• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Referee's code? Creed? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#16 User is offline   cjottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:14 AM

View PostWakewarrior7, on Mar 8 2007, 11:01 AM, said:

... when the sport starts picking up ref's who know their role and follow it, then the sport as a whole will mature.

I don't see this happening, unfortunately.

The refs at my field are, mostly, high-school kids. The field owners want to keep payroll expenses low and this makes reffing a "McJob."

I've seen hidden camera video of a ref smoking on the field ... so apparently "McRefs" are a problem all over, not just around my city.

I see outlaw paintball becoming more popular with regular players because they can safely self-police, servicing themselves better than organized fields would, for less money.

#17 User is offline   emr_ambush_alpha67 

• ambush AkA the law
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ambush_alpha67

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:24 AM

ok well im a highschooler i ref at emr paintball in pa. and i dont consider my job a "MCJOB" now as for emr's home team and castle conquest main refs dragon force andcandaian contegent they are certified refs and so arnt all the refs at emr (inclouding me). i have seen full grown refs wereing jt flex masks smoking cigarets on the field at places lke skirmish and other scenario fields. i could careless at the sight of this because hey your only kiling your slef so i dont see what the problem is whith smoking on the field.all of the refs at em know what were doing and none of us consider this a "McJob" sence were up there for not only paying weekends, but also for weekends were we go up and work on the fields to keep them in top shape for free. iv worked 3 days streight at the field with my winter dance on that weekend and glady gave it up just to work. so not all highschoolers take a ref job like the ones in your area. some of us take pride in it like its a whiteoloar job.

This post has been edited by emr_ambush_alpha67: 08 March 2007 - 11:26 AM

~RIP~ Owego Outlaws
NJ TITANS!!! HOW WE ROLLL!!!! SOOOOOUUUTTTHHHH SSSIIIDDDEEE!!!!
~I AM THE SLINKEY~

#18 User is offline   cjottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:09 PM

View Postemr_ambush_alpha67, on Mar 8 2007, 01:24 PM, said:

ok well im a highschooler i ref at emr paintball in pa. and i dont consider my job a "MCJOB" now as for emr's home team and castle conquest main refs dragon force and canadian contegent they are certified refs and so arnt all the refs at emr (inclouding me). i have seen full grown refs wereing jt flex masks smoking cigarets on the field at places lke skirmish and other scenario fields. i could careless at the sight of this because hey your only kiling your slef so i dont see what the problem is whith smoking on the field.all of the refs at em know what were doing and none of us consider this a "McJob" sence were up there for not only paying weekends, but also for weekends were we go up and work on the fields to keep them in top shape for free. iv worked 3 days streight at the field with my winter dance on that weekend and glady gave it up just to work. so not all highschoolers take a ref job like the ones in your area. some of us take pride in it like its a whiteoloar job.

No offense intended. I could have worded my comment differently but I'll explain what I meant.

Age isn't a factor but my point is sound: unless you treat your staff well and make keeping them a priority, people will try it for a while until something more satisfying or profitable comes along.

Even in poor working conditions, you're going to find people who go the extra mile to do a good job.
(edit: the above applies to all businesses, not just paintball)

It sounds like EMR staff are excellent; frankly, I've heard nothing but GOOD comments about EMR and I'd like to visit one of your big games someday. It sounds like a great working environment.

The problem is, if keeping staff and delivering excellent service aren't priorities for field owners, the good refs are going to eventually bail. That, to me, defines a McJob: if it's one people walk away from without 2nd thought. EMR doesn't sound like it fits that bill. My concern is EMR isn't a typical paintball field. My field has NO "certified" refs at all.

BTW: the smoking ref was at an indoor field where there were clearly "no smoking" signs posted all over. That's pretty "ign'ant."

This post has been edited by C.J.: 08 March 2007 - 05:22 PM

#19 User is offline   Dr. Wiggy 

• "God. Duty. Honor. Country."
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dr. Wiggy

Post icon  Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:28 PM

Now, we still have our refs of today who don't cheat players because they are being paid, we have ref's that want to get on a team, or think they are better than the people there. The big point is, ref's just don't seemingly care as much as they used to. Kids are getting paid in field fees and paint and don't take pride in what they are doing. when the sport starts picking up ref's who know their role and follow it, then the sport as a whole will mature.

