• You cannot reply to this topic

apex question

#1 User is offline   Gunner.30 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:gunner.50

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

had a funny though dont know if anyone has tried it but if ya want some extra range could u hood a apex tip to a flatline? would it give it even more back spin or do nothing lol just an idea that popped into my head..... :huh:
SPEC. OPS. SWORD BEACH '07 *INVASION *OF* NORMANDY*
My grandma always used to say," Some men wear makeup, some men carry big guns, which one would you rather be?"-JKLNHYD
BROADSWORD
-we bring the fire to the firefight

#2 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

Hhhhmmmm, i dont really know. I'll ask around though. I dont have a apex to try this on, but I will ask around.

http://www.x7og.net/...html#post665004

#3 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

There is a point of deminishing return on back spin.

You get to see the effects by using an original Flat Line barrel with the velocity too high. The ball actually climbs after leaving the barrel. Once the ball slows done enough to level out you have usually over shot your target...or the range becomes so great that the ball loses enough velocity to break on impact. The increased spin increases range yes, but after so far there is just not enough umph to score a hit. I have seen em bounce off buildings.

Nice thought....maybe you can play a game of 400' catch with paintballs?

#4 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Odd thoughts while listening to classic rock anthems of days gone by, and other lifetimes ...

There would be quite a few challenges to accomplish this. For one the adapter between the two barrels would have to be exact or you would have a blender on your hands. Also, the flight of the paintball from a flatline is .. well... flat... the trajectory from an apex is an immediate dive then it climbs. Because of that drop then climb, i would think that you would place it after the flatline.

One thing for sure is that you wouldn't hide much because the length of the barrel would give you away. Also this would be a gas hog. A flatline and apex require a little more energy to induce the backspins on the balls.. now you would be doing that twice. More gas. And i seriously doubt that you would get any further distance. You will still only be traveling at 300 fps max, so whichever barrel it leaves from last to achieve that fps, it will exhibit those characteristics.

This post has been edited by klaatu: 18 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

#5 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

You can eliminate the the dive and climb of the Apex by lowering the velocity on the gun. Typically Flatlines work best at the 265fps range. Take the Apex down there and you see the dive and climb go away.

#6 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

View PostKrazy8, on 19 April 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

You can eliminate the the dive and climb of the Apex by lowering the velocity on the gun. Typically Flatlines work best at the 265fps range. Take the Apex down there and you see the dive and climb go away.

you know i had heard that, but i didn't want to dial down to 265 because of the lack of velocity and the paintballs bouncing on contact instead of bursting. Interesting

BUT, eeregardless, i stand by earlier statement that the ball would not go any further or faster by joining the two barrels together. if anything, it would have a negative effect as in using more air, etc.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users