Special Ops Paintball: quick question about the ETEK ego... - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

quick question about the ETEK ego...

#1 User is offline   PUNISHMENT 

  • I shoot, I scoot, I just wish I could aim.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 416
  • Joined: 11-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:c-ville,IN
  • Brigade Name:tripwire_sniper

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:59 AM

ok, im planing to get one. and i want to know if my battery dies while im playing, can i still shoot? i know that you can play a loooong time on one battery, but if by chance it dies on the field, will i still be able to shoot?
They call me PUNISHMENT. Care to find out why?
if you let your girlfriend play paintball better than you, put this in your sig.
Soon to be member of the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS. Where the hardcore kids play.
WTB: Planet Eclipse '07 EGO for $700 or less. must be in great shape.
WTB: a crossfire 68/45 HP tank RED for less than $140 (must be in great shape, still under hydro)
Special Ops Counter-Sniper #1 wanna be one? follow the link.
0

#2 User is offline   Tots 

  • Yup, thats me ^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 782
  • Joined: 01-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Crappachuessetts!
  • Brigade Name:whitefox2474

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:01 PM

View PostPUNISHMENT, on Oct 16 2007, 02:59 PM, said:

ok, im planing to get one. and i want to know if my battery dies while im playing, can i still shoot? i know that you can play a loooong time on one battery, but if by chance it dies on the field, will i still be able to shoot?


Nope.

The battery should last more than one day anyways.
0

#3 User is offline   PUNISHMENT 

  • I shoot, I scoot, I just wish I could aim.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 416
  • Joined: 11-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:c-ville,IN
  • Brigade Name:tripwire_sniper

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:04 PM

View PostTots, on Oct 16 2007, 12:01 PM, said:

View PostPUNISHMENT, on Oct 16 2007, 02:59 PM, said:

ok, im planing to get one. and i want to know if my battery dies while im playing, can i still shoot? i know that you can play a loooong time on one battery, but if by chance it dies on the field, will i still be able to shoot?


Nope.

The battery should last more than one day anyways.

one day? wow. i thought it would last a lot longer. whats the average amount of games you can play before a battery needs changed? am i looking at lpaying 4-5 games before changing, or am i looking at 40-50 games?
They call me PUNISHMENT. Care to find out why?
if you let your girlfriend play paintball better than you, put this in your sig.
Soon to be member of the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS. Where the hardcore kids play.
WTB: Planet Eclipse '07 EGO for $700 or less. must be in great shape.
WTB: a crossfire 68/45 HP tank RED for less than $140 (must be in great shape, still under hydro)
Special Ops Counter-Sniper #1 wanna be one? follow the link.
0

#4 User is offline   Tots 

  • Yup, thats me ^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 782
  • Joined: 01-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Crappachuessetts!
  • Brigade Name:whitefox2474

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:15 PM

View PostPUNISHMENT, on Oct 16 2007, 02:04 PM, said:

View PostTots, on Oct 16 2007, 12:01 PM, said:

View PostPUNISHMENT, on Oct 16 2007, 02:59 PM, said:

ok, im planing to get one. and i want to know if my battery dies while im playing, can i still shoot? i know that you can play a loooong time on one battery, but if by chance it dies on the field, will i still be able to shoot?


Nope.

The battery should last more than one day anyways.

one day? wow. i thought it would last a lot longer. whats the average amount of games you can play before a battery needs changed? am i looking at lpaying 4-5 games before changing, or am i looking at 40-50 games?


It will last about 3 full days of paintball in my experience, depending if you are ramping/shooting a lot. I usually replace my batteries every full day I play though.
0

#5 User is offline   PUNISHMENT 

  • I shoot, I scoot, I just wish I could aim.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 416
  • Joined: 11-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:c-ville,IN
  • Brigade Name:tripwire_sniper

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:19 PM

View PostTots, on Oct 16 2007, 12:15 PM, said:

View PostPUNISHMENT, on Oct 16 2007, 02:04 PM, said:

View PostTots, on Oct 16 2007, 12:01 PM, said:

View PostPUNISHMENT, on Oct 16 2007, 02:59 PM, said:

ok, im planing to get one. and i want to know if my battery dies while im playing, can i still shoot? i know that you can play a loooong time on one battery, but if by chance it dies on the field, will i still be able to shoot?


