• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SP-1 Idea. Want to use it as an HMG

#1 User is offline   Sgt.Flanders 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

Here's what I want to do. I want to buy a Smart Parts SP-1 w/Tactical Package, a TSA Frontman Loader, and a 20oz CO2 tank, so I can use it as a Heavy Gunner to provide lots of cover fire. I'm aware that the Frontman isn't the best loader out there, I'd love to buy a Pinokio 400 rd one but they're so darn expensive, so It'll do. And don't waste your breathe trying to convince me to swith to HPA for four reasons.
1. I'm not even sure that Dunhams fills HPA (It doesn't matter if they do)
2. $50 for a tank that lasts 500 rounds is not a deal.
3. It's only $5 dollars to fill all of my tanks to use for the entire day, that's not breaking the bank.
4. I NEVER play in the winter.

I'm just looking for some input, thx for looking

here a link to what I'm talking about - http://www.ansgear.com/PhotoGallery.asp?Pr...RTPTSP1TACTICAL

#2 User is offline   focus 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Focus

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:51 PM

View PostSgt.Flanders, on May 20 2009, 09:52 PM, said:

Here's what I want to do. I want to buy a Smart Parts SP-1 w/Tactical Package, a TSA Frontman Loader, and a 20oz CO2 tank, so I can use it as a Heavy Gunner to provide lots of cover fire. I'm aware that the Frontman isn't the best loader out there, I'd love to buy a Pinokio 400 rd one but they're so darn expensive, so It'll do. And don't waste your breathe trying to convince me to swith to HPA for four reasons.
3. It's only $5 dollars to fill all of my tanks to use for the entire day, that's not breaking the bank.

here a link to what I'm talking about - http://www.ansgear.com/PhotoGallery.asp?Pr...RTPTSP1TACTICAL

So, they're charging you $100 for a bipod, stock and barrel.

You could probably buy a better barrel, and the same stock for less than $100. I think the bipod would be useless, other than looking cool..

Work hard, play hard.. In that order.

#3 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:32 AM

View Postfocus, on May 24 2009, 06:51 PM, said:

View PostSgt.Flanders, on May 20 2009, 09:52 PM, said:

So, they're charging you $100 for a bipod, stock and barrel.

You could probably buy a better barrel, and the same stock for less than $100. I think the bipod would be useless, other than looking cool..

Agreed, bipods are useless. Also if you are using a stock, you will probably want to use a remote line and a harness that can hold a tank. As far as loaders go you should consider an eggy II, they are far better than the frontman, and are fairly cheap.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#4 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:48 PM

Why not look into a velocity jr? They are cheap and can feed crazy fast.
Coming soon.

#5 User is offline   Seanallen 

• 93 till' Infinity
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:H702K

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:34 PM

Honestly, you do not even need a blazing fast hopper to be a support gunner.
If you can say maintain a constant fire rate of 12-14bps. I think that stream of fire would put anyones head down, plus it is paint conservative.
Here is a hopper to consider: http://www.actionvil...om/014-214-0006
15bps feed rate and it holds 230 balls.

#6 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:13 PM

i have the frontman and i havent been able to out shoot it on my Ion.....i hardly doubt youll out shoot it with an SP1.....i believe it feeds at 15 BPS which is about what the SP1 tops out at.....

and ide honestly just buy the Stock SP1 and buy a stock for it......trust me, youll never use the Bipod and itll be much cheaper than the package.....

#7 User is offline   .JERK. 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SP1_OWNER

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:38 PM

i have an sp1 and i hate using co2 because is freeze if you shoot to fast and the sp1 shoot more accurate, and farther with hpa. Im just suggesting save money and buy a Ninja Brand hpa tank (i bought mine for $35, and only cost me $2 at my shop to refill), if not you go with the Tippmann A5, or X7 you want to use co2. Also Believe me when i say dont bother with the bye pod you wont use to much unless you want to get out fast

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users