Special Ops Paintball: BARRELS!!!!!!!! - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BARRELS!!!!!!!! I have lot of experience with barrels...

#1 User is offline   Texas Trigger 

• Nothin' but the rain...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:14 PM

If anyone is looking for a good barrel, I highly recommend an empire Twister. It has internal rifling like a real gun. I have one and it has the best accuracy, range, and is pretty quiet. It comes in black 14,13,12,16,and 10 inch. Its about $60, a little hefty, but better than the overrated boomstick($120). Smart parts tear drop is good too, but not as good, and a little less expensive.($45) I will warn you now, DON'T GET A THIRTY-TWO DEGREES BARREL!!!!
I'm here, Benjie, I'm here, I said, clasping his hand on my arm.
Help me Rootie, my legs won't move.
Aw Benjie, it'll be okay Benj, I'll give you mine

USAFA '12.

#2 User is offline   MaDMikE 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 November 2004 - 10:30 PM

IRONSPARTAN, on Nov 15 2004, 07:14 PM, said:

If anyone is looking for a good barrel, I highly recommend an empire Twister.  It has internal rifling like a real gun.  I have one and it has the best accuracy, range, and is pretty quiet.  It comes in black 14,13,12,16,and 10 inch.  Its about $60, a little hefty, but better than the overrated boomstick($120).  Smart parts tear drop is good too, but not as good, and a little less expensive.($45)  I will warn you now, DON'T GET A THIRTY-TWO DEGREES BARREL!!!!

I don't know whats so wrong with a 32 dergrees barrel. I don't have one, i use pmi barrels, but i almost bought one.

#3 User is offline   ShadoAngel 

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:SHADOANGEL

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:41 PM

Something I've noticed with barrels that I'm not sure anyone else has. Maybe it's common knowledge. No barrel really "adds length" to your maxium shot. It's a paintball marker, they all shoot about the same distance. However, I've seen a drastic difference in how flat the trajectory of the ball is with my 14 inch barrel [ThunderPig's QuietBarrel] compared to the stock 98C barrel. I can't shoot farther with one than the other, but I can shoot straighter. Makes it much easier to shoot through light brush and trees when you don't have to arch it - at all.

Maybe everyone knew that. I dunno.
ShadoAngel | My BST Feedback Thread

#4 User is offline   Jon Wayne 

• PWEI
  • PipPip

Posted 16 November 2004 - 06:39 AM

I think that the Flatlines definitely add some distance ot a shot.

I heard a wise man once say that there is a lot of myth when it comes to barrels. As long as you have a smooth surface with good bore/paint match and decent porting, you should have a decent barrel.

Just my 2 cents. And a paraphrase of the opinion of a wise man that we all know...

#5 Guest_Pale Rider_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:52 AM

I, have personally done an extensive amount of study and test on barrels. There are a few myths out there that surface when this discussion begins. The Tippmann flat line barrel is the exception.

All barrels will shot about the same distance, about the same trajectory, accuracy being the only real difference. (All other things being equal i.e. good paint, good bore match, same FPS, ect). There is no magic barrel; they all have to obey the laws of physics. Companies that market barrels as "sniper" or this barrel will add distance to your shot are full of crap. it is physically imposable. (Again except the Flat line)

In my humble opinion there is no best barrel, there are some better than others. I shoot and A-5A2 and I have tested the J&J ceramic 14" , Lapco big shot 8, 12" and the Empire twister. My test was from a bench rest at a 9" target 90 feet from the bench. I shot 4 groups of 10 rounds from each barrel. I used a medium grade paint (tork) I used 275+/- FPS I re chroned after each 10 shots. The average numbers of hits per/ ten shots are as follows:
Empire 7/10
J&J Ceramic 7/10
Lapco 12" 7/10
Lapco 8" 6.5/10

Also remember that the paint we use in our markers is the weak link. An oblong heavy seamed liquid filled ball has no hope of being accurate. ;)

Here are my references
Lapco Barrel Challange
PAINTBALL DYNAMICS
Paintball basics

Ther is a lot of material in these links, But if you want to know how a paintballs act and fly it's a good read.

