be a bit of a comlicated situtation there, but its true and does happen.

If they think the Stiffi down-right sucks then why is it they sponsor so many teams in the tourney scene and so many people love them? Why do they claim "it's all hype" when DYE, EMPIRE, and the other big brands are all "hyped" as well?

Some people simply hate them because of having to use a rubber squegee which is by far the dumbest excuse I have ever heard for a barrel being "sucky." The barrel out performs more, is super light-weightl; which people argue pointlessly that it affects you accuracy some how :rolleyes: . Some people just get comfortable with a setup and dont like change or simply can't adapt well.

Just take a look at the teams sponsored by the company... that should tell you it's not a "sucky" barrel....

http://www.sitemfg.c...-sponsored.html

SWATORNOT :ph34r:

#32 User is offline   Swamphawk7 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Swamphawk7

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:41 AM

lot of good info here , thanks guys .

Just wanted to jump in and say I recieved my 12" .691 STIFFI yesterday . ( A-5 )

Well , it's great . Shooting darts using EVIL . Target was a small ceramic flower pot . "testing" was at night . Aimed ,pulled the trigger and to my suprise *Plink* *Plink* *Plink* Hit/miss ratio WAY up from the barrel I was using. RT bursts were pretty much ball on bal .

-Take care all

This post has been edited by Swamphawk7: 25 January 2006 - 01:56 PM

#33 User is offline   Echo-9 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Echo-9

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:36 PM

I'm not saying i believe them, i'm just saying that some people have advised me against them. It's not detering me yet.

I have shot with guns where i would like to wrap the barrel around a tree and i will appreciate the accuracy this barrel will provide.

New question: Is there a performance differance between a two piece Siffi or a single peice? I'm a woodsball player, (Unless its too cold to play well outside, then i play indoor speedball) so i'm wondering if there is a differance. I've always thought a two piece is more for tourny players (better at close range than long) and a single piece is more a woodsball thing(longer ranges, more cover), or is that a big misconception?

Which would you recommend for me? (Bear in mind its for an A-5)

#34 Guest_SWATORNOT_*

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:41 PM

The two-piece is nothing more than the barrel kit (Switch Kit). Having this is no neceesarily "better", but it does allow you to batter match various brands/sizes of paint.

With a single piece or the "regular" Stiffi, you will still get great results and performance, you just won't have the option for matching various sizes closer as you would with a Switch Kit.

I have used the regular Stiffi on my A-5 for over a year with various paints, once I located 3 specific brands that worked great I stuck with them. I had a few others who used the Switch Kit and loved them as well but, they very rarely got use out of the "Kit" options since we stuck with one field paint.

The choice between the Kit and Regular Stiffi is entirely up to you at this point. Niether of the two however will be a dissapointment :D .

#35 User is offline   Chibbs 

• Team Voodoo
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chibbs

Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:16 AM

I SOLVED THE UNTIMATE STIFFI QUESTION

ive seen many people wonder its carbon fibre isnt it gunna break?
or Its so light i feel like im gunna break it
simmular stuff to that well here it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this summer durring some hard use i had a small chip in the end of the barrel which hasnt affected anything to this point. Now the other day i was running and tripped while going down hill, i hit the ground hard barrel 1st, honestly i was expecting to look at my gun and see my barrels in pieces, but i looked at it and it didnt even have another chip :P

Proudly Sponsored by and Affiliated with: Smart Parts l Player Paintball l Bonusball King l Hater Paintball l Voodoo Paintball l EMR Paintball Park l Dark Ops Paintball
l A+ Anodizing l HAH DIGITAL l Fogtech l "Paintball is the Voodoo, that we do, so well." l Information on Poison Ivy

#36 User is offline   Echo-9 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Echo-9

Posted 22 January 2006 - 02:04 PM

Is the Switch kit avaiable for an A-5? Because i havent found it for anything but a bunch of tourny guns.

#37 Guest_SWATORNOT_*

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:21 PM

I dont believe there is one for the A5, you will simply need to purchase a Thread adapter from Spyder to A5 or Cocker to A5, w/e you end up buying for the Switch kit thread, you just need the thread adapter to the A5 threads.

#38 User is offline   jiu-jitsu fighter 

• Would you rather me barrel tag you or choke you unconscious
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jiu-Jitsu Fighter

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:30 AM

SWATORNOT, on Jan 10 2006, 04:14 PM, said:

Most tourney players are straight up dedicated to DYE, Empire, or something else and totally bash other competitors. I have acuumulated different barrels over time and it is a bit of money after I look at it, but you have the personal experience and choices for other barrels.

Some people jump right into the top end stuff and do actually save money, but you also lose the sense of "what was it like before this" and you get this idea of a super barrel and are dissapointed. Then a person starts bashing the product or simply just looks for something better and says that the cheaper or other barrel was way better then the high end one... That might be a bit of a comlicated situtation there, but its true and does happen.

If they think the Stiffi down-right sucks then why is it they sponsor so many teams in the tourney scene and so many people love them? Why do they claim "it's all hype" when DYE, EMPIRE, and the other big brands are all "hyped" as well?

