Some small things that end up costing a lot when everyone is borrowing from the same guy every week.
1) Bring paper towels or rags. Paintball can be messy and you will want to clean up between games.
2) Cleaner and anti fog spray. You will want special cleaner for your goggles and possibly Windex for your marker or other gear.
3) Arm bands. Either purchase a commercially available armband for less than $10 bucks or buy a roll of caution tape from your local hardware store. Bandannas are also a good alternative.
4) Pods. Buy pods and a pod holder. You will soon realize that 200 rounds is not always enough. Have a way to carry extra paint
5) Bring paint or money to buy paint off a friend (but don't expect it they may not have it). Everyone plays differently and therefore everyone uses different amounts of paint, Be prepared. Expect to shoot at least 500 + rounds per 4 hours of play. Plan accordingly
6) Water and Snacks. Paintball is a very physically enduring sport you will need to rehydrate and take in a few calories to remain on top of your game. Bring your own, I did not bring my cooler so you wouldn't have to!
A few more things to consider.
1) If someone allows you to borrow something once it does not constitute his permission to rummage through his gear when hes not around. Unless you politely ask, or they offer do not touch other peoples stuff. There are a lot of people that take pride in their gear and would be more than happy to let you "check it out" if you ask. But taking that which does not belong to you is not only frustrating but a good way to get you kicked off a field.
2) Be courteous, reciprocate and treat it as it was your own, if someone loans you something then return it in a timely fashion and as clean or cleaner than you received it. Returning loaned equipment beat up and dirty is a sure way to not get it loaned to you again. If someone gives you something be sure to return the favor or replace it the next time you play together.
3) Put your remote on your tank and in your pack/vest before you put it on. Don't ask me to do it every week because you forgot....again.
4) If your not going to help then don't complain. If someone spends a couple of hours building bunkers or boundaries at the local renegade field and you put forth no effort to better the field, DO NOT complain about the way the field is set up!
5) If you need help repairing your marker fine, watch and learn don't act like I have nothing better to do and don't walk away leaving me to repair it.
6) Have HUMILITY if you don't know what it is then look it up!
I invite everyone to pipe up with their pet peeves. I will edit in new pet peeves to this post. It is not just for newbies I see veteran players alike doing some of these things.
Thanks to everyone that has posted below and added advice.
EDIT: Added suggested pet peeves and checked spelling.
This post has been edited by SpedMDB: 25 June 2007 - 05:56 PM