• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Will it Hurt? A Basic Guide to Your First Day of Paintball Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:57 AM

^^ True, true, but sadly rubber bands are now illegal in 34 states due to uncontrolled snapping incidents :panzer:

#47 User is offline   ranger111133 

• the powdered sugar king!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ranger111133

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:57 AM

View PostMatch99, on Jun 6 2008, 07:57 AM, said:

^^ True, true, but sadly rubber bands are now illegal in 34 states due to uncontrolled snapping incidents :D

rubber bands illegal? that sounds stupid....who would do such a thing....so basically if i take some rubber bands from our house and take it to a different state we might get a ticket or something? O_o i don't see how rubber bands are illegal

#48 User is offline   Match99 

• PipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:00 AM

:laugh: = sarcasm. My school banned students from carrying rubber bands cuz a kid got snapped in the eye.

#49 User is offline   y2julio 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:y2julio

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:59 AM

View PostJohn Greene, on Jun 1 2008, 12:20 PM, said:

View Posty2julio, on May 24 2008, 01:53 AM, said:

As a newbie I found this stuff good. Also, I'm playing with my uncle that has been playing for 20+ years and his uncle thats been playing even more. I'm very lucky to have such veteran players show me the ropes. Plus if I do anything thats stupid I'm sure my uncle with quickly smack me into place lol.

Well there is one thing that really shows that you are "scared of paintball". That is when you shoot yourself in the foot just so you won't be shot. Please don't do this. :P

Never done that nor will I. I'm not scared of getting hit. Most of the time, I don't even get hit in any body part. Since I have a tactical vest, my vest takes the hit most of the time.

#50 User is offline   Anarchaotical 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:07 AM

Shooting yourself in the foot,.... pssh, how about taking a paintball and breaking it yourself on your chest, that way, you are still out, but you don't have to shoot :P, Win-Win!

The taking of your serial number is VERY IMPORTANT! It could get you your paintball gun back.
Uncool People Deserve Power Too!
My Feedback

#51 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:39 AM

Actually....shooting yourself in the foot hurts more than many other places you could be hit, partly because it is such close range....Yeah, I did it once by accident.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#52 User is offline   y2julio 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:y2julio

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:05 PM

View PostAnarchaotical, on Jun 9 2008, 11:07 AM, said:

Shooting yourself in the foot,.... pssh, how about taking a paintball and breaking it yourself on your chest, that way, you are still out, but you don't have to shoot :P, Win-Win!

The taking of your serial number is VERY IMPORTANT! It could get you your paintball gun back.

Yup, I printed and have saved digital copy of my Tippmann registration which has my serial # listed.

View PostI.K.E., on Jun 9 2008, 02:39 PM, said:

Actually....shooting yourself in the foot hurts more than many other places you could be hit, partly because it is such close range....Yeah, I did it once by accident.
Well I wear boots with steel toes, so I wouldn't feel a thing.

#53 User is offline   Atypical 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Atypical

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:02 PM

Will it hurt? Also kinda depends on if you chrono. Playing outlaw ball, before we got a cronoer, I got shot through the vents in the mask and the bits of paintball shell actually cut up around my mouth. That hurt a little while.

But as a relative noob, this is a very informative thread! Thanks!

#54 User is offline   tipbl 

• Lincoln's Assassins co-captian
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tipbl

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:06 PM

Chronograph is the word you're looking for.

great write up

#55 User is offline   Match99 

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:09 AM

Thank you :)

#56 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:33 PM

I got shot in the mouth once. First death of the day at D-Day 2004. Paintballs taste terrible! Tasted paint the entire day. Bleech.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#57 Guest_Woodland Warrior_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:04 AM

My first hit was in the collarbone, where it comes up to my neck!! Jesus Christ it hurt!!!!!!!! Oh, and I smell a sticky.

#58 User is offline   Weasle 

• Elite Broadsword
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Weasle

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:50 AM

View PostI.K.E., on Jun 13 2008, 11:33 PM, said:

I got shot in the mouth once. First death of the day at D-Day 2004. Paintballs taste terrible! Tasted paint the entire day. Bleech.

Hah, rookie!, I got shot in the mouth once, but my mouth was open, so the ball had broken in half on my mask mouth area, split in half, the paint and the two pieces of ball traveled down my throat, slicing a cut into my tonsils, and then hitting the back of my neck.

My throat swelled and I was spitting up paint and blood, I had paint all on the lower half of my throat, and blood on the upper half, it was fantastic! lol.

It is probably the worst hit I have ever taken, and I have had point blank shots, bleeding hits where my shirt stuck to me, and collarbone shots before. Yeah, collarbone shots sting depending on how close they are!

#59 User is offline   AceTrinity 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AceTrinity

Post icon  Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:50 PM

I think when your a new player you should ask as much questions about tactics as possible, i think is is great when the new players ask me what they should do, makes me feal pro lollers... :unsure:
If we can not do it, It can not be done!
Official Sabre #139

#60 User is offline   AceTrinity 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AceTrinity

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

View PostGround Runner, on May 31 2008, 09:17 AM, said:

View PostMatch99, on May 23 2008, 06:03 PM, said:

Will it hurt?
To be honest I never asked this before I played. The answer varies from person to person and situation to situation and location to location. The general answer, however, is NO. Your adrenaline's gonna be pounding through your blood like caffeine, but better. It'll be like a sudden sting, but fade away within a few seconds. Don't worry about your mask slipping or getting hit in the eye; as long as you keep your mask on and have a standard mask, you will be fine.

When you get hit it feels like getting snapped with a rolled up towel. Its stings for a tiny bit and then goes away. You won't even think about it, unless its broken the skin and started to bled and your like afraid of blood and everytime you see it in the middle of a firefight you tend to get light headed and then you start to like freak out and then because ur start freaking out ur an easy target and you get shot up with paint which breaks more of you skin and you start all over again!!! its a never ending cycle that tends to happen to often. :unsure:

i would say it is less then a towel more like a elastic band when people pull it and hit it on your arm...
If we can not do it, It can not be done!
Official Sabre #139

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users