Hope this information is helpfull B)

#6 User is offline   ShadoAngel 

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2004 - 12:18 PM

I'm so used to the Flatline being the exception I forget to mention it. No OTHER barrel BESIDES the flatline adds distance to your shots. The Flatline definately does. You don't even have to measure it, when my friend fires his A-5, you can see that it's travelling farther...

#7 User is offline   wildbill 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 November 2004 - 01:37 PM

I have shot and owned a dozen different brand barrels throughout the years and the top 3 all time best barrels I ever used that weren't ball picky and shot great are as follows-
32 degrees Ice Cold- one of the best
32 degrees Carbon Fiber - currently using this baby- so far so good
All- American - one of the best

Lapco Bigshot - average at best

Teardrop- Pitiful

JJ Ceramic- fair

Thunderpig- pathetic, just as soon have stock

flatline- fair to average, more trouble than they are worth, and yes I know this is flatline territory.....LOL

Progressive- poor

CP - average

But one thing I have noticed - most are better than stock and most will shoot about as good as you need as far as accuracy goes, some just shoot that little bit better.
If someone handed me a free barrel gift certificate today, I would cash it in on an All- American more than likely. If I had to fork over the dough, I would take the 32 Degrees Carbon Fiber or Ice Cold, either won't steer you wrong.

The key to them all is keep 'em clean and they will do their very best and please shoot some decent paint. Don't go buy some of that junk at walmart that has been there since last Christmas and then go bad mouthing the barrel....lol.

But just like markers and everything else in this world, beauty is in the eye of the beholder..... ;)

#8 User is offline   Rubio 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 November 2004 - 05:31 PM

I have had several barrels.

stock- dont even get me started!

14 inch CP- accurate but loud

21 inch Demon- piece of S***!

14 inch JJ- quite and accurate

16 inch JJ- best for the price! quite and accurate.

flatline- great distance, but i dont use it because it gives me away.

#9 User is offline   k13fer 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:48 PM

what is the greatest cheepest barrle?

#10 User is offline   167 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:52 AM

got a 32 degrees quite riot for $5 once :o Came with a field strip kit, and a double trigger gaurd too. So I guess if you factor in the other stuff and divide that $5 by three it is more like $1.75 :D

#11 User is offline   Gabriel 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:59 AM

i was wondering if anyone here shoots the Xshort barrel by jcs
and do they love it as much as i do

View My Special Ops Brigade Page

#12 User is offline   Texas Trigger 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2004 - 04:21 PM

I don't have problems with every 32 degrees barrel....maybe I should have worded my post a little different. I used to own a silver 32 degrees nite stickk. It was so shiny that it gave me away during a night game. It was also inconsistent. I'd fire one shot and it would go a certain distance, I'd fire another and it would have a completely different trajectory. I'm just really pissed off at 32 degrees cause a gun I bought from them broke for no apparent reason. Maybe there are some good 32 degrees barrels out there, the nite stikk is the only one I've tested. Also, is it true you have to turn down your velocity on a flatline? I've heard that before, but never known for sure....By the way k13fer, I highly recommend a teardrop barrel.($45)

Master Sgt.
IRONSPARTAN

USAFA '12.

#13 User is offline   Texas Trigger 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2004 - 12:31 PM

Hey ShadoAngel, I noticed you live in San Antonio. I live in San Antonio too. Me and a friend are buildin' a woodsball course, maybe we could play a game some time.

Command Sgt.
IRONSPARTAN

P.S. visit my brigade page

USAFA '12.

#14 User is offline   ShadoAngel 

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2004 - 12:58 PM

holy cow. That's awesome! I don't see a link to your brigade page. Why don't you PM me, or use the link in my profile to email me, and we can talk.

#15 User is offline   Texas Trigger 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 20 November 2004 - 01:47 PM

There, I figured out how to add the link.

Command Sgt.
IRONSPARTAN

USAFA '12.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users