Agreed.

I don't see this happening, unfortunately.

Agreed.

I don't believe that CJ was trying to point the finger at you emr, and I for one know PRECISLY what CJ is talking about.
It's a BIG problem down here in Louisiana aswell.

The Refs flat out told me that they hated Reffing and were ONLY doing it because they're on the sponsered team and they get free paint if they Ref once a week.

God Bless,
Doc

The honorable freak of nature; Dr. Wiggy presiding.
Posted Image
The "Suicidal Ref"

Become Elite. Don't Cheat.

#20 User is offline   emr_ambush_alpha67 

• ambush AkA the law
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ambush_alpha67

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:10 AM

View PostC.J., on Mar 8 2007, 12:09 PM, said:

[size=1]
No offense intended. I could have worded my comment differently but I'll explain what I meant.

Age isn't a factor but my point is sound: unless you treat your staff well and make keeping them a priority, people will try it for a while until something more satisfying or profitable comes along.

Even in poor working conditions, you're going to find people who go the extra mile to do a good job.
(edit: the above applies to all businesses, not just paintball)

It sounds like EMR staff are excellent; frankly, I've heard nothing but GOOD comments about EMR and I'd like to visit one of your big games someday. It sounds like a great working environment.

The problem is, if keeping staff and delivering excellent service aren't priorities for field owners, the good refs are going to eventually bail. That, to me, defines a McJob: if it's one people walk away from without 2nd thought. EMR doesn't sound like it fits that bill. My concern is EMR isn't a typical paintball field. My field has NO "certified" refs at all.

BTW: the smoking ref was at an indoor field where there were clearly "no smoking" signs posted all over. That's pretty "ign'ant."

ok no problem but when u do visit one of our big games u wil see that in every saftey speech and in every awards ceromy they will anounce that refs did a (however kind of job they did which is always good) and how they all take time out of there lives and come up work for free when they need us to work on buildings or whatnot. they also keep us a prioty on the field because the owner has omited that without us the field would be no where... we clen th goggles guns pod pack and the rec room. we clean the speedball bunkers... we do garbage duty on big events and small event( imagine 1200 people with garbage that needs to be taken care of). i dont meen to rant but soem fields do make there refs number 1 priority. unlkie skirmish(which i have a good friend that refs there and hes awsome(hes a mod shhhh...) which with as much people they get they should have more refs then there are. at stalengrad i only saw 2 or 3 diffrent refs the whole time.
ok now back to your normaly daily thread viewing
/end rant
~RIP~ Owego Outlaws
NJ TITANS!!! HOW WE ROLLL!!!! SOOOOOUUUTTTHHHH SSSIIIDDDEEE!!!!
~I AM THE SLINKEY~

#21 User is offline   Dr. Wiggy 

• PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:31 PM

/end rant

Fair enough.
Let's keep the rants out of this thread from here on out, ok guys?

I'm still up for any information that you would like me to add to the original post.
Please use SOME grammer when you do. :D

God Bless,
Doc

Posted Image
The "Suicidal Ref"

#22 User is offline   ironwasp 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ironwasp

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:29 PM

I agree that some refs are there just for the paint or money. Im one of the oldest refs at our feild, im 32 and ( except for the owner) all of the other refs are under 19 at our field. his three sons the oldest being 15 are very experienced and can be good refs but alot of times we have unexperienced refs and it makes my job that much harder when i have to correct player behavior that another ref has let slide. i dont think any ref should walk onto the feild without getting some speacial instruction on reffing first. maybe even a specified hours of training. I would love to see some sort of non profit reffing organization formed. In my state to get a hunting license you have to sit through a three day course first. you may not have to have it that long but at least then some standards would be set. Any feilds who puts there refs through it could boast they have certified refs. Any substandard or unsafe feild would be black flagged so to speak. Maybe we could even rank or track each refs service. I dont know how the NFL chooses there refs but im guessing they didnt just start off reffing the super bowl.
i will give up my marker only after you pry my cold rigid fingers from the trigger

#23 User is offline   Dr. Wiggy 

• PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:51 PM

Time for a bump........

God Bless,
Doc

This post has been edited by Dr. Wiggy: 17 May 2009 - 02:14 PM

Posted Image
The "Suicidal Ref"

#24 User is offline   Dr. Wiggy 

• PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:21 PM

Yes admins,
I am necroing this thread because I have knowledge that I feel needs to be added to this topic.