Nope.

The battery should last more than one day anyways.

one day? wow. i thought it would last a lot longer. whats the average amount of games you can play before a battery needs changed? am i looking at lpaying 4-5 games before changing, or am i looking at 40-50 games?


It will last about 3 full days of paintball in my experience, depending if you are ramping/shooting a lot. I usually replace my batteries every full day I play though.

doesnt it have a straight semi mode? thats the one i will be using the most. ill keep and extra pack of 9v's with me just in case anyway.

is it hard to change the battery? would i be able to change it in the field during a slow point in a scenario game?
They call me PUNISHMENT. Care to find out why?
if you let your girlfriend play paintball better than you, put this in your sig.
Soon to be member of the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS. Where the hardcore kids play.
WTB: Planet Eclipse '07 EGO for $700 or less. must be in great shape.
WTB: a crossfire 68/45 HP tank RED for less than $140 (must be in great shape, still under hydro)
Special Ops Counter-Sniper #1 wanna be one? follow the link.
0

#6 User is offline   Tots 

  • Yup, thats me ^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 782
  • Joined: 01-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Crappachuessetts!
  • Brigade Name:whitefox2474

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:21 PM

View PostPUNISHMENT, on Oct 16 2007, 02:19 PM, said:

View PostTots, on Oct 16 2007, 12:15 PM, said:

View PostPUNISHMENT, on Oct 16 2007, 02:04 PM, said:

View PostTots, on Oct 16 2007, 12:01 PM, said:

View PostPUNISHMENT, on Oct 16 2007, 02:59 PM, said:

ok, im planing to get one. and i want to know if my battery dies while im playing, can i still shoot? i know that you can play a loooong time on one battery, but if by chance it dies on the field, will i still be able to shoot?


Nope.

The battery should last more than one day anyways.

one day? wow. i thought it would last a lot longer. whats the average amount of games you can play before a battery needs changed? am i looking at lpaying 4-5 games before changing, or am i looking at 40-50 games?


It will last about 3 full days of paintball in my experience, depending if you are ramping/shooting a lot. I usually replace my batteries every full day I play though.

doesnt it have a straight semi mode? thats the one i will be using the most. ill keep and extra pack of 9v's with me just in case anyway.

is it hard to change the battery? would i be able to change it in the field during a slow point in a scenario game?


It will last all day during a scenario. Just put a new one in before you play, and you'll be set the whole day. It's not hard to change the battery at all. On the Etek, you just need to open the grip, take out the old battery, and put the new one in. Bam, done.
0

#7 User is offline   blackraven64 

  • What more do you want?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,967
  • Joined: 06-October 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ocala,Florida
  • Brigade Name:BlackRaven

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:23 PM

it's really easy to change. My batteries have lasted me about 5-7 days of practice and on average I shoot about 1 case every practice. I'm pretty sure that I could've gone a couple more practices without having to change my battery but I like to be safe.
0

#8 User is offline   Tots 

  • Yup, thats me ^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 782
  • Joined: 01-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Crappachuessetts!
  • Brigade Name:whitefox2474

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:25 PM

And yes, it does have straight semi.
0

#9 User is offline   PUNISHMENT 

  • I shoot, I scoot, I just wish I could aim.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 416
  • Joined: 11-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:c-ville,IN
  • Brigade Name:tripwire_sniper

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:14 PM

View Postblackraven64, on Oct 16 2007, 12:23 PM, said:

it's really easy to change. My batteries have lasted me about 5-7 days of practice and on average I shoot about 1 case every practice. I'm pretty sure that I could've gone a couple more practices without having to change my battery but I like to be safe.