Some people simply hate them because of having to use a rubber squegee which is by far the dumbest excuse I have ever heard for a barrel being "sucky." The barrel out performs more, is super light-weightl; which people argue pointlessly that it affects you accuracy some how :rolleyes: . Some people just get comfortable with a setup and dont like change or simply can't adapt well.

Just take a look at the teams sponsored by the company... that should tell you it's not a "sucky" barrel....

http://www.sitemfg.c...-sponsored.html

As far as your sponser. I have heard of two teams. I have looked through all the paintball mags. And In one magazine I saw 2 stiffi barrels. Most had dye, smart parts, or cp.

For instance here is the a couple of teams dye sponser Dye sponsorships and they have more recongizable teams. Does that neccessarily mean they are better...NO. Sponsorship really has nothing to do with the quailty of their products. Alot of teams will look for sponsorships just so they don't have to pay to play.

You also forgot though some people have actually shot and played with the barrel which also could mean why they think it is "sucky". I played with my brothers. I didnt have that many balls curve when I played with my stock barrel. And before I hear the paint to barrel match he has the stiffi switch kit. It wasn't as quiet as everyone says either. Though not that loud, I have heard quieter barrels, dye, all american, kaner. Just to name a few.

Like I said before. My ultralite is just a .689 one piece barrel. And it shot the paint better than the stiffi kit did. And was much more quieter.

But like you said about getitng th ebarrel and not being dissapointed. Well, it is entirely up to the person and what they are used to shooting. If you are coming from a stock barrle then yeah you want be dissapointed. If you are coming from a better barrel then yeah there is a chance that you could or could not be disappointed.

My brother said his is ok. He would rather use his kaner because he thinks it is better. I didn't like the stiffi at all. One other person just got a stiffi barrel shot it a couple of times and then sold it because he didn't like it either. And then some people at a different field got stiffi's and had bad luck with them also. So not many people around here have them. I know of well one now that has one and that is my brother. And that is driving 45 mins out of the way. Not only that they are uglier than sin.

They do make them for the a-5. A-5 Stiffi barrel. They come in 10" up to 16".

If you get one I wish you the best of luck with it. I think besides the look and the rubber squeege deal, I might like them if people hadn't of hyped them up so much. Yeha people hyped up dye alittl ebit too. But everytime I got my dye barrels they lived up to the hype.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.

My feedback

#39 User is offline   vasmir 

• Delta Paintball Team
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:vasmir

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:11 AM

Echo-9, on Jan 22 2006, 02:04 PM, said:

Is the Switch kit avaiable for an A-5? Because i havent found it for anything but a bunch of tourny guns.

you really shouldnt need the switch for the A5. The backs are only an inch and a half long, and they're meant more for markers without ball detents (like cockers) than anything else.

For your A5 a one peice stiffi is more than enough, especially when you consider that for the swtich you're paying another 100 bucks for virtually no increase in accuracy.

#40 User is offline   jiu-jitsu fighter 

• Would you rather me barrel tag you or choke you unconscious
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jiu-Jitsu Fighter

Posted 24 January 2006 - 06:06 AM

Cockers have ball detents.

It is to match the right size paint to bore ratio to get better consistancy on your shoots, as far as a tighter pattern, truer flight, and it also helps on sound reduction.

This post has been edited by jiu-jitsu fighter: 24 January 2006 - 06:07 AM

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.

My feedback

#41 User is offline   Stealthchip 

• Stealthchip
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Stealthchip

Posted 07 February 2006 - 04:34 PM

I hear it gets good competition from the boomstick... I have one and its nice and all, but its for my old spyder, im probably gettin a stiffi for my ion

#42 User is offline   Naked Ninja 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:NakedNinja_13124

Posted 01 March 2006 - 07:59 PM

I currently have a flatline barrel and want to switch to a stiffi. I wanted to know if the stiffi's accuracy can max out or do good in shorter barrels rather than the full clunky 16"in, since I play in pretty dense areas.

#43 User is offline   Dr. Wiggy 

• "God. Duty. Honor. Country."
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dr. Wiggy

Post icon  Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:18 PM

I have the 12' and works like a dream............*drools*

Don't get anything over 14' it just takes away from your range, and air supply.....

God Bless,
Doc
The honorable freak of nature; Dr. Wiggy presiding.
Posted Image
The "Suicidal Ref"

Become Elite. Don't Cheat.

#44 User is offline   Dr. Wiggy 

• "God. Duty. Honor. Country."
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dr. Wiggy

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:15 AM

bump
The honorable freak of nature; Dr. Wiggy presiding.
Posted Image
The "Suicidal Ref"

Become Elite. Don't Cheat.

#45 User is offline   silverbandit91 

• dead silence
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dead silence

Posted 12 June 2006 - 06:59 PM

I'm thinking of getting a stiffi for my A-5 but I have no way of doing a bore to paint match since I have to use field paint. At my field they use a paint labeled primium and well, that doesn't really help me much. So basicly i was wondering if the stiffi is a picky barrel and if I should buy it?

If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!

official smart parts owner #93

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users