PTI REFEREE CODE OF ETHICS
The Paintball Training Institute sets the following Code of Ethics for Referees, which they all strive to maintain:

1. That I shall always maintain the utmost respect for the game of paintball.

2. That I will conduct myself honorably at all times and maintain the dignity of my position.

3. That I shall always honor a contractual obligation.

4. That I will endeavor to know the "Rules of the Game" and their proper interpretation.

5. That I will always strive to achieve maximum team work with my fellow referees.

6. That I shall be loyal to my fellow referees and linesmen, and never knowingly promote criticism of them.

7. That I shall be in good physical condition so as to be in the right place at the right time.

8. That I will control the players effectively by being courteous and considerate without sacrificing firmness.

9. That I shall do my utmost to assist my fellow officials to better themselves and their work.

10. That I shall not make statements about any game except to clarify an interpretation of the "Rules of the Game".

11. That I consider it a privilege to represent the Paintball Training Institute and I will strive to make my actions reflect credit upon that organization and its affiliates.

Before criticizing a referee, letís consider his/her commitment to being physically fit, attaining knowledge of the game, and applying patience and wisdom. By showing game officials the respect they deserve and making the same commitment to our roles in paintball that they have made, we will all enjoy the sport more.

PTI REFEREE CREED

I will make my presence be felt... rather than noticed
I will win friends... but won't violate principle
I will use my strong points to gain respect
I will be pleasant, but firm
I will spread confidence... not mistrust
I will be calm... under any and all pressure
I will my mannerisms... do they excite or soothe?
I will be consistent... always
I will remember that when I hesitate... I will soon lose control
I will assist... not resist fellow officials
I will protect my integrity
I will know the intent of the rule
I will be physically fit... groomed... and neatly dressed
I realize the rules are my guidelines for intelligent administration of the game
I won't "BLOW" in anticipation... I will be sure
I won't neglect flagrant fouls... they will only lead to trouble

Patience and Wisdom: These seem to run together and both take time on the job and the ability to learn from experience and apply that knowledge to situations at hand. In years of coaching and officiating, Iíve only seen one or two games start on time. The referee arrives ahead of time to check the field and goals for proper marking and condition. If both teams were ready for check-in twenty minutes before game time, the referee could get that done and call for captains well ahead of the starting time. However, the usual scenario sees the referee asking the coach if his/her team is ready and the coach saying "they arenít all here." Imagine the strain that puts on the patience of the referee who has another game to officiate a few minutes after the current game. Then he/she has to take time to position players, inspect equipment, and point out problems that may be corrected before the game. Then the referee must have the patience to accept or ignore abusive criticisms from sponsors, players and spectators who havenít even read the "Rules of the Game" and only know things did not go their teamís way. A referee must have the wisdom to make decisions that keep the "Good of Paintball" in the forefront. He/she could refuse to officiate a game that does not start on time and allow the non-offending team a win by forfeit. The referee knows forfeits are not what Paintball is about and that to punish a few wrongdoers would likewise punish the innocent. On the other hand, he/she must have the wisdom to know when it is safe to play and when conditions (human and weather) make continuing unsafe.

Referee Conduct
All officials must have a good working knowledge of the rules and mechanics. Very successful officials have an understanding of the human relations aspect of their jobs which is just as important as knowing the rules.

BE COMPETITIVE
The players give maximum effort, so should you. Tell yourself "I'm not going to let this game get away from me. I am better than that". You are hired to make the calls that control the game - Make them!

HAVE YOUR HEAD ON RIGHT
Don't think your striped shirt grants you immunity from having to take a little criticism. It's part of officiating. Plan on it. Successful officials know how much to take. Ask one when you get the chance. Many officials have local, regional, and even national status. Use their knowledge to help you become a better official.

DON'T BE A NAZI!
If a player is on your back but not enough to warrant a penalty, then stay away from him or her. This is especially true between games. Standing near an unhappy player, just to "show him", will only lead to further tensions. Some officials develop irritating characteristics know as a "power trip". Don't be one of them.

