Tac 8 as primary weapon Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:36 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Jun 16 2008, 04:53 PM, said:

I stuck a quick cap on my Zeus G1. How fast can it be? Pull the quick cap, dump a 10-round tube in, close it. Every 20 shots, change 12-grams. It's about as fast as fumbling with the magazine. Trust me, having used both, I'd never use a Tac8 ever again.

I'm the opposite. The way I see it, if you have the cash for a few mags, you can reload your Tac-8 indefinitely through the game without worrying about co2 until a long time later. I'll be hitting the field this year with nothing but a pistol and some mags (no tubes!) -- granted, you don't have the ammo capacity as anybody else on the field, but that's kinda the point.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#17 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:41 PM

8 rounds is substandard even compared to other pistols or stock class pumps. It wouldn't have been hard for them to make the magazine a little longer, and maybe include a quickchange of some sort.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#18 User is offline   Shadow Sparda 

• Trust me. I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow Sparda

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:56 PM

I like the Tac 8. Not bashing it or anything. But there are just so many alternatives that have multiple uses and other benefits. Plus you can pick up a PGP in good shape for 1/3 the price of a Tac 8, not to mention the other mags and other goodies.
My Feedback

"So screw that. I ain't dying" - Tree Fitty
You're right bub. You've got a whole community who will never let that happen. In your memory. In your honor.

#19 Guest_PhantomSniper1_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:55 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Jun 16 2008, 04:41 PM, said:

8 rounds is substandard even compared to other pistols or stock class pumps. It wouldn't have been hard for them to make the magazine a little longer, and maybe include a quickchange of some sort.

Quick Change That's $13.65 in USD.

WardenWolf- I believe you are kind of being unfair saying that the Zues is better than the Tac8 AFTER it has been upgraded...Well, if you upgrade the Tac 8 with a quick changer, you have a pretty even fight. I am not trying to pick a fight with you either as you are a Moderator and I don't want to do that, just a friendly arguement.

View PostShadow Sparda, on Jun 16 2008, 08:56 PM, said:

I like the Tac 8. Not bashing it or anything. But there are just so many alternatives that have multiple uses and other benefits. Plus you can pick up a PGP in good shape for 1/3 the price of a Tac 8, not to mention the other mags and other goodies.

From what it sounds, for him money is not much of an object...That's just the tone I got out of the original post.

#20 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:52 PM

I have the toolless adapter. Its pretty quick to change out 12 grams. Not as fast as other systems but reasonable. Combine that with the extender and you have some fairly potent firepower
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#21 Guest_PhantomSniper1_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:07 PM

Yep, I completely agree, and Tiberius is fairly well established in the paintball world.

#22 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:26 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on Jun 16 2008, 07:41 PM, said:

So because the Tac 8 only carries 8 rounds, its substandard by todays standards? The 1911 Colt 45 only held 8 rounds but it was extremely effective. So much so, that US Marines choose it over the Beretta 9mm. The reasoning is different but if the pistol works and you had the 17 shot capability of the magazine extenders.... What other pistol can touch it? Through in the toolless 12 gram changers....Not too much can touch it.,
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#23 User is offline   Lord of sayde 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BAPTISM BY FIRE

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:15 AM

how does the remote air adaptor work? does it go thru the mag? if so how do u change mags?!!

#24 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

View PostLord of sayde, on Jul 1 2008, 01:15 PM, said:

how does the remote air adaptor work? does it go thru the mag? if so how do u change mags?!!

Thats for the t9, which is different than the t8.

As for my opinion, the t8 is a great gun, if you can carry it at all times. For flag runs, it would be great, because you can fire it easily and accurately with one hand. However, when I have it holstered, it slides around way to much for me, and it is too heavy on my belt. I use a specops t8 holster. For that reason, I don't use it as a backup in games, because I am very confident in the reliability of my Phantom.

Remember to keep your rate of fire under control, to about 1 BPS. You can fire faster than that, but remember, you are using a 12 gram, and you will waste gas and have shootdown very easily. It is accurate enough to fire slowly.

This post has been edited by slowerpig81: 16 July 2008 - 04:00 PM

#25 User is offline   Stuffy 

• Selling to fund E30.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STUFFY

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:21 PM

View Postslowerpig81, on Jul 16 2008, 06:58 PM, said:

View PostLord of sayde, on Jul 1 2008, 01:15 PM, said:

Thats for the t9, which is different than the t8.

As for my opinion, the t8 is a great gun, if you can carry it at all times. For flag runs, it would be great, because you can fire it easily and accurately with one hand. However, when I have it holstered, it slides around way to much for me, and it is too heavy on my belt. I use a specops t8 holster. For that reason, I don't use it as a backup in games, because I am very confident in the reliability of my Phantom.

Remember to keep your rate of fire under control, to about 1 BPS. You can fire faster than that, but remember, you are using a 12 gram, and you will waste gas and have shootdown very easily. It is accurate enough to fire slowly.

Actually they aren't different in the way they recieve air and paint, through the mags. With the t8 you can buy many different upgrades so you can use constant air, tooless 12gram changing ect...found here.

When I carried my tac8 I always had it holstered in a specops "interlocking" holster that I slid onto my belt. It was very secure actually, never dangling or anything because it was right on my belt. At one point when I used to use my tac8 alot, I had 5 mags that I carried on my belt so once again it was pretty secure. I loved it. I was about to buy a shoulder holster that held the gun and one mag under one arm and 3 mags under the other so it would of balanced out perfectly but I ended up getting into pump and I sold 3 of my mags to buy some pump gear, but I still always carry my tac8 at all the scenarios that I go to.

Also here is a link to some great leather work that another member of mcb does. His shoulder holster is sooo sexy.

This post has been edited by Stuffy: 16 July 2008 - 09:37 PM

Real men shoot Sheridans.-Marauder_Pilot And the girls arez the devils.-Toki Wartooth

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users