• You cannot reply to this topic

Old Ego, New Owner Some questions

#1 User is offline   chinstrap 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:kl0wn

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:23 AM

Hi Ego people, I just got a somewhat fixer-upper '06 Ego and have been playing around with it for long enough to form some questions regarding the software and such.

When I turn it on the LCD reads "Semi 2.07".
I've tried messing with the modes as per the manual I got off the Planet Eclipse website and I can't seem to change it to anything other than semi.
This leads me to believe that the software is semi-only.

Does anybody have any knowledge of this "Semi 2.07" software? I've run multiple searches and have been unable to find any info.

If I decided I wanted to change the board, I was considering getting a Scenario Dreams Ego T-board since according to this site here: http://www.scenariod....com/index.html
they have them for pretty cheap, and I need eyes anyway and their eyes are pretty cheap too.

Has anybody ordered from these guys before? I ask because Firefox is telling me I shouldn't trust them. I think Firefox may be a little overprotective.

Also, does anybody know how I would go about getting an eye cover for the right side? I only need one and I don't want to pony up $40+ for a whole CCU kit when I just need one eye cover and don't even care about the color.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:42 PM

I really suggest you don't skimp out on electronics. Getting a good board, like a Virtue or Tadoa, and a good set of eyes, like Virtue laser eyes, will work better for you. It will also help the resale when you decide to get a new gun.

#3 User is offline   chinstrap 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:18 PM

View PostFlippy the Wonder Bunny, on Nov 13 2009, 05:42 PM, said:

I really suggest you don't skimp out on electronics. Getting a good board, like a Virtue or Tadoa, and a good set of eyes, like Virtue laser eyes, will work better for you. It will also help the resale when you decide to get a new gun.

Yeah, but we're also talking a bare minimum of $100 more for the Virtue/Tadao stuff. Considering that I only do this recreationally, I don't really think I need top-of-the-line electronics at this point. Resale value is a non-issue at this time.

Besides, I can always upgrade later on if I feel the need; I'll only be out about $20.

Is there some kind of issue with the T-boards that I'm not aware of?
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Danger Dan 

• Team Desert Edge
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Danger Dan

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:56 AM

The stock board is all you will ever need. It has several options other that semi. You just need to go in and push the red button on the board so it unlocks. Read the manual and you will be shooting faces all day long with that puppy.

There I just saved you $20 on the board now you can go in and get the CCU kit you want.

Remember that the only upgrade for an EGO is a new EGO. Dont waste money on anything other than a cure 3 bolt and/or Zick Kit

#5 User is offline   chinstrap 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:40 PM

View PostDanger Dan, on Nov 20 2009, 12:56 PM, said:

You just need to go in and push the red button on the board so it unlocks.

Yeah, that didn't work out; it's still semi.

Ahem...

Holy thread necro...
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   13th Disciple 

• Disciple
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Disciple

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:15 PM

View Postchinstrap, on Feb 4 2010, 11:40 PM, said:

View PostDanger Dan, on Nov 20 2009, 12:56 PM, said:

You just need to go in and push the red button on the board so it unlocks.

Yeah, that didn't work out; it's still semi.

Ahem...

Holy thread necro...

I would encourage you to go over to pbnation.com, create a free account, and ask this question in the EGO section. They have a PE certified tech on the forum there all the time who would be more than willing to assist you. There are not a lot of people here on specops that are familiar with these types of guns. Unfortunately most people shoot Tippmanns or other Mil sim guns. I havnt shoot any EGO before the 08 model so I cant assist you either.

#7 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:33 PM

View Post13th Disciple, on Feb 18 2010, 04:15 PM, said:

There are not a lot of people here on specops that are familiar with these types of guns. Unfortunately most people shoot Tippmanns or other Mil sim guns.

Posted Image

:P I feel so sterotyped. Me thinks somebody is mistaken. I have seen Desert Edge Egos but no PBN Egos. Not to mention how many other scenerio teams here have been sponsored by SP, MacDev and others.

#8 User is offline   13th Disciple 

• Disciple
  • PipPip

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:56 AM

I understand your a admin so you are going to be biased to the site. However, I enjoy both sites, each having their pros and cons. This post has been up here since November at least and no one has been able to fix his problem. I am going to post this same problem under my name on pbnation and we will see how long it takes someone to answer this question.

And I am sorry but I fail to understand the point you are trying to make. I have never seen a pbnation official EGO. They dont do EGOs for websites just for teams and companies.

And I base my mil sim and tippy fact off of what I see on this forum. Look at the buy sell trade thread and see how many mil sim guns are being sold on a day to day basis. Look at the paint thread and see how many people are asking for assistance on getting there mil sim gun painted. Look at any thread about what gun to buy. Majority of the people are telling posters to get a Tippy or a mil sim gun. I have yet to come across one thread that talked more about guns that were not mil sim guns with the exception of threads based on companys or the speedball section. I mean just look at the threads in particular. They cater to mil sim players, which I understand because this is spec ops meaning special operations. The whole site caters to mil sim and scenario players and the majority of those players shoot mil sim guns. I use to be one of them. I just decided to play a more aggresive, in your face style of paintball, so I needed a lighter set up. I ditched the 30 pound heavily modded A5, flurry vest, remote line and got me a PMR, pod pack, and some cleats, Best decision I ever made.

I am not trying to hate on mil sim or scenario players. I play scenario paintball, always have and always will. Just stated what I have observed here on this forum.

This post has been edited by 13th Disciple: 19 February 2010 - 07:12 AM

#9 User is offline   13th Disciple 

• Disciple
  • PipPip

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:48 AM

Several posts so far under the pbnation thread. Is the marker from the US, UK, or Australia. Apparently Australian markers have to be semi-only due to restrictions and legal issues within Australia.

#10 User is offline   chinstrap 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:32 AM

View Post13th Disciple, on Feb 19 2010, 09:48 AM, said:

Several posts so far under the pbnation thread. Is the marker from the US, UK, or Australia. Apparently Australian markers have to be semi-only due to restrictions and legal issues within Australia.

I have no idea; I bought it used. It probably is Australian or has an Australian board in it or something. I do know that it's a PEV's edition though.

I did some number-crunching however, and came to the conclusion that if I were to sell it and save the money that I was going to spend on rehabbing it, I could just buy Emag lowers and make my Automag do what I wanted the Ego to do (aside from be efficient in the air consumption department). So that's what I'm doing.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   13th Disciple 

• Disciple
  • PipPip

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:58 AM

Ok man sounds like a plan. There was an individual on pbnation who stated the board you were looking at getting for it was real good. He stated "I am serious about the SD board though. I love the one in my cocker and the one in my ego. No fancy screen, but for 15.90 shipped, it is lovely. I got mine 4 days after I ordered it!"

Regardless on what you decide I hope you enjoy your marker.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users