• You cannot reply to this topic

Pump confusion Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:37 PM

You can add the stock yourself. It's only 2 bolts you need to tighten in the bottom of the grip frame.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#47 User is offline   BlueEnigma 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BlueEnigma

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:38 PM

yea that will defiantly be a later add on then. My cousins had stocks on their tippmanns and i never really liked the feel of it.
The only thing that never changes is change.

#48 User is offline   Mike68 

• "Have a sense of preservation!"
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:06 PM

View PostBlueEnigma, on 27 July 2010 - 04:38 PM, said:

yea that will defiantly be a later add on then. My cousins had stocks on their tippmanns and i never really liked the feel of it.

IMO, a stock, or some way to stabilize a pump, makes a big difference. It helps to stabilize the marker as you pump, so you can shoot tighter shot-to-shot groupings. The added weight of a T or L stock is negated by the support your shoulder gives, so it doesn't make it a lot heavier. However, that's just been my experience with one. Plenty of people play pump without a stock and feel no need for one.

I'm privy to straighter stocks, which is why I got the Lapco. I tried a friends telescoping T stock, and I found the downward angle too severe for my preference.
"My greatest fear is that when I die, no one will remember me."

-Some dead guy

#49 User is offline   BlueEnigma 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:22 PM

Yea i understand it but a lot of the times i dont play like that. but i will keep my mind open to the adding of a stock after i get the phantom.

#50 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:19 PM

A milsim stock out the rear of a tippmann is lightyears differnt then a bottomline stock on a phantom or even an backbottle ASA mounted quick changer stock. The Tippy coming out the rear makes it IMPOSSIBLE to sight down the barrel without a sight rail riser or offset, it usually then just becomes added useless weight. WIth a pump, they are usually mounted on the bottomline, which opens up the top of the marker so you can EASILY sight down the barrel without the need for added crap. Even a backbottle ASA mounted 12 gram changer stock like a Micro CA feels great, cause it is angled down, sitting the marker up higher, once agian freeing up a clear sight down the barrel.

You don't need a stock on a marker. I play without one often. But they come in handy when trying to hold a steady shot down, or if you choose to auto trigger, it will be an invaluable assett to have, it will help keep your shots on target.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#51 User is offline   BlueEnigma 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:55 AM

Thanks for the insight leg

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users