#107 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Sheriff_Matt

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:51 PM

View Post06shocker&ion, on Apr 21 2007, 05:32 PM, said:

Can someone help me out here?

That's quite a pond you got going there! I would suggest a more long term solution(using a pump every season isn't going to be fun). Setting up some drainage pipe would probably help out the most to keep it from filling up so much. You mentioned digging a trench to the nearby river and laying some pvc. That would be a good idea if you could rig it up to flow downhill to the river. In order to pump out that much water you'd need something a little more heavy duty than a 200 gallon/hour pump I think.

If you're going to be laying drainage pipe I would talk to someone fairly knowledgeable at the store you go to. Ask them what they suggest to use and how to lay it. You'll want to describe to them what you're trying to do.

#108 User is offline   footballrunner 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:09 PM

Thanks! This thread is great and will surely help me when I begin working on my field.

#109 User is offline   trevor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:revortay

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:19 PM

Thankyou so much Sheriff Matt for all of the help. I was just begining to think of starting my own park when I get a little bit older. This post has truely helped my mind start to comprehend what it is going to take. I would like to wish you and your paint ball park good luck and hopefuly I can get out to CA to see it.

Trevor

Tippman owners group #35

#110 User is offline   kyle_saville 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:KIZYLE

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:58 PM

another great way to makea tower is to lay a sppol down like a table, then build a ladder up to it and put something at the tope. for mine i took a old plastic barrel cut the bottom out adn then cut it in half then wrapped it around the sppol

#111 User is offline   SHOOTSWITHEYESCLOSED 

• ?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHOOTSWITHEYESCLOSED

Posted 12 October 2007 - 05:49 PM

the spool tower is a good idea. If a tower is too tall then you can get pinned as a sitting duck. This site has sound guidelines for building a field.
http://www.paintchec...owner/index.cfm

This post has been edited by SHOOTSWITHEYESCLOSED: 12 October 2007 - 05:50 PM

#112 User is offline   b-98c 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:b-recon

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:37 PM

Hey man, i'm interested in finding my local paintballers, how would i go about learning where good players go and play besides "pay to play" fields, which are great, but i like independant intense games. ? any hints on how to find that in peoples local area's?? thanks .... b-98c

#113 User is offline   jag06 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:jag06

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:14 PM

View Postb-98c, on Nov 6 2007, 04:37 PM, said:

Hey man, i'm interested in finding my local paintballers, how would i go about learning where good players go and play besides "pay to play" fields, which are great, but i like independant intense games. ? any hints on how to find that in peoples local area's?? thanks .... b-98c

Well, you can do a couple of things. You can head over to the brigade section adn click on North Eastern Brigade and ask there. Also, you can go here, link, and look for the members in your state. You can contact those guys and ask them. I aslo believe you can do a member search by state through the brigade, can't remember how to do it off the top of my head. Hope this helps,

Jag

Edit: Here is the member locater, link.

This post has been edited by jag06: 06 November 2007 - 06:14 PM

My Feedback +7/-0 Gore Family Paintball field
Digitally Dangerous member #3

#114 User is offline   Dunceb4ll 

• Let's go play with Dynamite!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dunceball

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:49 PM

View Post06shocker&ion, on Oct 10 2006, 05:25 AM, said:

hey do you have any advice for people who's land is really hard to dig up, its all roots!!
and great post!! extremely helpful!!!

Do you acces to a digging vehicle called a ditch witch? If so I recomend this digger it is easy to use if you can drive a tractor
THE END IS COMING!!!! AND IT WILL BE UNTIL IT GETS HERE!!!!!!
CAUTION IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP DUNCEB4LL AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.
Feedback

#115 User is offline   CJPALMER 

• Woodsball Player
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:CJPALMER

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:41 AM

i just got a few questions that i would like to have some answers too... My friend and I are thinking about taking some of his land and making into a public paintball field. we already use it for private, but heck might as well make some money wile having fun.

