• You cannot reply to this topic

PM5 leaking air

#31 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:24 AM

Got an o-ring kit for a Hyper 2 online. I'm gonna see if I can't replace that inside middle o-ring and see if the marker works again. If it doesn't work, I may have no choice but to break down and buy a new Hyper 2. And unfortunately, used ones are few, far between, and running like $50. So if I can't find one used, I gotta find a new one...and those run around $90.

What really stinks is I just bought a PM6 and was planning on spending my time testing and getting it to tip top perfromance as my primary marker. The PM5 was going to be my back-up. Well, the PM6 arrived leaking like a banshee and now the PM5 is in pieces as well. So looks like I got some real projects on my hands for the winter if I'm going to be ready to start playing by March with a Proto. Fortunately, got two Mags that are both functioning so I can use those if the PMs aren't ready. I just gotta work on the MaxFlow regulator on one of them, I think it needs a new on/off o-ring.

And if I can get through all of those projects, maybe I'll have time to tinker with my 2k autococker...that's been sitting under the workbench for a few years now.
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#32 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:54 PM

Hyper 2 were selling for around $25 on some sites. Also when trying to get that little oring in you need some kind of jeweler screwdriver. It is a pain but can be done.

#33 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:30 AM

Finally got the o-ring in there. It's really snug on the piston, I think the area where it's seated is either scratched up or still has remnants of the previous o-ring. But, after some doing, it seems to not be leaking anymore and I could get it to fire. I still need to shoot it over a chrono because it didn't seem to be shooting with much velocity when I just quick tested it last night.

So, it's a little scratched up...but it was a learning experience and it might be working again. Hopefully I can test/tune the velocity using my chrono indoor with reballs because it's crazy cold outside. Unfortunaltey, my chrono only tends to work well outside where there's plenty of natural light. So, we'll see how it goes. More updates later. :tup:
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#34 User is offline   Occams Chainsaw 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:01 PM

Before you buy a new one try to take it apart...

Here's a guide.
http://www.pbnation....d.php?t=1989013

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users