GET INTO THE FLOW OF THE GAME
Each game is different. Experienced officials can feel this difference. Concentrate on the reactions of the players. Take note if the tempo of the game changes. A ragged game calls for a different style of officiating from a smooth one.

SHOW CONFIDENCE
Cockiness has absolutely not place in officiating. You want to EXUDE confidence. Your presence should command respect from the participants. As in any walk of life, appearance, manner and voice determine how you are accepted. Try to present the proper image. Sometimes the best referee is the one that nobody knows what he or she looks like when the game is over.

ďFORGETĒ THE SPECTATORS
As a group, fans usually exhibit 3 characteristics: ignorance of the rules, highly emotional participation and delight in antagonizing the officials. The fans have a security blanket that they use well, that is, the referee does not know who they are and there usually isn't much that the referee can do when they become annoying. Simply accepting the fact that they WILL bother you will help you ignore the fans, unless they interrupt the game physically or stand in the way of you during your job.

ANSWER REASONABLE QUESTIONS
Treat spectators and players in a courteous manner. If they ask you a question reasonably, answer them in a polite way. If they get your ear by saying "Hey ref I want to ask you something," and start telling you off, interrupt and remind them of the reason for the discussion. Be firm but relaxed AND POLITE no matter how ignorant the participant is.

CHOOSE YOUR WORDS WISELY
A warning is not a threat. Do not obviously threaten a player. This will only put them on the defensive. More importantly, you will have placed yourself on the spot. If you feel a situation is serious enough to warrant a threat, then it is serious enough to penalize, without invoking a threat. Obviously some things you say will be a form of threat, but using the proper words can make it subtle.

The words that referees use are very important, if a referee says something out of context, it is not forgotten easily. Try to think of a way of saying things that does not allow a comeback. (E.g. If a player comes up to you and starts screaming "What was that ref" You may want to say, "I made the call, the player is eliminated, the call stands)." There is not much a player can say, especially if the play is continuing and he has to get back involved.

HAVE FUN! You are out there to have fun to. In most cases, if you finish a game and leave thinking "that wasn't very fun", the players have not had fun either. Use the time as a referee to get your mind off everything else in your life!

God Bless,
Doc

Posted Image
The "Suicidal Ref"

#25 User is offline   Dr. Wiggy 

• PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:33 PM

Updating the first post in this thread:

This is something I wrote/copied from other sources a looooooooooooooong time ago, so, it might come off kind of rough around the edges, but it still holds true.

In opening, I'd like to share three things that you as a Referee MUST ALWAYS DO reguardless of anything and everything, in this order.

This is your code:
Live it. Learn it. Love it.

1. Use your EYES.

2. Use common sense.

3. In everything be firm and afirm everything.

Simple, Right?
I beg to differ.

1. We ALL use our eyes,
if we didn't we wouldn't be Refs BUT, do you look in all the right places for safety issues?
A. Masks
B. Barrel covers
C. Chrono EVERY player's marker.
D. Paint checks (Both on the field and before the game for illegal paint)
E. Players (See if anyone is playing unsafe or wiping)
F. Time (Every Ref should carry a watch, period)

Keep an EYE out for things like these and you'll improve 100%

2. "Common sense isn't all that common." As a matter of a fact...... It's my belief that we should change the name the 'UN-common sense'.
I wish I was making this up. I've worked in retail for 4 years now, I've been paintballing for just as long, and you know what? Every friggin' day I'm at a loss for words for the lack of 'Common Sense' I see in today's world.
Use yours, don't forget that you have some.

Some players are just rotten to the core. Period.
If a player is yelling; "THEY ARE WIPING!!! THEY ARE WIPING!!!" and you find out that the said player wasn't wiping, but the same player just keeps on yelling the same thing, EVERY game.... He could be either a sore loser, because he can't hit squat, OR he's just rotten.....

'Common Sense' will tell you when something's amiss..... Just remember to use the last part of the code before you "Red-Flag him".

3. Lastly,
"In everything be firm and afirm everything."
AND
"Stick to it 'till you die, and be sure you're right so you won't lie."
If you don't know what afirm means;
af∑firm (ə-fŻrm') Pronunciation
v. tr.
1. To declare positively or firmly; maintain to be true.
2. To support or uphold the validity of; confirm.
If you're about to make a call on splatter, "In everything be firm and afirm everything." Whatever that call may be, "Stick to it 'till you die, and be sure you're right so you won't lie."

