• You cannot reply to this topic

Remotes

#1 User is offline   pbsniper 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:LOADEDSNIPER

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:21 PM

I've had a bad experience with a remote in the past, some o-ring kept on flyin out and it would leak. What is a slide-check?
Would a slide-check solve that problem?

What remote would you guys recomend? I am using it on a blazer with CO2 so I need the bottle to be vertical, so is there any vertical vests/pod packs that you guys would recomend?
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." -Glenn Palmer

Sabre # 163 - If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done

"I think I'm going to make a broad patent on "crap". Then SP will have to pay me royalties for every marker they make." -JerseyPaint

#2 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:44 PM

View Postpbsniper, on Nov 26 2007, 07:21 PM, said:

I've had a bad experience with a remote in the past, some o-ring kept on flyin out and it would leak. What is a slide-check?
Would a slide-check solve that problem?

What remote would you guys recomend? I am using it on a blazer with CO2 so I need the bottle to be vertical, so is there any vertical vests/pod packs that you guys would recomend?

PMI make really good remotes with a slide check - if that's what you want...

A slide check is an in-line on/off that's mounted at the QD where the remote goes into the asa. They can, however be a pain. The two Orings inside need to be constantly oiled or it will leak and if the flow-holes in the body of the check valve have a burr on them, will cut those O-Rings when you slide it on and off.

Depending on what marker you have, depends on if you really need the slide check at all. Spyders and Tippmanns can have the air blown out of the system simply by:

1. shutting the air/co2 off at the source and then
2. Pushing forward on the bolt to push the valve pin forward and empty the marker (or you can just shoot it after the source has been shut off).

The slide check is nice, so long as it works properly.

As far as vests/packs...it really depends on how much you feel like carrying and how much weight you want to put up with.

I wear a BlackHawk EOD vest but I stay in the woods for HOURS. I take all my air (2 tanks...a 114/45 and an 88/45) and a lot of paint (5+4 pod holder and < 16 loose pods in bags) for large scenarios but use a 5-pod holder for mech markers and at the renegade field. It's really about what you want to carry at once and for how long.

This post has been edited by druid: 26 November 2007 - 05:50 PM

Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#3 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Galihad

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:50 PM

a slide check could help with your o-rings flying out.

a slide check is something that attaches to your remote and when you are about to take off your marker after turning off your remote, you simply move the slide check and the air will bleed out of it instead of blasting out of the end when you remove it from your marker

most remotes are pretty equal, so just take a look at SO and buy one from them that or Palmers

I would recommend a vest for an air tank, just so its evenly distributed and SO makes some good ones too, I got the recon vest and bought the air tank seperate for pretty cheap
Christian paintballers -beating the hell out of satan with tiny balls-
Sabre #117
My feedback!:click here

#4 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:45 PM

Yes, it will help. Go with PMI. They make the best IMO
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic