• You cannot reply to this topic

The UFC Thread For all things UFC related. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

• They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsGhost

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

So I have not seen any UFC or MMA threads around and thought it'd be a good idea to start one.

So, UFC 100... This is the first MMA fight I've ordered. For such a huge event... I thought it was lacking in that I wasn't able to watch the prelim fights and two of the main fights were boring.

Akiyama vs Belcher: I found this quite a boring fight. For a guy who's suppossed to be some kind of hot shot from Japan, he sure didn't do too much in the fight that'd really say he was. Also, both of the fighters were completly worn out by the middle of the second round. This made for the rest of the fight to be even more boring than the start.

Lesnar vs Mir II: Another boring fight because it consisted of the tried and true method of bowling over the other guy and punching him. Too bad there's no one in the heavy weight division that can put up a fight against Brock because the division just got boring. The only fight I really care about is Couture vs Nogueira fight. After that... Heavy Weight division just seems that it won't go anywhere as long as there's no one else that can stand toe to toe with a guy that size.

I found the GSP Alves fight good, the Henderson Bisping fight amazing and the last bout fun to watch as well, very technical.

Thoughts? Opinions? Anything at all?
BOG, that was the most annoying thing I have ever had to endure, and I once watched a whole Teletubbies episode. - Hobo
I don't have MAJOR problems. I have minor annoyances that YOU consider major problems.
WARNING: Extreme sarcasm ahead.

#2 User is offline   Volker 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:41 PM

Belcher's got a MEAN kick. I'm sure Akiyama was hurting the entire match. I kinda feel that Belcher got a little robbed. Sure he gotten taken down a couple of times, BUT DID YOU SEE THAT OFF-THE-FENCE SUPERMAN PUNCH??? Golden.

St. Pierre was flawless.

Bisping got the BOINK knocked out of him, lol.

And Lesnar is just a fat-butt....(Don't tell him I said that)

The last fight was horrible by the way if anyone watched it. They just hugged on each other.

#3 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

• They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:45 PM

Last fight was very much a wrestling/ ju jitsu fit. So of course it looked like they were hugging. I liked that fight though.

The off-the-cage superman was cool, but that was the only interesting part of that fight. The rest was boring as hell. Akiyama was overly hyped to only be seen using a kick boxing style.

I want to see a GSP vs Anderson Silva fight. Though what I'm looking looking forward to is seeing Anderson fight more of the well known and good fighters amoung the light heaveyweight division. That weight class never disappoints.

This post has been edited by Fenrisulfr: 13 July 2009 - 04:47 PM

BOG, that was the most annoying thing I have ever had to endure, and I once watched a whole Teletubbies episode. - Hobo
I don't have MAJOR problems. I have minor annoyances that YOU consider major problems.

#4 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:47 PM

GSP's fight was good

i was hoing for bisping to pull through though :(

HERE is a link to ALL the fights of UFC 100 if nobody saw them and wanted to.
Boss Paintball

#5 User is offline   Woodsballer4342 

• Noble Leader
  • PipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:49 PM

What about Brock flipping out and flipping everyone off and stuff? I didn't watch it but I read about it.lol

#6 User is offline   Volker 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:51 PM

View PostWoodsballer4342, on Jul 13 2009, 06:49 PM, said:

What about Brock flipping out and flipping everyone off and stuff? I didn't watch it but I read about it.lol

I can't wait until someone tears him up.

#7 User is offline   Woodsballer4342 

• Noble Leader
  • PipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

View PostVolker, on Jul 13 2009, 07:51 PM, said:

They said they were going to get some guy form Russia, who doesn't fight in UFC, but is suppose to be the best Heavy Weight in the world. Don't quote me on that but yeah, basically they are going to talk to the guy get him to fight Brock. It's gonna take some time but it will pay off. They said if anyone can beat him it's this guy.

#8 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

• They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:06 PM

View PostWoodsballer4342, on Jul 13 2009, 05:53 PM, said:

View PostVolker, on Jul 13 2009, 07:51 PM, said:

They said they were going to get some guy form Russia, who doesn't fight in UFC, but is suppose to be the best Heavy Weight in the world. Don't quote me on that but yeah, basically they are going to talk to the guy get him to fight Brock. It's gonna take some time but it will pay off. They said if anyone can beat him it's this guy.

Yeah, I've heard that too. It'd definatly make things a lot more interesting. And I think Brock may have brought some of the WWE with him. You now, being the first real "bad guy" in the sport.

#9 User is offline   BLACK MAMBA 

• Living Luxerific
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:55 PM

the russian flights in affliction. his contract is up next month. they want to extend it to 2012, but ufc is going to try and out bid them. brock was such a dbag for his lil parade afterwards, unsportsman like, and just plain insulting to the ufc all around.
its to bad frank didnt break his arm like he did tims.

This post has been edited by BLACK MAMBA: 13 July 2009 - 06:05 PM

Posted Image
MM PB /VALKEN / FLASC / CCC / COMPULSIVE / MSS / TIBERIUS / GUERRILLA

#10 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

• They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:07 PM

Actually, Brock's slanders may be a good thing from a money and attention for the UFC. Since when does sportsman-like conduct attract people? It doesn't. People want drama. They want something that'll shock them. Perhaps Brock isn't as dumb as he seems... I mean... In order to concoct something like that, you must either be so smart who've figured what what it takes to bring things to that next level in terms of popularity and finances or not be trying to do anything and must really be as dumb as you sound.

#11 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:09 PM

UFC always makes me hyper and violent for a week xD
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   BLACK MAMBA 

• Living Luxerific
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:15 PM

so is that why dana white put him in his place after the fight in the bathroom? or is that why post fights he apologized for his stupid antic's? yea he may bring more money, but this isnt the wwe drama soap opera bs. he got paid 3 million for that fight. when the russian comes or brock frank # 3, i think he be pushed off his high chair.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

• They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:16 PM

Fight in a bathroom?

#14 User is offline   BLACK MAMBA 

• Living Luxerific
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:27 PM

dana white when in and had alittle talk with brock in the bathroom after the fight, brocks knock out couldnt compare with dan henderson's he got 100k for being the badest knockout of the night.
read about it on yahoo.

This post has been edited by BLACK MAMBA: 13 July 2009 - 06:28 PM

Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Volker 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:56 PM

I really hope UFC doesn't turn into something HAPPY SKIPPING JOYFUL PERSON...

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users