Special Ops Paintball: Battlefront Band of Brothers Game - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Battlefront Band of Brothers Game 1st Strike and Battlefront Paintball present Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   chappy350 

• The General
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Chappy350

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:38 PM

View PostEnhander, on Aug 1 2008, 11:03 AM, said:

View PostHatchet, on Jul 12 2008, 06:49 AM, said:

So how does this one usually turn out? I've wanted to play at battlefront for a while now, and just never made the effort. If this looks like a good game, I just might have to make the drive up from WV.

From morgantown its roughly 3 1/2 hours to Battlefront.

You drive slow lol

I used to make it to Clarksburg from here in 3 hours.
www.Arctrooperspaintball.com
Scenario Team Supply
www.battlefrontpaintball.com

#17 User is offline   Siege 

• Free-Roaming Fire Support
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Siege

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:58 PM

I've been tossing this up on threads for this game on a few different forums... Figured with the days counting down I'd throw this up here and try to drum up more interest, maybe get a few fence-sitters off the fence and firmly into "Play!" mode. (Pre-reg ends Sept. 10th! Do it! Do it NOW! - and plus you get $5 off. Win all around.)

For those in east Ohio, west PA, or northern WV (or even farther afield) who have not been there before and are wondering if it's worth a drive to Battlefront, here's a bit of a taste...

All photos were taken from Battlefront's photo sets on Photobucket, and happened at the World at War event earlier this year. The photos were all in the main "Town" area, but there's plenty of acreage of thick woods, a few smaller buildings, and plenty of other features to this field.

Here's a good view of the western half of the town, from the top of the nearby hill "Mt. Suribachi."
Posted Image

The eastern half of the town, viewed from the exit of one of the roads
Posted Image

The northernmost defenses
Posted Image

A defender taking cover by the main building in town, the "Reichstag"
Posted Image

Back of the Reichstag
Posted Image

Inside the front room of the Reichstag
Posted Image

Yours truly about to lay down some cover fire from inside the town
Posted Image

And one of my favorite pictures from the 'Front, that of the Lighting Strike team tank rolling into town under smoke cover.
Posted Image

So I hope that piqued the interest of those into scenario play. :( See ya there, folks. ;)

This post has been edited by Siege: 31 August 2008 - 10:16 PM

#18 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:47 PM

I'm coming with about 6 or 7 other guys. Anyone else gonna be there? It would be cool to finally meet someone from the forums!
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#19 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:58 AM

I was at WaW (unbelievable) - I wouldn't miss this one for anything. I'll be there w/ two others fighting as Americans.

Look for the guy in Multicam carrying this:

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by ger: 06 September 2008 - 02:02 AM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#20 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:36 PM

I'll be in Digi carrying this:

Attached File  100_2476.JPG (500.44K)
Number of downloads: 1
Or this minus the Q Loader:
Attached File  100_2368.JPG (347.38K)
Number of downloads: 3

Most Likely the PMR, on the American Side too!!!
Posted Image

#21 User is offline   Siege 

• Free-Roaming Fire Support
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Siege

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:58 AM

Well. It was freaking wet. But I think that was expected.

Despite the downpour, over 260 people showed up, which I think was fantastic. Some people bailed early, but the remainder was mostly a core of serious paintball fanatics with good skills. The missions were hard fought, the game paced well, and aside from a few organizational issues and the problems caused by the rain, it was an all around excellent game.

Got to meet a lot of folks up there too. There were players present from as far away as Indiana, Illinois, and Michigan.

My only regret: I did not get to rock the Double Trouble that I was supposed to be playing with. The balls swelled in the hopper at a surprising pace, and the cyclone trying to feed them just made everything into a mess.

Congrats to the German side on their victory. And thanks to Team First Strike and Battlefront for holding a great game.

#22 User is offline   Loki34 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Loki34

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:33 PM

For those that have missed this event..FEEL SHAME!!! 1st Strike put on an amazing event!! Despite the downpour 85% of our German team stuck it out for the Victory!! Hard fought battles all around. I saw everything from guys sitting in trees, guys laying in the creek (for more than 20 mins...Mad Props to that guy), and full out massive assaults from both teams. The missions were awesome, the field no matter what the condition was awesome...Always a great day at Battlefront..If you don't normally play this field, it should be added to your list. Our team has been there almost every event this year, and some the previous years. Great Paintball, Brian and Dave do an awesome job, you will not EVER be disappointed!!
Special Ops - Team Sabre - If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
Official Sabre #347

Polish contingent to Team Biohazard

http://www.biohazardscenariopb.com
Biohazard Paintball Communications Officer
Sponsored by Wholesale Fireworks, Animal Paintball, Compulsive Paintball

#23 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:33 AM

I still haven't dried out! What a great day of play. The final player count was 268 & most stayed the whole day. Not a dry person at the place though. Great job by 1st Strike planning this one & Battlefront for doing everything they could to accomodate - you guys continue to rock.

As an American I am bummed about the loss but, I shot more Germans than Germans shot me, so on a personal level I feel okay. The rain killed our groups radios after the frst two hours so it was hard for us to coordinated w/ each other & listen in to Chappy - making it hard to accomplish some of those objectives.

See you all at the Halloween game!
ger

#24 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:45 AM

View Postger, on Sep 17 2008, 01:33 PM, said:

I still haven't dried out! What a great day of play. The final player count was 268 & most stayed the whole day. Not a dry person at the place though. Great job by 1st Strike planning this one & Battlefront for doing everything they could to accomodate - you guys continue to rock.

As an American I am bummed about the loss but, I shot more Germans than Germans shot me, so on a personal level I feel okay. The rain killed our groups radios after the frst two hours so it was hard for us to coordinated w/ each other & listen in to Chappy - making it hard to accomplish some of those objectives.

See you all at the Halloween game!

My team had the same trouble. The rain fried our radios. I tried calling in to Chappy MANY times and I was never able to get through, or hear anything coming across my radio. ( I was on channel 20 all day listening)

Even though it was ridiculously wet we still had a great time. The paint swelled SOOOO fast in the hoppers that I had trouble keeping good paint in my hopper. But I had some great firefights all over the field, one really good one on top of Mt. Suribachi (sp?) as the Germans were trying to take that flag back, and a couple in the town arounds the Reichstag.

Overall I had a great day, and an awesome first game to use my PMR :)

View Postger, on Sep 6 2008, 04:58 AM, said:

I was at WaW (unbelievable) - I wouldn't miss this one for anything. I'll be there w/ two others fighting as Americans.

Look for the guy in Multicam carrying this:

I remember seeing this gun!!! Too bad I didn't remember that it was you.....
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:14 PM

View Postblackcelldrumr15, on Sep 7 2008, 01:36 AM, said:

Or this minus the Q Loader:
Attachment 100_2368.JPG

Haha, and I remember this... red pickup truck - parked right beside my white Ford Explorer, huh?

This post has been edited by ger: 17 September 2008 - 12:15 PM

ger

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users