• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

my theory on tobacco what do you guys think Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   BrutishOpus 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:59 AM

I was thinking last night as I was watching Zodiac witch is a great movie by the way and I wonder if taking out all of the chemcials in tobbaco and producing a organic product, would the lessen the dealy effects of tobbaco in general, I mean I know no matter how organic something if you smoke it it will bew harmfull, but would removing all of the nasty chemicals and just puttting straight 100% organic tobbaco with non-bleached paper and non-fiber glass filter would it lessen the effects of smoking, like would cancer, etc. rates go down, hmmm.... I wonder :laugh:

#2 User is offline   Jet021 

• ¥€$
  • PipPip

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:09 PM

how about not smoking at all?
there's a 100% way of not getting the deadly effects of smoking

#3 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:West Staines Massive

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:11 PM

except for secondhand ^^

Group:banned #16 Feedback: SpecOps +14/-0 MCB: +2/-0

#4 User is offline   tubby ted 

• stick it to the man
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tubby ted

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:14 PM

ya but then your lungs still get screwed up from the smoke.

i agree with jet.
"The speakers on the outside are a nice touch... soundtrack to the mayhem"-I.K.E
"Only someone too bloody stupid to tell the difference between a cat & a fish would ever join PETA anyway...." -The Stuntman
Music is like candy... You should always throw away the rappers
VIVA LA CHRISTMAS REVOLUTION!

#5 Guest_98cmodder_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:18 PM

Tobacco water is a little like that they take really strong tobbaco and boil it to get rid of insects

Wiki say

Nitrosamine is a "deadly cancer-causing" compound found in cigarette smoke but not in uncured tobacco leaves. Nitrosamine forms on flue-cured tobacco leaves during the curing process through a chemical reaction between nicotine and other compounds contained in the uncured leaf and various oxides of nitrogen found in all combustion gases

Benzopyrene is a highly carcinogenic and mutagenic compound which is formed during the incomplete combustion of organic matter. Tobacco manufacturers have experimented with combustionless vaporizer technology to allow cigarettes to be consumed without the formation of carcinogenic benzopyrenes.

basicly the first one is added and you can get cancer from it
the second one it will give you cancer faster but it is only in there if you smoke it

so they can make it better for you

#6 User is offline   t_boneshacone 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:t-bone

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:08 PM

just dip, dont smoke, i think if you dip the stuff without the fiberglass and crap in it, it aint as bad, sorta like levi garret that stuff aint all that bad its like leaves and stuff are still in it
Thats like walking into a room and saying 'Chocolate Cake' and then walking out...nobody knows what you mean.
-Tenacious

I bet my gun-whore (nah- not a gun whore yet- more of a gun-skank. or whatever comes before whore... Catholic Schoolgirl? :P) senses will kick in and then I'll end up with something else...
-thisissparta

#7 User is offline   hunter6999999999999999 

• Don't be jealous of me because I have more posts than you
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:hunter69

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:23 PM

View Postt_boneshacone, on Aug 27 2007, 07:08 PM, said:

just dip, dont smoke, i think if you dip the stuff without the fiberglass and crap in it, it aint as bad, sorta like levi garret that stuff aint all that bad its like leaves and stuff are still in it

No smokeless tobacco company's put fiberglass in their products anymore.

#8 Guest_AuroraCor_*

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:28 PM

View Postt_boneshacone, on Aug 27 2007, 04:08 PM, said:

It's still pretty bad, and you can still get cancer from it. Basically, Tobacco = bad.

#9 User is offline   russc 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:31 PM

View Postt_boneshacone, on Aug 27 2007, 04:08 PM, said:

What cancers are caused by or associated with smokeless tobacco use?

Smokeless tobacco users increase their risk for cancer of the oral cavity. Oral cancer can include cancer of the lip, tongue, cheeks, gums, and the floor and roof of the mouth.

People who use oral snuff for a long time have a much greater risk for cancer of the cheek and gum than people who do not use smokeless tobacco.

The possible increased risk for other types of cancer from smokeless tobacco is being studied.

What are some of the other ways smokeless tobacco can harm users' health?
Some of the other effects of smokeless tobacco use include addiction to nicotine, oral leukoplakia (white mouth lesions that can become cancerous), gum disease, and gum recession (when the gum pulls away from the teeth). Possible increased risks for heart disease, diabetes, and reproductive problems are being studied.

Is smokeless tobacco a good substitute for cigarettes?

In 1986, the Surgeon General concluded that the use of smokeless tobacco "is not a safe substitute for smoking cigarettes. It can cause cancer and a number of noncancerous conditions and can lead to nicotine addiction and dependence." Since 1991, the National Cancer Institute (NCI), a part of the National Institutes of Health, has officially recommended that the public avoid and discontinue the use of all tobacco products, including smokeless tobacco. NCI also recognizes that nitrosamines, found in tobacco products, are not safe at any level. The accumulated scientific evidence does not support changing this position.

So...you skip lung cancer and get throat cancer and tumors in your face. Sounds great!

#10 User is offline   IronMassacre 

• Yeah...Im special.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:IronMassacre

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:55 PM

heard of niccotine patches and gum?
Removed, too many lines of text with image.
Yay^ :(

#11 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:23 PM

I just go with the old fashioned solution. Not smoking to begin with.

Only drug I use is caffeine.
Member of Team Akkadian

#12 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:30 PM

The best idea is to just not use tobacco PERIOD, that saves you from everything. Here in Ohio they passed a law that no one can smoke in a public place. Including Bars, Restaurants, Stores etc. You cant smoke within 15 feet of a public entrance to a building either. I like that because it gets rid of the secondhand smoke too.
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#13 User is offline   ike123 

• Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ike

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:32 PM

Won't help much. Most of the harmful chemicals and stuff come from the tobacco itself. Chew still gives you cancer, it's just in the mouth. The only way to prevent the effect of tobacco is to not use it at all.

blackcellsniper15: They did that here in CA to. I was actually surprised when i went to Arizona and went to a restaruant. They asked which section we wanted to sit in. It was weird.

This post has been edited by ike123: 27 August 2007 - 05:34 PM

Paintball isn't my hobby, it's my lifestyle. Go hard or go home.

#14 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:35 PM

View Postblackcellsniper15, on Aug 27 2007, 05:30 PM, said:

Here in Ohio they passed a law that no one can smoke in a public place. Including Bars, Restaurants, Stores etc. You cant smoke within 15 feet of a public entrance to a building either. I like that because it gets rid of the secondhand smoke too.

Hennepin County, MN has similar laws. One major difference is nobody enforces the 15-feet rule (there is a set distance by law, I think it's in the 10-20 foot range but do not remember). Consequently, the smokers congregate at doors, and now it's just clean air inside.

This post has been edited by Thalion: 27 August 2007 - 05:35 PM

Member of Team Akkadian

#15 Guest_Cheif Crazy Horse_*

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:41 PM

View PostBrutishOpus, on Aug 27 2007, 11:59 AM, said:

removing all of the nasty chemicals and just puttting straight 100% organic tobbaco with non-bleached paper and non-fiber glass filter

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that just an expensive cigar?

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users