• You cannot reply to this topic

Water transfer printing Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   DarkSunTzu 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:DarkSunTzu

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:45 AM

Has anyone tried getting their marker Water Transfer Printed? How did it turn out? Is there any precautions that need to be taken? Here is a link to show you what I mean.

http://www.watertransferprinting.com/

I found this place through the Crye Multicam website.

Is this finish durable for paintball? They seem to have many different camo patterns. Do I have to worry about the finish entering the inside of the marker and altering the tolerances. How about the barrel and the porting on the barrel. Can they keep the finish out of the inside of the barrel?

If anyone has any information, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

P.S. check out this the A-Tacs camo website. They have some real guns that have been water transfer printed.

#2 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:13 PM

Had a gun done on our team. Multicam. Looked good for a couple months...then just like every other water Ttansfer gun I have seen there started to be some problems.

Typically the first signs appear at the inside corners. The film starts to pull away from the part it was formed to starting in the depth of the corner.
Then you will see a slight seperation in patern that eventually devalops into a peel of the film.

There was also damage done by a direct impact from a paintball. The common halo you see on a painball lens appeared...and quickly spread into a complete delamination of the film in a nice little .68 cal circle.

Now I have been assured by a few other vendors that this is not a normal occurance. But to me, every water transfer I have seen on a paintball gun fails to date.

I say you need to really do your research on the company providing the work and make sure they will stand behind the product. If there is even a doubt in their abiity to make the process work do not use them.

#3 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:37 PM

could u use a sealent...like clear coat spray on?

just to make it last longer
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#4 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:blackrain's aftermath

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:13 PM

I've had a couple of guns done without issues. Here's review I did on mine. Just look thru the reviews,second one down.

Later,
Blackrain:)

http://www.mcarterbr...-write-ups.html

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users