#1)He has about 20 acers of land that is great for playing on and about 5 of those acers would be great for a speedball corse.. Does the whole corse need to be netted or does the saftey area only need to be netted

#2)waver forms that pretty much say play at your own risk wouldnt work instead of insurance.(not really worried about that one cause i am gonna get insurance either way)

#3)if some of the land is close to a road does the road need to be netted off?

#4)and if we decide to put a building close to the course for selling food and paintball supplies is there any certain regulations or insurace i would need

#116 User is offline   Ponytail 

• It's gotta be the hair
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Ponytail

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:10 AM

Just wanted to add something about pallets: Some of the best pallets can be found at printing companies. No, not Copymax, or places like that, but actual printing press companies. These places have the best pallets which do *not* have slats, rather, they have one flat surface on top. I believe this is what they ship their paper on. Go in to one, and ask if they have any old pallets like this that they can't reuse. Should make wonderful bunker material!
Need a Team banner? What about custom lettering on any surface? Screenprinting for your jerseys or team shirts? We do it all - PM for a quote

My feedback: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=137136

Long hair will make thee look dreadfully to thine enemies, and manly to thy friends: it is, in peace, an ornament; in war, a strong helmet; it... deadens the leaden thump of a bullet: in winter, it is a warm nightcap; in summer, a cooling fan of feathers.

- Thomas Dekker, The Gulls Hornbook, 1609

#117 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:23 PM

View PostCJPALMER, on Nov 29 2007, 01:41 AM, said:

i just got a few questions that i would like to have some answers too... My friend and I are thinking about taking some of his land and making into a public paintball field. we already use it for private, but heck might as well make some money wile having fun.

#1)He has about 20 acers of land that is great for playing on and about 5 of those acers would be great for a speedball corse.. Does the whole corse need to be netted or does the saftey area only need to be netted

Pretty much the only areas you really NEED to net off are the areas that pose as a potential safety risk. Areas that are closer than 100 yards to a public access road, trail, safety zone, buildings, or anything of the like.

#2)waver forms that pretty much say play at your own risk wouldnt work instead of insurance.(not really worried about that one cause i am gonna get insurance either way)

Waivers aren't really going to do much for you, other than put your mind at ease until something goes wrong. You're going to need insurance. Depending on how well you setup the field and how much experience your employees have, that could run you about 4 grand a year with a ton of limitations.

#3)if some of the land is close to a road does the road need to be netted off?

Yes, you don't want any strays hitting anything(even cars, people will sue for the dumbest reasons, but mainly because it poses the risk of punching a huge hole in your due diligence).

#4)and if we decide to put a building close to the course for selling food and paintball supplies is there any certain regulations or insurace i would need

You'd need all the proper permits and licenses required for selling/making food and also for anything else your county requires. You need to make sure your property is zoned for this sort of thing as well.

Opening a paintball field isn't exactly something you just venture into to make extra money..more often than not, you're not going to make much as far as profits go. It can also cut into your playing time, because when all else fails, you've got to be the guy who's in charge of everything...you have to be willing to give up your playing time to make sure everything is running smoothly, and everyone is playing safely.

You might want to think about keeping it private but charging a "membership" fee to play on the property.

This post has been edited by Sheriff Matt: 03 January 2008 - 09:24 PM

#118 User is offline   Pauvis 

• Kodiak
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:26 PM

Definatly thanks for the info, we are planning on building a field in louisiana. we are looking for a total of 150 acres, to incude the shop, campsites, bunk houses, toilets houses, and 4 fields. I have most of the plans up for them, but still have a bit of work.

Assasin #3
Official Sniper#28

#119 User is offline   TheChaplain 

• solving the worlds deer population problems 290 grains at a time
  • PipPip

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:25 PM

Any tips on what to look for when your buying land for a field?
You have the right to remain silentwhatever you say can and will be misquoted then used against you

#120 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:04 PM

View PostTheChaplain, on Jan 27 2008, 01:25 PM, said:

Any tips on what to look for when your buying land for a field?

Zoning, car access, power, phone, sewer, neighbors(if your neighbors give you problems, it could end up being a HUGE problem).

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users