If you're about to send a player home for the day, "In everything be firm and afirm everything." Whatever that call may be, "Stick to it 'till you die, and be sure you're right so you won't lie."

What is a Referee???

A Referee is a servant, simply put...

Q: What is a policeman?
A: A public servant.
Q: What is a fireman?
Q: What is a paramedic?

Let me break it down for you....

If a fight breaks out on the paintball field, who's responsibility is it to stop it?
Yours, the Referee.
If a fire breaks out on the paintball field, who's responsibility is it to stop it?
Yours, the Referee.
If a player gets hurt on the paintball field, who's responsibility is it to help him/her?
Yours, the Referee.

Are you picking up what I'm putting down??

You are here because you WANT to be.

Let me say that again....
You are here because you WANT to be.
Why do we do it? Our cops, firemen and paramedics; they do what they do for ONE REASON, to help people.

If you're here, and you wish you were doing something else, maybe you should rethink your position. A Referee is servant, like I said before. Your soul purpose of existence while you're wearing the orange vest is to keep everyone safe, fair and best of all, having a good ol' time....

If you DON'T want everyone on the paintball field to be safe, fair and having a good ol' time. Take off the vest, and give to someone who does.

The rest of Referee's priority's are in this order:

1. Safety, safety, safety.
If one player/Ref isn't being safe on AND off the field, NO ONE is safe at all. The Ref's primary job is to make sure that everyone, (Including Refs AND players) is safe. [If another Ref is causing an unsafe situation, see part 3 below]

A. Field
The field itself SHOULD be the second-safest-place on the grounds, second ONLY to the staging area, air room and shop. There are alot of things that can go wrong on the field;

***The worst thing that can happen is people losing their masks, sometimes it's on purpose, sometimes not, I've seen players walk back to the staging area with the mask in their hand. It's stuff like this we have to catch. For lifting their mask for ANY reason on the field, I give the player ONE firm warning, after that, I'll ask the field owner what he wants us to do about it.
***Guns shoot hot, again, sometimes it's intentional, sometimes not.
***Injuries such as, sprained ankles, cuts, getting shot at close range are also common safety issues that all of us must bear in mind.

B. Staging Area
This HAS to be the hands-down safest place on the grounds, no if's and's or but's.
The single-most-wide-spread problem is of course, barrel covers. I use the same rule for lifting masks and removing barrel covers as described above.

2. Rules and regulations.
Every Ref on and off the field must KNOW the rules of the field inside and out and MUST inforce them without weakness or uncertanity. Remember the Code. When a Ref makes a call, he/she MUST know that they're following/enforcing the regulations of the field. Doing this, will avoid all the unpleasentries of arguing and bickering with players or Refs in the future. [If you are uncertain if you or other Refs are aware of certain rules, call for a quick Ref huddle to clarify the specifics with all the Refs. Doing so will make all of you as one body and mind, so not to gender strifes among yourselves]

3. Co-operation with your fellow Refs.
The ONLY way to maintain control of the games and players in a positive light, is to have EVERY Ref on and off the field to be in total agreement on the rules and regulations. The most important aspect of this angle is that you MUST ALWAYS (not maybe, almost always or sometimes) be unified in your calls in the presence of players/customers.
NEVER EVER confront another Ref in view or earshot of any players. It makes all of the Refs look like children fighting over who gets to play the XboX first. Once you've set that image for yourselves, you'll have little, or no authority at all.

EXAMPLE:
A new Ref calls a player out for splatter smaller than the size of a quarter. The 'hit' player comes to you and complains that he wasn't hit and explains in detail exactly what happened.
You response should be;
"I'm sorry sir, if a Referee called you hit, I'm afraid that's final, all in accordance with our rules here at **Insert field name here**. I'll be sure to approach the Ref after the game and take care of any problems."
Remember the Code.

Once the game ends, approach the new Ref in PRIVATE and ask for his side of the story. If he was in the wrong, explain why, and how to avoid further problems of similar origin.

