Special Ops Paintball: how do you guys feel about war? - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

how do you guys feel about war? a mature discussion on a touchy subject Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   207 

• the enemy
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:[analog]

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:34 AM

i already posted this in the religion section of PBN, but it seems like you guys have very different ways of thinking from them. i'm just curious to see others' thoughts on this.

personally, i think it's something that needs to be done, and that in their hearts, all men are capable of doing. i also believe that humanity as a whole, by organizing into civilizations, has doomed itself to conflict between groups.

on a religious note, i feel that those who fight wars, the soldiers and warriors, be it to defend their own well being or to improve it for themselves/those they support, who are willing to sin and fight and die for others, deserve the most respect of all. i feel that those who sin so others do not are essentially doing good, as they sacrifice there own innocence to protect that of others.

please try to keep this under control; respect is the name of the game.
It is beautiful when a brave man of the front ranks falls and dies, battling for his homeland.
Young men, fight shield to shield and never succumb to panic or miserable flight, but steel the heart in your chests with magnificence and courage. Forget your own life when you grapple with the enemy.

λ

#2 User is offline   bman7888 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:bman7888

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:41 AM

war is not a good thing and i don't know many people who will say it is, but it is something that needs to be done to keep a large group of people safe. i also respect anyone who fight for their country or their beliefs, yes that even means the people whom we are fighting over in Iraq, because it take a lot to stand up for beliefs and even a whole country.
"the best things about books is that sometimes there are really pretty pictures"

#3 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:55 AM

View Post207, on Oct 5 2007, 01:34 PM, said:

on a religious note,

Due to the nature of various religious beliefs such topics are NOT permitted on this forum. Religious rhetoric quickly succumbs to flames.

If you wish to discuss the war that is fine, but leave religion out of it otherwise the thread WILL be closed and warnings issued.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#4 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:08 AM

There have been many war threads, none end well...

That said, war is not desirable, but sadly is often the only option.

EDIT: "is" not "us" ... fixed typo

This post has been edited by Thalion: 05 October 2007 - 01:57 PM

Member of Team Akkadian

#5 User is offline   GHOSTRECON12 

• is an alaskin with night vision goggles
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GHOSTRECON12

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:31 AM

i dont think the war is a good thing but its whats needed. disputes like this just cant be solved by talking it out.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender--Winston Churchill

#6 User is offline   207 

• the enemy
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:[analog]

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:43 AM

View PostPuzuma, on Oct 5 2007, 01:55 PM, said:

on a religious note,

Due to the nature of various religious beliefs such topics are NOT permitted on this forum. Religious rhetoric quickly succumbs to flames.

If you wish to discuss the war that is fine, but leave religion out of it otherwise the thread WILL be closed and warnings issued.

whatever. if you, an admin, think so lowly of the maturity of your forumers that you can't have a reference to religion as an aside in a post, than go ahead and close the thread.
It is beautiful when a brave man of the front ranks falls and dies, battling for his homeland.
Young men, fight shield to shield and never succumb to panic or miserable flight, but steel the heart in your chests with magnificence and courage. Forget your own life when you grapple with the enemy.

λ

#7 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:44 AM

I think war is sometime necessary, although horrible it is sometimes the only choice...and i am " religious".
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   ZombieAtak 

• Settle it the old fasioned way, first guy to die LOSES!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZombieAtak

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:51 AM

War is a horriffic thing. That being said, some people really just need a good smack upside the head to understand something or stop what they are doing, in a metaphorical sense.

War should be the last option, and not one to be taken lightly. War costs us the most precious thing we posess, life. But at the same time, war can bring out the best in humanity, courage, sacrifice, honor, compassion.

"War educates the senses, calls into action the will, perfects the physical constitution, and brings men into such swift and close collision in critical moments that man measures man."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
ZombieAtak's Feedback
2nd Place: Outdoor Adventures AFFM Tournament 10/19/2008
Most Valuable Team: OA, Bowie, MD; Battle of the Bulge V 12/14/2008; Kobra Kommand II 3/15/09; Coffee Wars III 6/14/09

#9 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• You won't do it! You ain't crazy!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sunshine ac-05

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:01 PM

I'm completely serious when i say this. war is a good population control. we kill deer and rabbits to control their population to prevent starving and over grazing, whats so bad about doing it to people too? after all, you and me, baby, ain't nothin' but mammals.
"it just doesnt look cool unless you're riding a yamazuki zx1200rrr" - C9H13NO3

#10 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:05 PM

war does not measure who is right. Only who is stronger.

I dont not approve of war completly but I dont think countrys should go to war with each other without at least trying all other options.
like Canada. soon enough our fresh water will be like gold. so we plan to just give it all away so theres nothing to take :D

#11 User is offline   ZombieAtak 

• Settle it the old fasioned way, first guy to die LOSES!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZombieAtak

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:08 PM

View PostEskimo, on Oct 5 2007, 03:05 PM, said:

war does not measure who is right. Only who is stronger.

"War does prove who is right, only who is left."

Same idea, different wording.

Also, "A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but a hero is braver five minutes longer."
ZombieAtak's Feedback
2nd Place: Outdoor Adventures AFFM Tournament 10/19/2008
Most Valuable Team: OA, Bowie, MD; Battle of the Bulge V 12/14/2008; Kobra Kommand II 3/15/09; Coffee Wars III 6/14/09

#12 User is offline   Alexcaron700 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Trigger Alex

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:50 PM

I think war in itself is bad, but sometimes without it the right thing would never get done
Yes I found religion.
I found it to be completely worthless.

#13 User is offline   Pandemonium 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pandemonium

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:56 PM

View Post207, on Oct 5 2007, 11:43 AM, said:

View PostPuzuma, on Oct 5 2007, 01:55 PM, said:

on a religious note,

whatever. if you, an admin, think so lowly of the maturity of your forumers that you can't have a reference to religion as an aside in a post, than go ahead and close the thread.

that wasnt very nice...
i think that war is a very bad thing, but when it boils down to it, its your only option. kill or be killed, simple, crude, and sad.

#14 User is offline   Swamp Thing 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SwampThing666

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:59 PM

Personally I think war is necessary and it does have some benificial side effects like the following.

1. Lets our enemies know we always have that option on the table so gives us a little more muscle in our negotiations
2. Keeps our troups in fighting shape and advances out knowlege of modern combat
3. Advances or technology in ways that inprove out ability to fight in the future and many of the tech inovations eventiall trickle down into the private sector and become foundation for further non military applications. What kind of airplanes whould we have if not for warfare driven applications.

I am not saying loss of life on our side is desireable but often warfare is the only way to ensure our personal safety. IF you want peasce then prepare for war.

Swamp
Captain Underground Mod Shop Special Operations Guerrillas U.M.S.S.O.G.
SPPL 2nd Place Rookie Division 2008 @ Bearclaw
Executive Officer of the 352nd Panzenjagers OK D Day (2008)
CO of the 709th Artillerie Regiment, OK D Day (2009)

#15 User is offline   ION KING 

• Bow down to the king!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tippmann A-5 player

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:27 PM

Also without war it would have taken longer to develop stuff. Because in war we need to gain a technological advantage over our enimies.

EDIT:I didn't read the topic posts before posting so swamp thing beat me to it.

This post has been edited by ION KING: 05 October 2007 - 01:28 PM

current WWII reenactment funds $260/ total gear NONE

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users