• You cannot reply to this topic

How to Prevent Gear Theft Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#46 User is offline   j0k3r 

• my own minion
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:01 PM

View PostJAGER TIGER, on Oct 21 2007, 10:26 PM, said:

i have a ammo box that near impossible to open quite since the only way to open it is to club it with the but of my gun and i rigged up a dud gernade so as the box is opened the pin and spoon flys out and then theres this gernade that look ready to explode

wow....

ok i got one
Step1: Don't be a retard and leave your stuff around.
Step2:Don't get in the car with strangers....wait....what?

#47 User is offline   SHRIMPED! 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHRIMPED!

Posted 04 November 2007 - 04:48 PM

My PMR is laser engraved on the top of the UL frame, pretty much not noticeable unless you're unscrewing it from the marker! :(

My locklids has punisherpb stickers on 'em, one on the bottom of the pod, one on the inside of the lid (notice the trend?)

And my gear bag is locked up with TSA locks from WalMart which was like $5 for a pack of three.

#48 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:09 PM

thanks menace, this really helps. you could also run a padlocked cord through your triggerguards if you really really wanted to be safe
probably a dumb idea
oh, joker, you cant really prevent your stuff from being stolen sometimes. "stuff" happens(to keep it pg-13)
my brother got a $500 fixed gear bike stolen in chicago, and it had a $75 dollar kryptonite on it. some meatheads lifted the sign, and took the lock with them

This post has been edited by oerllikon: 01 December 2007 - 09:12 PM

#49 User is offline   Pauvis 

• Kodiak
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:14 PM

View PostHeadshotPhantom, on Jun 8 2007, 01:26 PM, said:

Maybe fields should rent oversized lockers....That would be pretty cool. Have them air conditioned to so you can store paint. :) *Adds a note about air conditioned paintball lockers to dream field*

Well just so you know, We are planning on having a locker room at our field. We will be having a camping area and i know some people would probably feel more comfortable with their stuff locked up inside with their own padlock than in their tent.

Also Just a suggestion, Go to your local gun shop and ask for a bolt lock, they are about 2 feet long and work wonders

Assasin #3
Official Sniper#28

#50 User is offline   BLACK MAMBA 

• Living Luxerific
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:56 AM

maybe take your guns to things remembered and see if they could engrave you call sign name on them, or you initials in a certain spot ont he gun that maybe no one else would look....get some team stickers made up for your pods and slap them on there, maybe a team sticker on your hopper an tank as well....
Posted Image
MM PB /VALKEN / FLASC / CCC / COMPULSIVE / MSS / TIBERIUS / GUERRILLA

#51 User is offline   Mihuzaki 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:42 PM

I Keep my stuff Handcuffed to my leg lolz jk but still nice guide, it would suck to lose your $1500 Angel to some guy with no money (i would sell it, would you?) =\
Meh i got my sig removed...Why? I dunno The government just does not like me i guess.

#52 User is offline   Deus Ex Machina 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:42 PM

I've got a gun case, and I spraypainted my old nickname on it. Very few people would actually have a clue where my nickname comes from. (It's not my forum name, either). I've got the Canadian flag on it, and I'm going to spraypaint my blood type on it as well in bright red. (I have it on my backpack for when I travel.) It's extremely useful to carry all of my stuff (And I don't get mistaken for carrying an assault rifle, because of the big letters "Paintball" on the other side of it.)

Not only that, but the case itself is very long (About 36 inches), and thin. It's a pain in the butt to get in your car without anyone noticing, considering it's also spraypainted bright, bright white.

Consider getting a gun case and customizing it. Saves you on travel weight, saves you on organization, and saves your marker.

#53 User is offline   SteveFe 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SteveFe

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:47 AM

I do what Pin Drop does. The Stanley Tough Box with a TSA lock. Or if I'm at a new field, the box stays in the van. So far no problems. But I do like the custom paint job idea.
How many balls per second are you going to miss me with? --unknown baller

#54 User is offline   DaCheat1000 

• M1A2..... all i need to say
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DaCheat1000

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:51 AM

to prevent my stuff from being stollen i keep everything in my trunk and i put a pad lock on the stuff in my trunk and i lock my car i also use a large tool box (metal) to store stuff while i am playing and i will gereraly chain that to a tree and cover it with somthing (i know i am a little parinod) but better safe then sorry

and if they try to steal my car

a suprise goes off,

Posted Image

This post has been edited by DaCheat1000: 07 April 2008 - 10:07 AM

#55 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:33 PM

I made friends with all the refs at my local field, and now just go back to the ref chilling area and leave my crap there ;)

#56 User is offline   DaCheat1000 

• M1A2..... all i need to say
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DaCheat1000

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:27 PM

this is how i keep my stuff safe

Storage system

#57 User is offline   I_DISAPEAR_(POOF) 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

:laugh: :( tehe i just leave all my stuff in the car when we play close but if its a far away from vehicle game i put it near a booth so nobody steals, it plus if i catch them and they run with my gear I can throw a knife bout 25 yards :)

#58 User is offline   Cyb3rBurn3r 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Cyb3rBurn3r

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:15 PM

View PostPinDrop, on Oct 19 2007, 07:52 AM, said:

Ok, I have read a few ideas on this forum and I just woke up for work not but 30 mins ago, so now hear this. There is only one thing that will PREVENT marker theft. Everyone here thinks about how to get the stuff back, how to make it unusable or how to catch them with it. The answer is simple and will cut down on clutter considerably. Purchase two tough-boxes from Lowe's or Home Depot, The boxes come in Small "too small" Medium "Just barely big enough" and Big "Oh yeah big enough" I took my two large Stanley tough boxes, spray painted them to our specialized camouflage color and got simple combo locks for them. First all of my markers and gear are kept in these boxes and the lock is on the box, friends and teammates know the number, Second thing to know is that all of my serial numbers are written down, with receipts of purchase AND all my markers have our "DHL/NLD" lasered onto them "Only $4.00 per marker" Prevention is the key and prevention is the topic, this isn't called "how to recover lost stuff" Keep it locked and keep it organized. I could of course leave my Spyder SE "worth about $550" on the table at the field and know it would always be there when I returned, why? Cause first everyone knows who I am and second...I cover the area around my marker with anti-personnel mines and booby traps that I bought second hand off of Puzuma :D

Last time I went to my field there was a group of 5 or 6 seasoned looking players using Tough Boxes (or something similar) like PinDrop said. They put a simple padlock on it and left. The thing was too big for anyone to try and lug over to the parking area, and it was secure enough that no one (or at least no one smart) would try and break into it. It seemed to have worked pretty good.

Also, you can fix the people stealing your paint problem even easier. Take your (I'm assuming) good paint, and stick it in a Monster Balls box. :)

This post has been edited by Cyb3rBurn3r: 04 June 2008 - 04:19 PM

#59 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:34 PM

Or do one better. Stick it in a Folgers plastic coffee can. You get an excellent pod loader and paint caddy that's airtight (each one easily holds a 500-round bag), as well as the perfect disguise for your paint. After all, a lot of people and teams make coffee.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#60 User is offline   Octavious 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:02 PM

The only downside to the TSA locks, is that they are universal. Thats why they are preferred at the airport. One key works for all. (Unless its some kind of special master key but I don't believe it). I've boughten a seperate pack and the keys from the 2nd pack worked fine with the locks from the first pack.(again, not sure if it will work with all, but just a warning in case.)

So be extremely cautious about using that system.

-Oct

This post has been edited by Octavious: 06 June 2008 - 12:02 PM

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users