The Refs on the field MUST act as a well oiled mechine. You use teamwork when you PLAY paintball right? Use it when you Ref as well;
A. Commuication
B. Awareness
C. Teamwork

A. Commuication
This one SHOULD be a 'gimme'.
Every Ref SHOULD know that if you see a player about to bunker a kid on the other side of the field, your FIRST reaction should be to radio the Ref that's closest to the event, and let him know what's going on so he can make everything safe as a bunny in a pet store.
Every Ref SHOULD know if the flag has been moved. If you see the flag moving, let the other Refs know so they can be ready for the unexpected.
Every Ref SHOULD know if there's one person left on one team, who will NOT surrender, you need to make sure that the Ref with the horn blows it before the said player gets lit up like a Christmas tree.
So WHAT if he gets mad at you for doing your job, it's going to happen ALOT if you're a GOOD referee(notice good ). You're keeping the field safe, IF you're NOT keeping it safe because you're afraid to tick someone off, I'd fire you as a Ref before you could blink. I'm willing to bet that all the field owners would too.

B. Awareness
If you don't know what's going on ALL OVER the field, YOU ARE NOT REFFING........ You're watching a paintball game with an orange vest on.
If the radios aren't being used... What the heck are holding one for?

C. Teamwork
If we Refs combind the first two essentials with the pure fact that all of us KNOW:

A. When, how and where to act WITHOUT hesitation,
B. where the other Refs are on the field,
C. how to 'back up' EVERY Ref's call even if it's hazy
D. to use the Ref's Code for everything
1. Use your EYES.
2. Use common sense.
3. In everything be firm and afirm everything, Stick to it 'till you die, and be sure you're right so you won't lie .

If you (and your teammates) have those^^ three skills when you PLAY paintball you can beat the best of them.
If you (and your teammates) have those^^ three skills when you REFEREE paintball you can be the best Reffing squad on the face of the earth.

4. Player's/customer's needs/cares/concerns.
It is imperative that we keep our Player's/customer's needs at heart. Not doing so will result in you or others being out of a job.
Let me put it this way;
When a player comes to a field for the first time, there are three things they ALWAYS remember:
A. Prices. The cost of one day of play.
B. The field's awesomeness/sweetness/even-ness/cool-ness OR lack thereof.............
C. YOUR customer service, and overall attitude.

The order of the above will very from player to player, for me; C. B. A. for you it could be B. A. C..
The point here is,
there's nothing you, as a Ref can do to make the field more 'awesome' in the thirty minutes you have to get ready for the day ahead.
Likewise,
there's nothing you as a Ref can do to make the cost smaller for the consumer.

BUT,
YOU are in fact, the one of the BIGGEST factors that desides weather or not the player will return again.

A Referee is a form of authority.
To the player, you have power to make or break their day of play, by making good calls, bad calls or by not calling anything at all.

***You have the power to be a friendly big brother who gives pointers before and after the game to the younger players, OR be a big scary bully.
***You can treat older players with the respect that they [think] they're entitled to, OR tick them off by not giving them respect and send them home telling everyone they know that your field reeks of hot garbage.
***You may respond to questions with; "Yes sir." and "No sir.", OR you can answer with; "Whatever.", "I don't care.", "I'm not in charge.", "So?" or "Beats me.".

You see where I'm going with this?

Just by your speech, facial expressions and overall character you can not only impress your players, but give them REALLY good reasons to return another day.

5. Taking one player's/Ref's word over another.
Confrontations are GOING to happen unfortunatly. One player says another cheated, that player says the other is lying, yatta, yatta, yatta..........
The problem is there's not really anything we Refs can do about it, except.... keep one eye on each player for the rest of the day or better, for eternity. I'm not joking in the lest, watch BOTH players until you're 1000000% positive of which ones are righteous and which ones aren't. AND THEN, even WHEN you know who is Dr. Jekyle and Mr. Hide, you still can't take anyone's side in a ocurrance that you didn't actually see with your own two eyes. Period.

One of the biggest problems with Reffing something as sociable as a paintball game, is that you know ALOT of the players. When you know them they think you're their buddy who will bail them out if they bite off more than they can chew. Sometimes Refs get used to the idea, and act on it by making calls in favor of the players they 'know'. That CANNOT be allowed to happen, just because you know someone DOES NOT give you the power to make calls in their favor, EVER!
Above ALL ELSE,

Remember the Code.

That's the basics...

You'll learn the rest as you go along.......

God Bless you all,
Doc

Posted Image
The "Suicidal Ref"

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users