Special Ops Paintball: Any fans of Tippmann.. Help. - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any fans of Tippmann.. Help. or just anyone that has good taste.

#31 User is offline   Shocktroop0351 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:18 PM

They should be simple, blunt, and emphasize pride in woodsball and Tippmann. Look at the specops banner at the top of the page. If that was an A5 decked out in MP5SD trim instead of a real MP5SD, you would probably have one there. Think of the impact a punisher skull has, or the jolly roger/ calico jack. Intimidation and attitude. They should also allude to Tippmann's roots as the definitive name in Woodsball/ tactical paintball. I would check Grunt.com or pipehittersunion.com and look at their T-Shirts, they kind of explain the effect I'm going for. I'm not saying copy them, but they both are places I've bought shirts from because I'm a vet and I like displaying that bond on my clothing. If you give Tippmann owners that same kind of bad ass intimidation/ Tippmann pride T-shirt I think they would buy it. I would. I especially like the idea of the Family tree/ evolution of Tippmann. I also liked the pics that callsignmars put up because they are simple, and would look cool in jeans or during a game. I wouldn't worry about trying to make something super trendy by colors or patterns, it seems like those kind of things change so quick. It also seems to be set by whoever is 18 that year, or maybe its because all the 18 year olds buy into it, kind of like skinny jeans. (No offense to anyone that is a teenager right now, I was one too awhile ago) Either way, I would shoot for something that will look cool tomorrow, or in 10 years. Besides, majority of your Tippmann owners are into the woodsball/tactical style of play, and wouldn't want to look like a speedball player in flashy bright colors. I would interpret a kid wearing a Tippmann shirt in bright speedball colors and patterns as a poser. Another idea is get out and play some woodsball and see what kind of guys your working with. Most of the woodsballers I've ever known were regular joes, content with the T-shirt and jeans image. Just my thoughts on what I would look to produce, Good luck

#32 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

I like the Black shirts with Red 'Tippmann' across the chest and white gun. But for the TPX, put it down near the hip, like it's holstered :D

Or Camo T with Black 'Tippmann' across the chest. On the back it can say "This is my jersey" or something to that effect.

Also, I want one in purple.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#33 User is offline   txhazard 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:28 PM

Come up with shirts that have cool little one liners, Tippmann Flatline..."Reach out and touch someone." maybe not that, but you get my point. Id even to go as far and ask the forum for inspiration.
"Molon Labe"

#34 User is offline   JJ GBR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:JJ GBR

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:02 AM

Thread's a bit old, but hey-ho.

A large, white outline (on a black T) of an A5A2, X7 M4, or any other realistic looking (paintball) gun, with 'Do i look like i play tournaments?' on the back.

#35 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:41 AM

JJ GBR, on May 8 2010, 05:02 PM, said:

Thread's a bit old, but hey-ho.

A large, white outline (on a black T) of an A5A2, X7 M4, or any other realistic looking (paintball) gun, with 'Do i look like i play tournaments?' on the back.

Posted Image
(Previously a Wild Geese exclusive, later to the select few lucky enough to get their surplus)
Hi JJ!

#36 User is offline   JJ GBR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:JJ GBR

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:55 PM

That's where i got the idea from, i thought it fair game as the geese stopped making them. And yeah, i'm back. The join date doesn't really match the post count :) . Congrats on the lips sponsorship by the way.

#37 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:24 PM

JJ GBR, on May 8 2010, 08:55 PM, said:

That's where i got the idea from, i thought it fair game as the geese stopped making them. And yeah, i'm back. The join date doesn't really match the post count :P . Congrats on the lips sponsorship by the way.

Ta for that.

If you have not done so already you could try contacting Mike of the Geese in case he has one left, but I think they shifted fast.

Alternately as a custom one off I can recommend the t-shirt iron on transfer paper to print and make your own, but instructions will say to leave a clear edge when cutting around, I prefer to cut up to the edge to avoid the shiney outline. (But an iron on wouldn't achive white print, though a red print may look good - and match Tippmann red)

Check out the designs on Tippmann.coms downloads

e.g. I reckon get a marker line diagram, the 'Do I look....' and optionaly Tippmann from one of these sticker templates http://www.tippmann....s/stickers.aspx

Reverse it all and you have t-shirt template

A line diagram will end up shiney due to emoty space with an iron on transfer, but you overlay on a splat or something.

Posted Image

An alternate text - 'Do I look like a power ranger?' but it may not make sense to some people, or can offend in the wrong circles.
(My comment at the NvS southern captains meeting to throw some baloons across the open ground to encourage the speedballers went down well with some present but not all of them!)

This post has been edited by Tommikka: 09 May 2010 - 01:28 PM

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users