• You cannot reply to this topic

Etek 3 AM Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:04 PM

So, after a extremely long wait (due to that dumb volcano) My Etek 3 finally came in.

After unboxing the most gorgeous and useful packaging for paintball, I opened the aluminum case and there she was....dust black lol I put it together, threw my air tank and hopper on and ran over to the chrono station to see exactly what the FPS was out of the box. after a quick 5-10 round burst, I stepped up to the chrono. For the first 5 shots it shot, 276/278/280/276/280. There is no exaggeration at all, this seriously was the chrono speeds right out of the box. I was actually more happy that I didn't have to mess with the reg to get it under 280 lol. Anyways now onto gameplay.

The game gets going and the conditions were fair. Not to humid and the temperature was perfect a nice mid 60 degree day. The bore for the Etek 3 I believe is .693? I'm not 100% sure on this but correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways I was shooting Diablo heat and Valken paint. These two actually shot well considering they didn't match the bore the best. Out of 5 shots on a target about 75 ft away, I hit it 3 times. So the accuracy on it is pretty good and the consistency even better, The trigger is super nice, one of the best features on it. It's so customizable with 3 different screws to actually mess with to make the trigger fit your style. The stock board is easy as well. I won't get crazy into it but the basics of turning it on and off and turning the eyes on an off is simple. The weight of the gun itself is seriously like .2 grams heavier than the LT. Not to bad considering its all metal.

Also, the gun is basically out of the box a Ego 07/08. You get the Cure 3, and the Zick Kit 2 which both make the marker very smooth operating.

Overall the gun shot great it feels great, and the gun is simply beautiful. Look into this if your looking for a GREAT "mid" end gun that actually performs like a high-end gun.

Sean Connell
Team Member of Brute Force.
www.teambruteforce.net

Proudly sponsored by:

Planet Eclipse
Pinokio
Exalt
Energy Batteries
Paintball Supply shack
Paintball Showcase
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#2 User is offline   C-F0uR 

• You exist because we allow it; you will end because we demand it
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:C-F0uR

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:01 PM

View PostSFC. Connell, on Jul 1 2010, 08:04 PM, said:

Overall the gun shot great it feels great, and the gun is simply beautiful. Look into this if your looking for a GREAT "mid" end gun that actually performs like a high-end gun.

Already am, the LT version though. Can't wait!
Markers Owned: 32 Degrees Icon X (Sold) | Tippmann A5 (Sold) | Tippmann X7 serial no. 036020 (Sold) | Tippmann TPX serial no. 009351 | Soon to have Planet Eclipse Etek3
PS3 ID: Sk8ergamer
Home field: Zwackerz Paintball, VA
My Feedback

#3 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:41 AM

C-Four....your not going to regret it. It's a very nice gun, thing is so sweet haha
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#4 User is offline   PAINTSLINGER05 

• NCSU
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PAINTSLINGER05

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:02 PM

I agree with SFC. Connell. I have the etek 3 LT version, and it is simply amazing. It shoots *just like* the ego 7 or 8, just without the stupid QEV's that are so easy to mess up. Ive had mine for about 6 months now and have yet to have any problems. The only thing ive done to this marker is adjust the regulator to get the fps to field standards, cleaned the bolt/ram/etc after playing, and adjusted the trigger to my likings.
North Carolina State University Paintball Team Captain/President
Are you interested in joining the NCSU Wolfpack Paintball Club? Email me at naisenho@ncsu.edu

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users