View PostTots, on Oct 16 2007, 12:25 PM, said:

And yes, it does have straight semi.

thank you for the information. im starting to get a bit of a handle on all of this electro-tourney jazz lol. i dont know why i didt start playing speedball sooner, there are a lot more players around where i live that play speedball.
They call me PUNISHMENT. Care to find out why?
if you let your girlfriend play paintball better than you, put this in your sig.
Soon to be member of the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS. Where the hardcore kids play.
WTB: Planet Eclipse '07 EGO for $700 or less. must be in great shape.
WTB: a crossfire 68/45 HP tank RED for less than $140 (must be in great shape, still under hydro)
Special Ops Counter-Sniper #1 wanna be one? follow the link.
0

#10 User is offline   heisman01 

  • "the appraiser"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,652
  • Joined: 19-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:lawrenceburg IN
  • Brigade Name:heisman01

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:17 PM

i havent changed the battery in my 06 ego in months ull get plenty of games outta 1 battery what are u paying for your etek?
0

#11 User is offline   freak of nature 

  • Does that cat have an ear missing?
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 171
  • Joined: 13-June 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:Freak_of_Nature

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:19 PM

get the etek... they're awsome i love mine to death, though i havent played a game with it yet. oh and if you're gonna get one, pm heisman and talk to him he's a great dealer.
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.
....Um, what? How can i have -2 messages?
Watch in order:Unsuccessful Procedure - Part 1, Unsuccessful Procedure - Part 2
0

#12 User is offline   PUNISHMENT 

  • I shoot, I scoot, I just wish I could aim.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 416
  • Joined: 11-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:c-ville,IN
  • Brigade Name:tripwire_sniper

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:53 PM

View Postheisman01, on Oct 16 2007, 04:17 PM, said:

i havent changed the battery in my 06 ego in months ull get plenty of games outta 1 battery what are u paying for your etek?

im just saving right now but im looking at between 400-550 for a brand new one with thecase and all the stock stuff. im thinking of going with a pulse hopper instead of the vlocity. opinions on that?
They call me PUNISHMENT. Care to find out why?
if you let your girlfriend play paintball better than you, put this in your sig.
Soon to be member of the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS. Where the hardcore kids play.
WTB: Planet Eclipse '07 EGO for $700 or less. must be in great shape.
WTB: a crossfire 68/45 HP tank RED for less than $140 (must be in great shape, still under hydro)
Special Ops Counter-Sniper #1 wanna be one? follow the link.
0

#13 User is offline   heisman01 

  • "the appraiser"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,652
  • Joined: 19-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:lawrenceburg IN
  • Brigade Name:heisman01

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:12 PM

vlocity
0

#14 User is offline   PUNISHMENT 

  • I shoot, I scoot, I just wish I could aim.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 416
  • Joined: 11-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:c-ville,IN
  • Brigade Name:tripwire_sniper

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:08 PM

View Postheisman01, on Oct 16 2007, 07:12 PM, said:

vlocity

what makes the vlocity better than the pulse? everything ive been researching and all the videos seem to point to the pulse, although it is more expensive. anyway some one could give me a quick rundown as to why one is better than the other. i know all the specs about both, and the pulse seems to be better to me. (i know this will prolly be in the wrng section but a high end marker needs a high end hopper lol)
They call me PUNISHMENT. Care to find out why?
if you let your girlfriend play paintball better than you, put this in your sig.
Soon to be member of the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS. Where the hardcore kids play.
WTB: Planet Eclipse '07 EGO for $700 or less. must be in great shape.
WTB: a crossfire 68/45 HP tank RED for less than $140 (must be in great shape, still under hydro)
Special Ops Counter-Sniper #1 wanna be one? follow the link.
0

#15 User is offline   heisman01 

  • "the appraiser"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,652
  • Joined: 19-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:lawrenceburg IN
  • Brigade Name:heisman01

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:21 PM

vlocitys are still made and parts are easier to get
0

Share this topic:


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users